The Hallowed Ball (Concept)

The Hallowed Ball. An important event for any bachelor wizard or witch. A yearly ball where they dance with other single people of their kind, faces masked and names concealed as they sought their eternal partner.
Gwen has attended the Hallowed Ball since she was eighteen years old. Once, it gave her a fluttering heart and anxious stomach at the thought that her future husband could be there, waiting. Now, twenty-six and still single, she now dreads the annual Ball and its tedium and meager suitors.
But this year was different. This year she found him. A mysterious man who's future spread out before her, warm and bright, tangled with her own. A man who quickened her pulse and who's magic breathed with hers.
And then she discovered who he really was; Lothario, disgraced wizard, dabbler of dark magic, manipulation and black mail, and rumoured devourer of living souls.
With no way out of the Hallowed Ball's courtship and a bizarre string of murders beginning to pop up around the city, murders pointing to Lothario, Gwen is beginning to wish she hadn't gone to the Ball at all.

This is one of four pitches. Once my current live story is completed, I'll see which pitch has the most votes and reads and choose that story to be written next. So if you're interested, let me know.