Moonrise.

Some things are meant to be

“Why is Chris making me go to brunch?” Haven whines, clearly hungover, as she pushes dark sunglasses over her eyes.

“Fuck if I know.” I scoff. “You guys are crashing Helena and Justin time. We’ve done this every tour we’ve been on together on. It started out as a way for me to get rid of Spencer for an hour or two.”

“I’m curious, why didn’t you ever hook up with Justin?” She asks. “You’re like super close and I’ve seen you guys flirt previously.”

“Friendly flirting.” I laugh. “And Justin is like a brother to me. It’s not that romantic type of flirting.”

“Like between you and Armellino?” She shoots a smirk at me, causing me to blush. “Please tell me something is gonna happen between you two. He was definitely into that makeout session; so were you.”

“He asked me out.” I tell her, smiling. “He’s planning it for when we have a day off.”

“It’s about damn time.” She chuckles. “Thank God for Nadia’s dare.”

“You know I could have easily picked any of the guys, right?”

“We all know you wouldn’t dare make out with Spencer. Chris wasn’t playing. You wouldn’t have kissed Patrick because he’s in a relationship with me. And we all know Joe wouldn’t be able to handle you.” She smiles, proudly. “So yea, you only had Ricky to makeout with.”

“Besides, I already made out with Patrick.” I shoot her a playful smirk.

“Run.” There is a playful tone behind that threatening word. But I still do as I’m told and run off to the Motionless in White’s bus. Just I get there, Chris and Justin are standing outside; waiting for us. I immediately run behind them, using them as human shields.

“Do I want to know?” Chris asks me as he watches his sister rush towards us.

“Mentioned you made out with Pat?” Justin questions.

“You know me all too well, my love.” I wrap my arms around Justin from behind, to give him a hug.

“You suck, Hells.” Haven yells, out of breath. “Making me run while I’m hung over.”

“Hungover, already?” Chris laughs. “It’s only ,what, the second day of the tour.”

“We played a drinking game last night.” I inform the protective older brother.

“And why aren’t you hungover?” He questions me. “You drink like a fish.”

“I pounded down water and tylenol before going to bed.” I inform him as I let go of Justin. “Years of drinking has taught me many things.”

“And you being drunk is the only reason why you finally did something that you should have done years ago.” Haven adds, smirking. The two rockstars look at her, expecting an elaboration. “She finally made out with Armellino.”

“About fucking time.” Justin laughs. “How did that happen?”

“Et tu, Brutus?” I roll my eyes. “Nadia dared me to makeout with someone of the opposite sex.”

“Of course she would add the opposite sex.” Justin chuckles. “If she didn’t you would have just made out with her.”

“You’ve made out with your best friend’s girl?” Chris questions. “Why?”

I shrug. “It confuses Spencer and that brings me great joy. It’s torture for him.”

“You two have an odd relationship.” He points out.

“You have no idea, Chris.” I smile. “Now come on, let’s get food. I’m in need of some diner food.” I link arms with Chris and Justin and force them away from their bus and towards the nearest diner.

**

Ricky’s POV

I’m sitting in the main area of the bus, editing a song when Spencer comes stumbling out of the bunk area; clearly hungover. I can’t help but to chuckle before he plops down next to me.

“You okay, dude?” I ask him as he lays down on the bench, curling up into a ball. “You look a little hungover there.”

“Fuck you.” He mutters as he pulls up over his head. “My head is pounding.”

“Maybe, you should have just done Helena’s dares instead of drinking instead.” I suggest, laughing, earning a pillow to the face. “Some of them weren’t even that bad.”

“I didn’t see you doing some of the dares, you were asked to do.” He counters me, looking at me from under the pillow. “It took Helena to make the first move.”

“Didn’t think giving Helena a lapdance would have been a smart move.” I roll my eyes.

“You’re right, if you did that we probably would have been able to hear the sound of her vagina closing up.” He laughs before sitting up. “Speaking of Helena, where is she?”

“Her and Haven when to brunch with Chris and Justin.” I tell him. “She's pissed that Chris and Haven are crashing brunch.”

“Why didn’t you go?” He asks. “Have you guys talked after last night?”

“Yes we talked and she asked me to go with her but I didn’t want to crash Helena and Justin time.” I reply. “I asked her out by the way.”

“It’s about fucking time.” He gets up off the bench to get a water from the fridge. He pounds it down before coming back to sit down. “What do you have planned?”

“Despite knowing her for how many years, I have no idea what she’d considered a good first date.” I let out a humorless chuckle. “Any ideas?”

“Well since you already know each other you can bypass first date talk so you don’t have to go to a quiet restaurant. Look up bars in the areas. Helena loves a good authentic Irish Pub.”

“Anything else?”

“Relax and have fun.” He laughs. “It’s not like you don’t know her.”

“I honestly think knowing her is why I’m so nervous.” I admit to him. “This is something I’ve thought about for years and now it’s finally happening. And here I am acting like a bitch.”

Spencer laughs. “Dude, you’ll be fine. Take her to a bar, an arcade; anything fun. Don’t do something boring like a movie.”

“Thanks for the advice, even though it feels weird talking to you about this.”

“She may be my best friend but so are you.” He tells me. “But don’t hurt her. Because I’ll stop being your friend really fast.”

“Don't worry, I have no plans on hurting her.” I assure him. “I wouldn’t dream of hurting her. You terrify me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

Ideas for the first date?