Heaven's a Lie

Ten thousand souls in your right hand

I’m leaning up against the walls of my room, looking through the barred windows. In the distance I can hear the howls of unseen dogs. A noise I’ve been hearing constantly. A noise that is currently the reason why I find myself in a room with barred up windows. I checked myself into the hospital after nearly attacking my kid sister with a meat cleaver. I was awake for 48 hours at that point. I was seeing things.

“Acacia. It’s time for bed.” A voice behind me says. I turn around to see my nurse, Katie, standing there with my evening medications. “I know you are here on your own terms but you have still adhere to our rules.”

“I hate feeling like a damn zombie.” I chuckle as I go over to take my cocktail of anti-whatevers the doctors have prescribed me. “Did anyone call for me tonight?”

“Your sister Tobi tried calling.” Katie replies as I take my medications. “She doesn’t blame you. She mentioned that your parents want you home, they don’t blame you either. You were overworked and stressed out from school. You just hit your breaking point.”

“I dropped out of school one month prior to the attack.” I admit. “I ran into an old boyfriend and we got to talking. He made me realize that being a doctor was never anything I wanted. My parents would have a hissy fit. They never liked Dean. We only dated for a couple weeks before he took off in the middle of the night with no goodbye.”

“Get to sleep, Ace.” She smiles. “You’ve got a big day tomorrow.”

“Of course, can’t forget that I’ve got to share my story in group therapy and beat Rhonda in checkers.” I sarcastically say before heading into my cot of a bed. “Night Katie.”

“Night, Ace.” She turns off the light and closes the door behind her.

I can feel the medications working. My eyes are growing heavy and the dogs? They are nowhere to be heard. Thank God for drugs…

**

“Hey Ace!” Rhonda greets me. “How did you sleep last night?” She nervously looks around. This is a tick of hers I noticed. A tick that tells me she knows something she shouldn’t and she really wants to tell someone.

“What do you know, Rhonda?” I question the middle aged woman. “You are obviously about to burst if you don’t tell someone.”

“There are two cops here talking to a couple of the doctors as well as the head honcho.” She starts. “The cops were talking to your doctors, Ace. And it sounded pretty serious. The only word I caught clearly was ‘accident’.” The noise in the hospital seems to just stop. The only thing I can hear is the beating of my own heart.

“Where are they Rhonda?” I ask her.

“Dr. Mathers’ office.” She replies. I quickly say ‘thank you’ before running off towards the office. If they are truly talking about me, I deserve to know. Especially if there was an accident.

“We can’t tell her this.” Dr. Simpson states. “Acacia is here because she had a psychotic break. She went after her own sister because of a hallucination. She’s made great progress, if you tell her that her parents were slaughtered and her sister is in critical condition, she might never get out of here.”

I storm into the room, all eyes fall onto me. “What happened to my family? What are you planning on keeping from me?”

“Acacia, please leave this is for your own good.” Dr. Simpson tells me as she tries to usher me out of the office. “We worked so hard, I don’t want to see you lose this progress.”

“Tell me what happened to my family!” I shout at her. “I deserve to know! This is my family. My only family.”

“Acacia Danvers, I’m Officer Stewart, I was the officer on call.” He introduces himself. “My partner and I got a call to your family home, there was a noise complaint. Your neighbors heard screaming along with sounds of angry dogs.”

“Angry dogs?” I question.I feel like my stomach jumped up into my throat. “Angry dogs?”

“There were claw marks on the wood flooring and in other places…” The officer is watching his words.

“My parents were mauled to death?” I question him, knowing the answer already. “What kind of dogs would maul random people? It can’t be wolves, we live in the middle of New Orleans.”

“Thing is, your neighbors couldn’t see what dogs were there. They said it was like the dogs were invisible.”

“Hellhounds.” I whisper under my breath. “What about my sister October?” I ask the officer. “How is she?”

“Critical condition.” He informs me. “She’s at LSU health.”

I turn to the group of doctors. “I’m signing myself out. I’m leaving today.”

“Acacia, we don’t advise this.” Dr. Martin, head of the hospital, tells me. “You’ve made great progress, I’d hate for you to ruin that over some freak accident.”

“Some freak accident!?” I scream at him. “This is my family! I’m leaving. Today! I signed myself in, I’m signing myself out. Or do I have to get these lovely officers to help me get out of here?”

All of the doctors look at each other, sighing. “We’ll get your paperwork ready.” Dr. Simpson says before disappearing out of the office.

I turn to Officer Stewart, “I can be ready in 20 minutes. Can you please take me to the hospital? I need to see my sister.”

**

I walk into October’s room. She’s hooked up to a ventilator and her body is covered in claw marks; deep ones. Tears form in my eyes as I walk over to her bed. I pull up the chair close to her bed. I sit down and take her hand in my own.

“What did mom and dad get up to?” I ask her, knowing I’m not getting an answer any time soon. “Hellhounds have been haunting me for the last month. Mom and dad thought I was crazy, fuck I thought I was crazy. But Hellhounds don’t go after regular people, do that? But then again, we aren’t exactly regular people. Hellhounds only go after people that have sold their souls. You know, I’ve always wondered how they were able to leave the Hunter’s life, you know? I hoped it was because they saved and hustled their way. Not because they sold their souls. But it’s been ten years years since our lives got better here in New Orleans.

“I get it though, they were desperate to get away from the Winchesters; especially since I was finding myself falling for Dean. I can get their desperation. Because there is nothing I wouldn’t do to save you. And by the looks of you, I’m gonna have to get really despart. Because I can’t lose you, Tobi. And if you know what I’m about to do, you’ll never forgive me.” I lean over and kiss her forehead. “Please forgive me…” I get up out of the chair and head out of the hospital and towards the closest crossroads…

**

“Never thought in a million years I’d see the eldest Danvers daughter barking up my tree.” The beautiful brunette female in front of me sells. “Especially not after what your parents did.” Her smile is wicked, but not as terrifying as she thinks it is.

“Thanks to my parents fuck up, my sister is in critical condition.” I tell her. “She’s only 21. She has her whole life ahead of her. She has plans of being a doctor, the same plans I once had. She would be an amazing doctor. She deserves to be able to do that.”

“You think her future is worth your soul?” She questions. “Why should I give you ten years to live?”

“I’m not asking for ten years.” I tell her. “I’ve spent my life hunting you guys, I know you guys aren’t going to give hunters ten years. In ten years, I could easily find a way to void the contract. You knew my parents wanted out, that’s why you gave them the ten years. All I’m asking for is one year. I want to see my baby sister graduate LSU. I want to see her get into med school. I want to see her move on from what our parents have done to us over the years. I want to see her happy.”

The wicked smile on her lips grows as she closes the space between us. “Then let's seal this with a kiss.” Her arms go around my neck and she pulls me in for a kiss. A kiss I know I’m going to regret...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a rewrite of probably my first Supernatural fanfic. I'm currently rewatching it from the beginning. This is going to take place around Season 3.

Comment&subscribe?

chapter title credit: When God Comes back by All Them Witches