‹ Prequel: Forever
Status: Active ♥

Always

Three

Brooklyn didn’t see Axel much over the next couple of weeks, though they face-timed most days and she took the opportunity to spend time with her family. It was Saturday afternoon, when her phone chimed and she grabbed it to find a new text from Brandon.

‘Hey, so Shane is throwing a party tonight... will you come with me?’

‘Do I have to?’ Brooklyn replied.

‘I don’t want to go either, but I have to at least show my face and having you there gives me a reason to leave early.’

‘Oh thanks.’

‘I didn’t mean it like that,’ Brandon responded, quickly sending another text straight after, ‘We can go for milkshakes after...’

‘Fine, I’ll be your excuse to leave early.’

‘You know that I love you, I’ll pick you up at seven.’

Just like Brooklyn, Brandon hated party’s, but his place on the baseball team came with a reputation and his team expected him to uphold that. It didn’t take her long to get ready, hearing a knock on the front door and making her way downstairs to find Brandon talking to Jared.

“You ready to go?” Brandon inquired as she joined them.

“I guess so,” Brooklyn replied, grabbing her jacket, “I’ll be home by curfew.”

“Be careful,” Jared added.

***

Loud music greeted them as they pulled up to Shane’s house and Brooklyn climbed out, taking a deep breath as she followed Brandon inside. They were both handed red plastic cups as they stepped over the threshold, glancing at each other, and disposing of them once they were out of sight.

“Twenty minutes and then we’re out of here, I promise,” Brandon whispered, giving her hand a comforting squeeze and leading her over to where his teammates were gathered.

“Just going to find the toilet,” Brooklyn told Brandon ten minutes later, earning a nod and weaving her way through the sea of bodies.

She had just left the bathroom, when she collided with someone and looked up into the drunken eyes of Cameron. The alcohol was evident on his breath, obviously something a lot stronger than the cheap beer and watered-down fruit punch she’d seen in the kitchen.

“I don’t understand what Axel Garcia has that I don’t?” he stated after a long silence, his words slurred and eyes glazed over, “It was supposed to be an easy bet, but you ruined it and now, I’m the laughing stock of the team.”

“Perhaps it will teach you to treat people properly,” Brooklyn replied angrily, wincing as Cameron grabbed her arm roughly and struggling to get free, “Let go of me.”

“We can fix this,” Cameron mumbled, pulling her close and pushing her back against the wall as he kissed her forcefully, “You can make this up to me.”

“Get off of me Cameron,” Brooklyn shouted, turning her face away and bringing her knee up into his groin as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Without hesitation, Brooklyn rushed down the stairs and barged her way through the crowd of people. She had just reached the front door, when a hand landed on her shoulder and she spun around to find Brandon watching her concerned.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, stepping closer and gently pulling her into his arms.

“Just get me out of here, please,” Brooklyn pleaded.

“Let’s go.”

Brooklyn stayed tucked into Brandon’s side as he led her out to his truck, climbing into the passenger seat and staring out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen next?

Enjoy ♥

Here's Brooklyn's party outfit for anyone who likes to see things like that.