The Mistake

Chapter XXII -Daddy's Girl-

Will was standing in the doorway, holding a single red rose. He dressed a bit formally but seeing him was all that I needed. I immediately ran into his arms embracing him, inhaling in his cologne feeling his bodily form against mine. Will hugged me tighter his head on my hair burrowing further.

"I missed you" I mumbled in his chest.

"I missed you too and I am truly sorry I left you all on your own" he held back and looked into my eyes intensely.

I shook my head "No, it should not be you whose apologizing, it should be me. I understood why you had to leave, you don't just receive a news like that in any day and expect to absorb it all"

Will chuckled "Yeah, you don't. Anyway, how have you been? Can I see her or him?"

I smiled "It's a her. C'mon let's go inside"

Will's eyes widened, excitement drawn on his face. I gestured for him to follow me. My mom turned around smiling, when her eyes landed on Will she protectively covered Kate looking nervous.

"It's all right mom, Will and I had made amends. He wants to hold her" I cooed reassuringly.

"I do admire a man whose able to face his problems head on. I'm glad you're here Will it's been a while since I saw you"

"Nice to see you too Mrs. Bree, you look well" Will gave her a kiss on the forehead. Then he looked at Kate with admiration, my mom gently placed her on his arms guiding him on where to hold and how to position safely. Will looked frightened but determined. I smiled adoringly thinking to myself could anything be more perfect to look at? The door opened making me jump

"Hey bitch did you- oh my, I'm sorry I didn't know there was a family reunion" Sofia flushed embarrassed looking at Will and then me.

I laughed lightly "Will you know Sofia the one I told you about and Sofia this is Will, my. . ."

"Husband" Will finished for me.

I never thought about that since we're not yet married but him referring to me like that kinda puts a ring on it. I smiled innocently.

"Oh" was all that Sofia said but that word hid a lot of meaning and is expressed differently according to the situation.

"What was it that you said before? Jaw dropingly gorgeous?" I teased. Will looked at me questioningly.

"You look very handsome and perfect for my dear Korra" Sofia smiled at him and looked at me "Don't you start now or imma kick you under. Hello Mrs. Bree nice to see you always, you look lovely today"

"You never run out of compliments now do you my dear? Do you mind helping me stir something up in the kitchen? Let's give these lovebirds some privacy" my mom winked and dragged Sofia out of the room.

I chuckled and faced Will again "You look like a natural, mind if I take a pic?"

He shrugged nonchalantly inching his face closer to Kate, I took a shot and inched closer to him.

"How was the labor? I bet it was pretty intense?"

"It was the most painful experience I've ever tried in my life and there is no way I'm doing it again" I shuddered.

Will gave me a puppy dog look and I rolled my eyes "All right, maybe I'll think about it but don't get your hopes up. I do love my daughter to death but the experience gave me one hell of a ride"

Will smiled kissing my cheek "She looks so peaceful and so beautiful like her mom. How can this tiny thing turn into something so big later on? Mother nature truly is amazing"

"You tell me. Are you ready for a lot of sleepless nights? I haven't been on one the moment she arrived. Wakes up the middle of the night and then another at around 2am" I sighed tiredly.

"Well, you're doing a great job and I couldn't be more happier. Of course, bring it on!"

We were silent for a moment lost in our thoughts or as for me, sleep deprived. Will's eyes clouded with worry.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Are you seeing Jake now?" he looked at me face unreadable.

I frowned "No. I never want to see him but he keeps popping at places where I least expect him to"

"Was there a time he tried to hurt you? Because I swear to god if he touched a single strand of hair I'm-"

I interrupted him with a kiss on the lips "No. He didn't, he never will because I won't let him get near you or Kate"

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" Will raised his eyebrows.

"I beat you to it so deal with it"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Cuties! Please recommend and subscribe if you enjoyed reading. Share your thoughts on the comments section in this chapter. It helps me improve and motivates me to write more.

Thank you! Stay Safe :)
xoxo