Past or Future?

Chapter IX -Bella-

"How was my mom's visit? I hope she didn't give you a hard time" Jella gently laid down the blanket and sat on it brushing some dust off her grandmother's tombstone.

I shrugged, "It went well and it was a surprise visit early in the morning, who would have guessed"

"Did she say anything about me?" Jella faced me curiosity dancing in her eyes

I placed my palm on her grandmother's tombstone silently saying a little prayer. I looked at her name longingly, how I wish I'd seen her again. "There are some things we talked about and yes she did mention you but no I'm not gonna tell you, just ask your mom"

Jella pouted

"No, not this time that's not gonna work on me" I rolled my eyes smiling playfully

"Fine, I'll find out for myself, anyhow how are you and work?"

At the mention of the word work, Joville instantly went on my mind and subconsciously my lips twitched upwards. Jella looked at me questioningly. "Well as you can see I am alive and here with you and work was fine we have a new recruit but that's all nothing new"

Jella was silent for a moment "Someone's taking interest in you." It was a statement not a question

"I'm not pretty sure about that, you know how naive I can be but if there is someone he or she should tell me" I gritted my teeth and prayed to whoever god was listening that Jella would buy my lie

"You can date someone else if you want to, I told you that before I don't mind" Jella smiled sadly

My chest tightened I swallowed hard, damn you feelings and relationships. My life was merely quite before they came then suddenly this and that.

"I'm not really into dating right now, just enjoying life you know? Spending time with you is not that bad also, I look forward to it" I smiled sheepishly. Jella grabbed my hand and wrapped her fingers on mine.

"Just so you know, I'm here, just waiting for you to tell me that you love me again"

I pursed my lips "Why wait? You're a very attractive and funny girl, I find it hard to believe for someone not to like you"

"Then why don't you start by liking me then?"

I was torn in my gut, yes I like Jella but for now I see her as my friend, a long lost friend who found each other and faced the darkness that lurked within that broke their friendship and so called love. Seeing her at first was hard it was like my shattered heart from the past came haunting me back but eventually it got better. I took a long breath.

"You could do that but don't close doors to those who might be interested"

Jella looked thoughtfully at me "Okay,I won't. Anyhow these serious talks takes a lot of energy and emotion shall we?"

I got up and held my hands to help her stand, to my surprise she pulled me back down her lips instantly on my nose for a fleet second before I could regain balance. I stood there motionless, too shocked to speak and too shy to look her in the eye, I bet I'm turning scarlet now with that scenario. Jella folded the blanket and faced her grandma's tombstone again "See that Na? Sweet and Innocent, I'll visit you again next week, love you always take care in heaven"

Then Jella faced me "Sup, you recovered yet?" her chin pointing at me

"Why- I'm so- Argh nevermind let's go" and Jella smirked

"What do you feel like eating?" Jella asked looking around the mall finding something interesting

"I'm in the mood for pasta" looking around for any Italian restaurant

"There! Let's go" Jella grabbed my sleeve and walked directly on the right side of the building.

"Mangiamoci Su, I wonder what that means" We went inside the restaurant and seated ourselves, the waiter took our orders immediately.

"This is something new for what we actually do before" Jella looked around admiring the décor and observing the servers. While doing so, I stared at her intently recalling the times we used to have dates, usually it was at her house we both like to bake and cook we end up having a feast and invite her little bouncy cousins to eat with us. Those were one of the good days.

"Thank you" a waiter handed Jella her phone

"Uhhh.. what was that?" I hope I didn't droll I'm not that hungry, I was in my reverie for a bit. Jella showed her phone, on the screen was a picture of us sitting together and staring into each other's eyes. It looked... good I didn't even know there was a camera or that she was staring at me, I got distracted in my thoughts again.

"He has a good eye this looks so damn romantic when in reality your just daydreaming haha" Jella stuck her tongue out

"Ugh, why?" I sighed

"You liked the pic also don't deny on me"

Deep down I did.

We finished our meal and roamed a bit more in the mall. We also went to the arcade to let some steam off and have fun. Around nine thirty the mall started announcing that they would be closing soon and that was our cue to go home.

"Would you like me to take you home?" I offered not wanting to let her go just yet

"The gentle dog as you always were, I'm good thanks for the offer. I've put you to so much trouble already, don't worry we'll see each other again"

"All I wanted was a yes or no answer but you went ranting on and on" I rolled my eyes and Jella smacked me playfully

"Thank you for today Nikola, be home safe. Text me when you arrive"

"You too Jella, I enjoyed every minute. Text me also" I gave her a hug and she was off.

On my way home, I recalled my day with Jella yes it was fun, yes I liked spending time with her, and yes I admit that picture was a bit on the romantic side. Now people, here lies the problem, there are two of them who confessed their feelings for me and I'm like an electrocuted circuit board, my brain is not functioning at all and why me anyway? Ugh, I reached home. When I opened the door a paper was on the floor, whoever sent this must have slipped it under, noticing no one was home. I closed the door and examined the paper, it has my name on it then nothing reviewing it's contents it read:

"Hey Art

How are you? It's just me Joville, I visited your house earlier but it was empty. I wrote you this letter and hopefully Atlas has not devoured it yet. I was just thinking about you and well, things got a bit heated last time so I'm sorry for that. Hope your doing well!

Love Joville

P.S. Very old fashioned yeah? Thought it might be one way to your heart ;)

Bloody Damn Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo