The American Nightmare

They can never break us down 'cause we're golden

Patrick’s POV

“She’s gonna kill you.” Ricky says over the phone as I get out of the Uber. “She’s expecting you to be at home relaxing, not on your way to Salem.”

“She’ll get over it.” I chuckle as I grab my bags and head towards Final Girls. I get closer and can hear the music blaring from the bar. It’s only 3 pm and they’re already blaring Ice Nine Kills. “Besides I’m sure she’ll love having someone drive with her to Buffalo.”

“Why doesn’t this girl like flying?”

“She’s like her brother, afraid of planes.”

“I hope there isn’t another pissing story behind that fear.” Ricky groans, laughing; remembering Spencer’s story from years ago.

“Who knows, maybe that story is the reason why she’s afraid.” I chuckle. “I’ll talk to you later, I’m about to head into the bar.”

We hang up and I walk inside. It’s kinda dead but it’s only 3pm. Nico notices me and smiles.”What’s up Galante?”

“Where’s Henley?”

“In the back doing some boss lady shit.” He chuckles. “Aren’t you supposed to be in Buffalo?”

“I decided to surprise Henley.” I reply, laughing as I drop my bags behind the bar. “I figured she’d love the company on the drive to Buffalo.”

“She doesn’t know you’re coming, does she?”

“Ricky thinks she’s gonna kill me.”

“Oh she is.” Nico laughs. “But she’s in the back office if you want to face your fate of death.”

“Call her out, I want to surprise her.” I smile.

“No, you want a witness.” Nico says before disappearing into the back.

Henley’s POV

“Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.” I mutter to myself as I stare at the pregnancy test in my hands. The positive pregnancy test in my hand. “This can’t be happening.”

As I’m panicking over the fact I’m pregnant, there is a knock on the door. I look up and see Nico there. “Hey there is a vendor wanting to talk to you about something.”

“Can it wait until I come back in a month?” I ask with an annoyed tone. “I still have a shit ton to do before I head to Buffalo.”

“He says it can’t wait.”

I toss the test in the basket under my desk before getting up and heading out to the bar to talk to this vendor. In the back of my head, I’m panicking trying to figure out how I’m supposed to do everything I have planned while being pregnant. But my mind instantly calms down the moment I look into his brown eyes.

“Patrick!” I squeal before running up to him and jumping into his arms. “What are you doing here?” I ask, wrapping my legs around his waist. “I thought you were heading straight home after the tour ended.”

“I wanted to see you.” He smiles before kissing me gently, his hands holding onto my ass. “And I figured you’d want company on the drive up to Buffalo.”

“You're perfect.” I sigh happily before kissing him again. Then suddenly me being pregnant hits again… I’ve got to tell him. “Come on, let’s head to the office. I’ve got a few things that I need to finish up.” He carries me to the office and sets me down on my chair before sitting in the chair at Nico’s desk as I go back to work.

“You okay?” He asks, breaking the silence. “You’re not mad that I came to Salem, right? Ricky thinks you’d kill me over this.”

“No, it’s nothing like that.” I assure him before sighing. “It’s just that I got some unexpected news and I have no idea how to process it.”

“Babe, what’s wrong?” He looks concerned.

I sigh before biting my lower lip. “What are your thoughts on kids?”

“In general or…”

I let out another sigh. “Patrick, I’m pregnant.” Patrick just stares at me in disbelief. “Please say something.”

“You’re…you’re…”

“Pregnant? Yes we established that.” I sigh. “I’m sorry, I’m a little stressed out.”

“You’re having a baby.” He smiles. “We’re having a baby.”

“I don’t know whether to be happy about this or sad.”

“Why would you be sad?”

“Because this baby is a Charnas, they’re already fucked in the head from birth.”

“You know this baby is gonna be part Galante, right?”

“Yes but you and I both know the Charnas half is gonna come out strong.” I chuckle before suddenly stopping when the realization hit me. “Holy fuck, I’m gonna give birth to a mini Spencer.”

“The baby might take after you.” Patrick states, offering comfort.

“Babe, I’m the female version of Spencer. There is no good outcome of this.” I chuckle as he pulls me into his lap. “I can’t believe we’re even having his discussion right now. We haven’t even hit the one year mark in our relationship. We live in two different states. You’re always on tour and…”

“And what?’

“I had plans on opening a brewery. Possibly in Buffalo.”

“When were you gonna tell me this?” He smiles, pulling me closer to him.

“I planned on telling you when I came to Buffalo this weekend.” I answer. “I already have building tours lined up. And my friend who's a brewmaster is willing to move up there to help out.”

“You’re really serious about us, aren’t you?” He smirks.

“Yes, now shut up.” I playfully glare at him. “All that might have to be put on hold. I can’t exactly be in a construction zone while pregnant.”

“That’s why you put other people in charge.” He chuckles. “You have such control issues sometimes.”

“I thought you liked it when I’m in control.” I smirk at him.

“Keep it in your pants, Charnas.” He jokes.

“If you kept it in yours we wouldn’t currently be in the situation we’re in now.”

“Have you ever tried to say no to you?” He smirks. “It’s impossible..” I snuggle against him. “What’s on your mind, baby?”

“Other than me giving birth to a mini version of my brother?”

“Yes.”

I look up at him and smile. “I’ve never been happier. If this was any other guy, I would be extremely terrified but with you? It feels…right.”

“Spencer, isn’t gonna kill me over this…right?”

“He better not. You’re my baby daddy now…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?