Here We Go Again

Chapter 3

“WELL, IT’S SIMPLE MISS ANDRA. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO STOP THE LOOP IS PREVENT CLASS 1-A AND THEIR SENSEI FROM DYING!”

“What?! Class 1-A from U.A?! THE U.A?! Wait, they die today?! How?! In what way is this simple?!”

“YES, MISS ANDRA. CLASS 1-A FROM ‘THE U.A’ WILL DIE AT 4:00 PM TODAY. WHILE THEY WERE ABOUT TO START THEIR RESCUE TRAINING IN THE UNFORESEEN SIMULATION JOINT, THEY WERE AMBUSHED BY THE ‘LEAGUE OF VILLAINS’ AS THEY CALLED THEMSELVES. THEY WERE ACCOMPANIED BY MANY VILLAINS. UNFORTUNATELY, CLASS 1-A WAS OUTNUMBERED AND THEY WERE UNABLE TO FEND THEM OFF.”

“Don’t get me wrong, that’s sad and all, but how do you expect me, a quirkless 14-year-old girl, to save a bunch of hero students and their teacher, who is a professional hero might I add, from villains that even they weren’t able to defeat?”

“I AM AWARE MISS ANDRA THAT IT SOUNDS BAD, BUT THAT IS WHY I AM HERE TO HELP YOU OUT!”

“Go on...”

“WHILE I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DIRECTLY INTERFERE WITH HUMAN AFFAIRS, I CAN HELP TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. I WILL GIVE YOU THE POWER TO SEE A PERSON’S INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN YOU LOOK AT A PERSON AND SAY THE WORD ‘SEE’ IN YOUR MIND, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEIR NAME, QUIRK, WEAKNESSES, STRENGTHS, AND DATE OF BIRTH.”

”So essentially, you’re giving me a quirk? That’s great, but I’m not sure that’s enough to defeat a bunch of villains.”

“I’M SORRY MISS ANDRA, I WOULD DO MORE IF I COULD, BUT I’M AFRAID I AM UNABLE TO. THE BEST I CAN DO IS TELL YOU WHERE AND WHEN THE ATTACK HAPPENS, BUT I’M SURE THAT YOU’LL BE ABLE TO SAVE THEM!”

“Ok, let’s say I do this, and I succeed, what will happen to the quirk you’re giving to me after all of this? Oh, and why are these kids and their teacher so important?”

“AFTER YOU SUCCEED IN SAVING CLASS 1-A AND THEIR TEACHER, WHICH YOU WILL SUCCEED, I WILL TAKE THE QUIRK BACK SINCE I CAN’T LEAVE IT HERE WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE. THE ONLY REASON I’M ALLOWED TO GIVE IT TO YOU RIGHT NOW IS THAT THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. NOW TO ANSWER YOUR SECOND QUESTION, CLASS 1-A AND THEIR TEACHER ARE IMPORTANT IS BECAUSE THEY WILL DO MANY GREAT THINGS AND SAVE MANY PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE, IF THEY DIE TODAY, A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL DIE.”

“Ok, I understand, I’ll do it. Though, I’m not sure I’ll be able to succeed.” Andra says reluctantly.

“WONDERFUL MISS ANDRA! NOW, TO RECEIVE THE QUIRK I NEED YOU TO CLOSE YOUR EYES. YOU MAY FEEL A SLIGHT TINGLE BY THE WAY.”

“Okay,” she says while closing her eyes.

When Andra closed her eyes, Kairos placed their hand on her forehead and started speaking in a language that Andra didn’t recognize.

