Status: Enjoy and please I always appreciate feedback!

When All Else Fails

Ashes, Grief and Darkness Within the Sun's Light

Maria ran and fought in a daze through Kim's troops, the smoke, and the fire, the guns, and the screaming, its as if the world had no sound, it was all blurred all that mattered was cutting them down each of them, one by one, as they had cut Zeke down. Years of repressed anger and grief for losing her friend Zeke turned Maria into a "berserker" shooting, slicing and breaking the jaw of anyone coming at her, her only weapon her anger.

Noe had to warn Ville and the others to cover her and not get close. When Maria lost her temper she blacked out, and all that mattered was getting "blood", Zeke had been the one to train and calm Maria's anger outbursts, but now Zeke was not here.

Angel stood before Kim, they had been fighting one-on-one Judo style, and they were both masterful at it, what Kim did not realize is that when defending her blood Angel was a beast, she would take you down even if it was war. Alexi had been ordered to stand back and so he would flinch in pain each time Kim would land a hit, only to stare in awe when Angel would land a hit on Kim.

They were like a lion and a panther, both vicious and merciless on their bodies even as the place outside was burning. Angel had a broken wrist and had been fighting without her bat, wanting to really hurt Kim. Angel landed a hit on Kim's face that sent her reeling, only to have Kim get up and race, kicking her in the stomach, furious and untamed anger in her eyes. Angel grabbed her leg then twisted her around knocking her straight on her stomach, Kim grimaced in pain and got up reaching out to yank at Angel's hair while Angel retaliated and held her in a vice grip. Both women wrestled on the floor as Alexi stood by feeling helpless.

The fight could have gone and Kim could have been forced to retreat on but Kim made a wrong move. Kim had pulled out an electric whip, which she aimed at Alexi. By the time Angel was done with Kim, she had almost crushed her to pieces with her bat, as her body lay twitching, guts, bones, intestines, and brains all over the pace, the guards stared and ran in horror.

Alexi was frozen, he knew of her the "demoness" but he had never seen it. She was dangerous and wild not a flower to be messed with. She had literally crushed Kim, not only for her brothers but for him. It was the smoke that began to come in that alerted him

Alexi knew they had to get out and it was the walkie that awoke them, "It's them the eagles landed we have to leave baby!" Alexi exclaimed it seemed to bring her back to life and out of her murderous trance, her eyes filled with tears as they boarded the white car leaving all behind to burn.....along with her seething rage.

It was Noe who should have done it but Ville was the one to do so, he had to slap Maria out of it. They had almost made it to the exit when a small group of men attacked them, one of them happened to be the leader of the men that had killed Zeke and his men, and to his demise taunted him in front of Maria. Noe had tried to stop her but by the time Ville did she had shot so many bullets into his body and had used her knife so much he was not recognizable. The men he was with ran so fast, they were blurs.

As if on cue a white car carrying a battered but victorious Angel and Aexi arrived a little worse for wear but she did not care as she ran to embrace Jyrki and Ollie. Though all was chaos around them seeing this family reunite was a glimpse of happier days. To Maria though it was a bittersweet moment, for even though the mission had succeeded she had lost a brother-in-arms and her sensei in combat training. All was a mindless and empty joy as Angel hugged her thanking her, although Maria knew death was always at the door of those living in this world, it had not hit her this close to home in years.

Maria's legs felt numb as Angel recounted the fact that Kim was dead, it was Ville who picked her up as they climbed into the car and the few men that were left grabbed the vehicle used that were still functioning. She did not even complain or protest, all was cold and dark, she would need some time alone, with her bottles before they could honor his death, the death of her comrade, her family, and move on, for now, that they had assassinated the queen of the east, and the other clans could take that as a sign of rebellion....could they go back home?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Mary Mcray for lending me Angel