‹ Prequel: Lost in Stereo

Something's Gotta Give

A Familiar Face

Skye's Point of View

Jack and I were walking around the mall shopping for Jade and Alex. Luckily, they both were pretty easy to shop for. Jade liked to write a lot, so I picked her up some new notebooks. Alex, on the other hand, was a little bit more difficult. Being my twin and all, you would think this would have been easy, but we were the total opposites of each other. I was looking through the t-shirt and hoodie section when Jack came out of nowhere. He had a few things in his arms and from what I could tell, he was going overboard like he always did.

“Got enough stuff?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, this is only some of it. You should see my room at the house, shit-ton of stuff there,” he said.

I laughed. Jack always did this.

I decided to grab Alex a gray hoodie with a skull design on it. We paid for our things and headed back to meet up with Jade and Alex. We walked outside and sat at a table while we waited for them.

“So how are things going?” Jack asked me.

“They’re going,” I said.

“Things good between you and Kellin?” he asked.

“Sort of. I mean, he wants to get back together and it’s just not going to happen. I don’t want a relationship right now. All I want to do is focus on my job, Kendall, and family,” I told him.

“Understandable.” He nodded. “Sounds like you have your head on straight.”

I nodded in agreement. We made more small talk and Jade and Alex finally came out. We all agreed on plans for tomorrow night’s Christmas Eve party on the drive home and said our goodbyes.

The rest of the night was uneventful, and I went to bed pretty early. I woke up the next morning and took a shower. After my shower, I got some breakfast and then just chilled in my room until it was time to get ready for the party. I decided to wear a fitted black dress and I was doing my hair and makeup when I felt someone staring at me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Zack standing in the doorway. He had a smirk on his face.

“What do you want?” I rolled my eyes.

“Nothing, just enjoying the view,” he said.

I rolled my eyes again and scoffed. I finished what I was doing and grabbed my shoes. As I went to walk past him to go into the living room, Zack grabbed my arm. He pulled me close to him and put his mouth next to my ear. I could feel his breath on my neck.

“You look amazing,” he said.

He let go and looked at me. He smirked once again and he walked away. I stood there for a few moments trying to collect my thoughts, but was pulled from them when Alex called my name.

“You ready?” he asked.

“Yeah, just let me put my shoes and jacket on,” I replied.

I put them on and headed towards the door. I got into Alex’s car and sighed. It was going to be a long night.