Moonrise.

I felt the fatal touch of a forbidden lover

Helena’s POV

Next morning, I’m the first one awake. I tip-toe out of the bunk area with my laptop and sit down at the table. I open up my laptop and start going through my text messages and emails, and start putting together a shopping list of items I need for the shoppe.

An hour into stocking items, I hear footsteps coming from the bunk area. Looking up, I see Ricky stumbling out looking tired from last night. I chuckle and this earns the attention of the guitarist. “Morning, starshine. The earth says hello.” He grunts a hello before grabbing a drink from the fridge.

“How are you so awake and chipper after a night of drinking?” Ricky asks before sitting down next to me. He leans on the table and buries his head in his arms, turning his head to look at me. “How are you this morning?”

“I’ve done way too much partying growing up.” I tell him. “I’ve got a tolerance. And are you asking me how I’m doing after making out with you this last night?” I ask, smirking at him. “Is this your subtle way of asking me if I regret it? Or if it was just one of those stupid things I do while drinking?”

“You mentioned something about this was something you should have done years ago.” He states. “I just want to know what you meant by that.”

I close my laptop and turn my body so I can solely focus on him. “I’ve had the biggest crush on you since you joined Ice Nine Kills.” I admit with a smile. “I never had a crush on any of the former members of INK or even any of Spencer’s other friends. So getting butterflies over the newest guitarist was kind of a shock. I thought I was keeping it hidden, but I guess not. Nadia has been picking at it the last day or so.”

“Both Nadia and Spencer have been onto me about asking you out.” Ricky chuckles. “Apparently I haven’t been so secret with my crush on you either. Spencer picked up on it. He told me to ask you out or he’d force my hand.”

“I think they were trying to force our hands last night during the game.” I laugh. “That’s the only reasoning behind our dares and truths.”

“Did you really have sex in a porta potty?” He asks. “With who?”

“Honestly?” I ask, earning a nod from him. “Yes and I honestly don’t remember who. It was 2016 and I was drunk and high most of that tour.” He laughs. “That doesn’t bother you, does it? Most guys hear Warped Tour stories and get freaked out or grossed out.”

“I mean, I’ve heard most of them already because they are always tied to Spencer’s stories.” He chuckles. “But I love hearing them. Those stories are who you are. And I’ve had feelings for you since I met you that first day. I just thought you were off limits. You’re like a sister to Spencer and I thought he wouldn’t want a bandmate and friend to ever pursue you.”

“We really need to stop using Spencer as an excuse.” I smile.

“Nadia told me that last night.” He sits up straight and takes a deep breath. “When we have a day off, will you go out with me?”

I lean over and peck his lips. “I’d love to; more than anything.” He smiles before leaning in and placing his lips on mine. The kiss was sweet and lasted longer than my quick little peck. He pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

“No more being idiots?” He asks.

“No more being idiots.” I repeat. My phone vibrates against the table, I turn it over and see a text message from Justin. “I’ve got to go get ready.”

“Ready for what?” Ricky asks me.

“Brunch date with Motionless in White.” I say getting up. “You’re more than welcome to come with me.”

“And crash your weekly brunch date with Justin?” Ricky smirks. “I remember you guys doing that early on. I’m good. Go on. It’ll give me time to plan our first date.” I smile before leaning down and kiss him.

“I’m glad Nadia dared me to make out with someone last night.”

“I’m glad you picked me over Joe.”

“Yea, I don’t go for overactive bass players.” I laugh. “Plus I’m sure Spencer would kill Joe.” Ricky laughs as I walk away to get ready for brunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Farewell II Flesh by Ice Nine Kills

comment&subscribe?