κ̴̡̟̭̗̺̦̬̹̹͉̠͊̆̊̓̎̆͌̈̊͋́̑̋͗͝͝ο̷̹̮̩͚̮͖̖̥̳̯͎̯̇͒̑̎̑̐̀́λ̶͉̦͌͝ο̸̛͎̗̲͎̖̜̠͍̠͇͙͓͍̐̔͗͛̀̊̋̿̋̂̔͘͜ὺ̴̢̥̻̣̞̺̗̻͖̝̝̹͍̺͂̄̄͊̄̽͊͑̔̏̅̃̚̚͜͠͠θ̸̢̢̩̪̹̬̬͉̬̘̖̗͍̼̗̼̿̽͋̃ͅε̶̢̡͓̗̰̟̞̮̣̳̹͎̹͚͂̈͋͐̊͜͝ί̴̛̯͓͚͕̗̹̦̎͛̍̆́̅͊͋̅̈̾͘͘͜ͅτ̷̟̖̪͎͍̳̬͙͚̉͌̃̐̿́̆̈́́͊̐͘ε̸̨̤̰̺̼͍̯̞̠̤̣̫̠̬̥͐̓̀͛̽̔̍͋̏̾̊͊̌͝ ̵̟̽̕ν̶̨̪̲͈͙̻͚̾̍̍͗̒̾͐͗͑̔̚͠͠α̵̩̲̩̻͎͊̑̈́́ ̷̛̣͕͕̪̖̩̦̬̘̗̰̝̀̐̓̈ͅε̴̢͍̯͎̰̟͈̤͉̬͔̫͊ί̵̗̗͖̀̇̈͂̓̍̊̊́̊̐σ̸̨̨̧̞̞̜̼̫͕̤̝̜̹̝̫̠͂̈́͑͛̕̚͘͜τ̶̢̛͔̥͍̟̱̫̯͕͈̪͈̫̀̑̂̓́́̃̅̈́͛̋̅̔ε̵̣̠͖͉͒́͗̀̈́͋̕͝ ̶̩̺̿́̅̂έ̵̢̨̺̬̼̬͓̺̘͕͙͓͎͕̖̣̐̄̀̋̍̈ξ̴̡̨̲̫̘͉̲̳̲̬̤̯͍͎̭̔̍̉͌̓̂͂̽́̀̅̂̀͂υ̴̧̢̺̦͉͌̌̈́π̵̡̼̹̪̯̋̐̓̐͠ν̴̧̩̦̳̲̳̰̜̝̜̪͒͌͝ο̶̢̧̳̤̤͚̗̮̟̊̆̄̈̃̇̎́̚ι̶̧̡̝͚̥̤͇̰̝̠̪̙̜͐̓ͅ!̷͓̠͇͎̖̙̗̠̩̰͈̭͑̿̄̉̓͆̇͗̀̌͆͛̆̿͝͠͝ͅ”̴̡̡̡̨̱̞̳̗͉͂͘ ̷͎̳̦̟̆̅̄́̊͗̊͌͗̇͠

Kairos chanted with their eyes closed.

When Kairos finished, Andra’s body began to glow. She felt a slight tingle just as Kairos had said, but it felt really… comforting. After a few seconds, Andra opened her eyes.

“Is it over?” She asked.

“YES, IT IS DONE. TRY LOOKING AT A RANDOM PERSON WHILE SAYING THE WORD ‘SEE’ IN YOUR HEAD AND TELL ME IF IT WORKS.”

Andra looked at a random person passing by.

'See' Andra thought while looking at the person.

Name: Asahi Suzuki
Quirk: Barrier. (The barrier allows the user to create a dome-shaped telekinetic barrier around him.)
Weaknesses: It is hard for the user to breathe while the barrier is up
Strengths: The owner of this power can control the barrier area.
Date Of Birth: January 2nd, 2117

“Wow, that is so cool!” Andra screams while jumping up and down.

“GOOD, IT WORKS. NOW MISS ANDRA, I’M AFRAID I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW. ARE YOU READY TO START YOUR ASSIGNMENT?”

“Yes, I’m ready.” Andra shakily says her excitement dwindling.

“GOODBYE MISS ANDRA, GOOD LUCK! I KNOW YOU’LL DO GREAT!” Kairos says while disappearing.

“Well, let’s get started!”

Andra decides to go back home to do some research since her mom is at work.

“Wait, Kairos never told me where the attack is happening! Ughhh!” Andra says while opening her bedroom door.

When Andra walks in, she notices another envelope sitting on her table.

“That must say where the attack is!”

Andra opens the letter, and it says:

Dear Andra Miller,
I’m afraid that in my haste to leave I forgot to tell you where the villain attack will happen. The attack will take place at the Unforeseen Simulation Joint as you know. The USJ is located at ****** ****** ************ ********* **** *****, Japan. Good luck!
Your Friend,
Kairos

‘Okay, let’s do some research before I do anything important.’ Andra thinks to herself while sitting down at her computer.

Andra then spends the next few hours searching the internet for anything about an attack on class 1-A. Unfortunately, she does not find anything.

When she checks the time, she notices it is 3:59 pm.

“Oh shoot! I forgot to ask if I have to die at 4:00 pm for the day to restart. Maybe I won’t this time since I’m inside-“

Andra suddenly gasps and falls to the floor while clutching at her chest.

“I guess not.” Andra thinks bitterly to herself while clutching at her chest on her bedroom floor.

Andra Miller died on April 14th at 4:00 pm after having a heart attack.