‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

Four

Monday morning soon came around and despite not wanting to go to school, Brooklyn dragged herself out of bed anyway. Homeroom was over by the time she arrived, avoiding the crowds of people and heading straight to her first class.

Lunchtime soon arrived and she made her way towards the cafeteria to meet Brandon, frowning at the looks she was receiving as she grabbed herself some food. Unable to shift the uneasiness she felt, Brooklyn led them out into the quad and walked over to where Axel was sitting with his friends.

“Rumor has it that you had a good time Saturday night,” Axel commented as they reached the group.

“I guess, we were only at the party for a little while and then we went to get milkshakes.”

“Just long enough to make out with Cameron Taylor according to him,” Axel’s best friend, Joshua added.

“Excuse me?” Brooklyn inquired.

“He’s been going around boasting about it all morning,” Axel revealed.

“That little...” Brooklyn mumbled, storming back into the school and ignoring the calls of her name.

It didn’t take her long to find Cameron, laughing and joking with the rest of the team.

“I told you she was easy...” she overheard Cameron say as she approached.

“Are you kidding me, right now?” Brooklyn stated, pushing Cameron from behind and glaring at him, “Why don’t we tell everyone what really happened... how about telling them that you can’t handle your drink and tried to force yourself on me?”

Tears of frustration formed in her eyes as Cameron remained silent, avoiding her gaze and she couldn’t be near him any longer. Locked in the girl's toilets, Brooklyn sat in one of the stalls and allowed her tears to fall.

Her phone vibrated non-stop in her pocket, until it seemed the caller got the hint and gave up. Of course, she was stupid to truly believe that as someone knocked gently on the door and she wiped her eyes before opening it. Stood on the other side was Axel, who took one look at her and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Let’s get out of here,” Axel suggested, earning a nod of agreement from Brooklyn and leading her out to his bike, “Any requests on where we go?”

“I just don’t want to be here.”

With a nod, Axel handed Brooklyn his spare helmet and waited for her to climb on behind him before setting off. Sat on the sand a while later, she pulled out her camera and snapped a few shots. Axel soon stood up, offering his hand without a word and helping her to her feet as she took it.

They walked along the sand in silence, fingers entwined, and pace slow. It wasn’t like they had anywhere to be in a hurry, school didn’t let out for another couple of hours and the lecture that would follow her arrival home would be totally worth this time together.

Stood looking out over the water, Brooklyn dug her toes into the sand and leaned back into Axel’s warmth as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

“Do you want to talk about it?” he whispered, pressing a kiss to the side of her neck and resting his chin on her shoulder.

“Not really,” Brooklyn told him, “I just want to be here... with you.”

“We can do that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