Moonrise.

Walk the memories Just me and the lavender moon

Ricky’s POV

Spencer and I get off the plane after an almost 6 hour flight from Los Angeles to Boston. We walk through the airport, grab our luggage and get right in line to get our rental. The flight has been quiet. Spencer hasn’t said much about why we are currently in his home state. The only thing he told me was that our tour photographer canceled on us and we need a replacement.

“Are you going to tell me why us being in Boston has anything to do with our photographer canceling on us at the last second?” I ask Spencer once we get the keys to our rental car. “Are we meeting the replacement in Boston?”

“Not exactly.” He chuckles. “And we’re not exactly staying in Boston. We’re driving up to Salem.”

I feel my heart skip a beat. There is only one person he could be talking about. There is only one photographer that lives in Salem that we could possibly get at the last second. “We’re going to see Helena?”

“Exactly.” He smiles. “She’s the only really good photographer we can get at the last second. She’s just gonna need some convincing.”

“Has she ever said no to you?” I laugh. “You ask her to jump and she says how high. She’ll do it. She’s always done our photography in the past.”

“This was before she opened her Tattoo and Metaphysical studio.”

“She’s the boss, she can leave whenever she wants and work anywhere.”

“Keep that in mind when we need reasons for her to work for us again…” We get out to the garage and find our car. We get in and begin our 30 minute drive up to Salem.

**

We pull up to Tarot Tattoo and it’s still closed. Spencer kills the engine of the car and both of us get out of the vehicle. I pull my shades over my eyes as we walk towards the building. Spencer does some kind of secret knock and seconds later Helena walks to the door; glaring at Spencer a second before she opens the doors.

“What the fuck do you want fuckers?” She asks, leaning up against the doorframe, crossing her arm across her chest.

“Can’t a guy come to Salem to visit his oldest friend?” Spencer questions, pushing pass Helena to get into the building.

“What do you want, Charnas!?” She yells to him before turning towards me. “Hey Ricky!” She smiles before running up to me and hugging me. “It’s been awhile.” She says, pulling away from me. “Do you know what Spencer wants?”

“Yes, I do.” I smile at her. “It’s best if you hear it from him. Mainly because I’m terrified of you.”

“Smart boy.” She smirks before motioning me to walk into the build. I do as I’m told and she comes in behind me, locking the door behind her. “Again, I ask, what do you want Spencer? Why are you here in Salem and I know it’s not to visit me. Even if you do claim to love me like a sister.”

“What’s your schedule looking like for next year?” He asks her. She raises her eyebrow in question, urging Spencer to continue. “Our tour photographer canceled on us and we really need a replacement.”

“So you’re asking me to be the replacement?” There is an amused smirk dancing on her lips. “You know I have a whole ass business to run. How do you know I don’t have appointments for tattoos?”

“You only take walk-ins.” Spencer replies with a smirk. “And you can run the business side of the studio on a laptop. Come on, Helena.” Spencer walks over to Helena, taking her hand in his. “Come on, you know you want to come on tour with us. It’s been a bit since you took tour pictures for us. Please.”

“There is something so unsettling about seeing Spencer Charnas beg.” I joke, causing the two of them to look at me.

Helena shoots me a smirk before turning to her best friend. “Ricky has a point. It really is unsettling that you’re begging for this. Why do you really want me on tour with you guys?”

Spencer sighs in defeat. “Because I fucking miss you. Happy?”

“Extremely.” She laughs before kissing his cheek. “I was gonna say yes anyway. I just loved watching you beg.” Spencer shoots Helena a glare before smacking her hands out of his. Helena backs away from him, laughing. She turns to me. “So what bands are you guys touring with?”

“Motionless in White and Black Veil Brides.” I tell her, causing the brunette to squeal and jump up and down. “Happy?”

“Fuck yea, I get to see Justin!” She squeals even more. I can’t help feeling a pane of jealousy. I know they’re only friends but I’ve always been jealous of how close Helena was to the former Ice Nine Kills bassist. “This is gonna be a fun tour, I can’t wait.”

“We miss having you.” I tell her. She smiles before walking closer to me, putting her arms around me and pulling me into a side hug. “As much as we liked our last photographer, they weren’t you.”

“Flattery will get you everywhere, Armellino.” She says, squeezing me tighter. I smile before placing a kiss on the top of her head. “So when does touring start?”

“March 17th.” Spencer replies. “We’ll be in Arizona.”

I feel Helena tense up before pulling away from me. I down at her and she’s glaring at Spencer. “What was that Charnas? March 17th? As in a month from now!?” She picks up the closest thing to her, thankfully for Spencer it was a pillow, and throws it at him. “You’re unbelievable. I’ve got a month to plan things out and pack? Are you out of your fucking mind!?”

I can’t help but to laugh at the two. This is gonna be fun…
♠ ♠ ♠
I still love Spencer. I just went down a Ricky rabbit hole and here we are. Spencer is still my one true INK love.

comment&subscribe?