So to Hell with Good Intentions

Don't say it's unholy If I let you come hold me

FWD 2 Months

“Where are you and when are you coming home?” Lydia questions me. “Your boy is looking mad pathetic right now.” No sooner does she say this, she sends me a picture of Spencer pouting. This causes me to laugh, earning a glare from this other makeup artist in front of me.

“I’m currently in a conference hall for some horror movie convention in Las Vegas.” I answer her first question. “I’m coming home tomorrow, don’t worry. The psychopath known as Spencer Charnas will be back to his normal self by tomorrow night.”

“How’s the convention going? Having fun? Meeting interesting people?”

“I met a few actors from B-movies that I liked.” I tell her, “Other than that, it’s not that fun. But this next panel me and another girl are being interviewed by two mysterious actors; I don't know who they are yet, which is kinda exciting.”

“Any certain actors you’d like to meet?”

“Matthew Lillard and Skeet Ulrich.” I reply. “I’ve always had the biggest crushes on them since watching Scream.”

“OoOoO, does Spencer know?”

“Yes, Spencer knows of my crushes. He makes fun of me every time we watch Scream.” I chuckle just as one of the security guards walks in with two men behind them. Both of them are wearing baseball hats but you can clearly see their faces; Skeet Ulrich and Matthew Lillard.. “Um, Lydia. You may have to tell Spencer that there is a chance I have to use up one or two of my hall passes.”

“Why? Who the hell is there?”

“My favorite murderers of all time.” I quickly hang up the phone before walking over to the two men. “Hi, I’m about to be a walking cliche but; I’m October Valentine and I’m a huge fan of you guys. I seriously can’t believe I’m standing in front of my two favorite characters in the Scream franchise.” Both just laugh and smile and give me and the other girl a hug. I feel my phone vibrate in my hand and look down to see a text from Spencer:

Patrick Bateman: Pics or it didn’t happen =]

“So who is Patrick Bateman?” Matthew questions with a smile. “And what is he asking for pictures of.”

“It’s my fanboy of a boyfriend.” I laugh. “He’s a huge Scream fan and he apparently doesn’t believe me that I get to talk to you guys. So he’s asking for pictures.”

“Why is his contact name Patrick Bateman?” Skeet asks. “Isn’t that like a huge walking red flag?”

“I’m not fully convinced my boyfriend isn’t a walking red flag.” I joke. “He’s a horror movie fanatic and it’s been the same even when we were just friends. Didn’t have the heart to change it.”

“How about we take a picture then get on with the interview?” Matthew suggested.

“You just made me and my boyfriend the happiest people alive.” I smile before taking a selfie with myself wedged between two gorgeous men in an attempt to make my boyfriend jealous.

**

I’m sitting in my hotel room going over contracts in my emails for upcoming projects when my Facetime started ringing. Answering it, Spencer’s face pops up on the screen. He looks tired.

“Hey baby, you okay?” I ask him. “You look exhausted.”

“Making music videos without you sucks.” He whines. “The shooting is so long and I miss you.”

“You’re sounding pretty whiny, Charnas.” I smile. “I’m sorry I had to do this last minute convention thing. Trust me, I would rather be with you doing the music video for Funeral Derangements.”

“How was the interview with Skeet and Matthew?” He asks. “I’m jealous of the picture by the way. Not sure I’m jealous of you or them; most likely them.” I bite my lower lip, trying not to smile like an idiot.

“It was a lot of fun.” I tell him. “The other girl was so fucking boring though. She was trying to be so professional while the rest of us were having fun; like we should be doing. We aren’t currently working, we don’t have to be ON all the time; you know?”

“Are you ever truly “ON”? He smirks. “Remember I’ve worked with you for how many years?”

“But you’ve never seen me on the set of a movie or a tv show.” I point out. “Working for Ice Nine Kills is a lot different. I don’t have to be professional 100% of the time. I won’t feel bad for bitching at you or Joe for fidgeting too much or Ricky eating or something stupid like that. You guys are doing this to have fun as well.”

“So was Lydia correct? Are you coming home tomorrow?”

“Why do you miss me, Charnas?” I smirk.

“Thought that was obvious.” He laughs. “Me and Voorhees miss you.” He moves his laptop to show the German Shepherd Mix sleeping on his lap. “I think he finally loves me more than Ricky; which annoys Ricky so much right now.”

“I’ll be home tomorrow to cuddle with the two of you.” I assure him. “I'll be on the first flight home after my last two panels, I promise. I miss both of you so much. I can’t wait til we get to move into our new place. Living in separate apartments is getting old and fast.”

“Trying sleeping by yourself knowing your girlfriend is hundreds of miles away. That sucks.”

“Eventually you’re gonna have to go on tour and I’m not gonna be able to go with you.” I remind him.

He grimaces. “Don’t remind me.”

“Hey, I’ve got to go. I’ve got an early start tomorrow.” I tell him. “I’ll text you as soon as I wake up and call you as soon as my last panel ends, okay?”

He gives me a dramatic sigh. “I guess!” I laugh at his dramatics. “I love you, Toby.”

“I love you too, Spence.” I smile before saying a quick goodbye and closing my laptop. I lean up right up against the headboard. He has total power to destroy my heart. I just pray he doesn’t. Because I love that boy more than life itself.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda a filler.

comment&subscribe?