The Mistake

Chapter XVI -Coincidence-

"Hi, the name's Jake. I'm so sorry we had to drag you down at this time of hour. I hope we didn't interrupt you on anything important?" the bastard smiled ever so sweetly at me faking innocence as if he didn't know me personally. I was about to open my mouth to rant on him when Elean spoke up.

"Jake is my boyfriend, we're still a new couple and I'm very happy for you to meet him" Elean smiled all innocent and genuine.

I groaned internally, realization washing over me like rain. That's why Jake always gives me this look as if he knows everything and just waiting for the right time to crush me. His girlfriend is my doctor and seeing the look on his face now makes me want to punch the living life out of him. Oh god, what kind of mess am I getting myself into. I smiled innocently at him but my eyes sent out a message saying you're not getting away with this easily.

"Hello Jake, what seems to be the problem? I'm not a doctor though so anything serious that occurs it's not on my plate anymore" I sneered at him.

"Look here" he motioned for me to come closer and kneel down on sunshine. Just this close proximity makes me want to gag his eyes out. He caressed the fur and small scratch marks were on her skin, surrounded by white fluid on the sides. I touched it lightly and sunshine winced.

"Did you put any kind of liquid on the wound?"

"I just dabbed some betadine using cotton. Is it crucial?" Elean joined us. The atmosphere for me and Jake became tense and I have no idea if Elean could feel it or not.

"Well, I can't say that for sure but the wound seems to be minor. How long has this happened? Does she take any kind of medication?"

"No medications of any sort. She has been healthy for all her life just this" Jake looked at me, concern visible in his eyes. Can this be true? I find it hard to believe.

"Well, the advice I can offer is try to continue dabbing some of that betadine and see if the wound heals. Maybe a day or two but if not, it's time to visit the vet" I commented standing up.

"That seems reasonable" Elean nodded.

"Korra, wait" Jake called out pleadingly.

I raised an eyebrow but still trying to look kind as I could for Elean's sake. Seriously, I need to warn her that Jake's up to no good.

"For the trouble we caused, please, join us for dinner"

Oh how Jake enjoys torturing me every second, is that the best you got? "I would love to but Will is waiting for me at home" I apologized not so sincerely to him.

"I'll use the bathroom real quick" Elean hurriedly went off leaving me and Jake alone.

"What the hell are you playing at? Trying to show some kindness and offering a meal. I didn't even know you had that in that thick headed skin of yours. What is she to you? Another victim of your abusive ways? Did you torture her like what you did to me? Did you command her of the things you wanted just to please yourself? Change my ass I think you meant changed chick" I crossed my arms angrily on my chest my heart rate rising. Deep breaths Korra, deep breaths.

He held his hands up in mock surrender "I didn't know that Elean was your doctor all right? I may have stalked you but not in the extreme way. I still have a life and a future to plan with her. I just knew the moment you faced me. Still, quite a coincidence don't you see? I think the universe wants us back together" he winked.

"There's no way in hell I'm coming back to you! Leave Elean immediately! You are a son of a bitch with no goodness within and you know that. You're just gonna use her to get closer to me and I won't let that happen"

"Oh? I didn't think about that but since you suggested it, might as well give it a try"

"You fuc-"

"Hey, everything all right? Shall I take you home?" Elean came back carrying a small basket. "This is for you, since you can't join us. A little thank you and sorry gift" she smiled.

"Please. Let's go. It's was nice knowing you Jake" I narrowed my eyes at him and headed out the gate.

'Likewise, Korra"

As we were on the highway, Elean was humming a song that I didn't identify, I think it's time for a little interview.

"Where did you meet Jake?" I asked as casually as I could avoiding suspicion.

"We met on a blind date actually. My friend wanted me to go for "a change in my schedule" as she quoted and she hooked him. That date went on well and I guess Jake wanted something more. I still had trust issues but I tried to give him a chance. He is very sweet and caring. Always texts me to eat and be safe. I don't plan to have a family with him, I guess I just wanted someone to look after me. All those years on my own was a bit lonely and sometimes I got jealous when my friends would have double dates. Work kept me busy but after my schedule, going home was a little sad and lonely"

I felt sad for Elean, even guilty. How would she react if her current boyfriend once dated a close patient? How awkward would that be? I bit my lip preventing myself to say something I'll regret. "I know I just met him but I think you should be careful" I chose my words cautiously.

I could see the frown on the side of her face "What do you mean? Do you know Jake?"

"No. Just a hunch, something like a feeling in the pit of my stomach" I lied through gritted teeth.

"He hasn't done anything as far as we dated and he never threatened me or anything of some sort but don't worry, I'll always watch my back"

Nothing yet I told myself lowering further in the passenger seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo