The American Nightmare

I can see you with the lights down low

Henley’s POV

A groan escapes my lips as soon as another Ice Nine Kills song starts playing. The boys look at me. “Dudes, I love you guys but I’m so fucking sick of your band.”

“You’re the boss, don’t you have access to what music the jukebox plays?” Dan questions. “Just put a different playlist up or something; something that doesn’t involve our music.”

“See Dan this is why I don’t like you,” I laugh, clearly joking with him. “You think too logically for me. These guys,” I say pointing to Ricky, Joe and Patrick, “they let me whine. You? You give me solutions when I sometimes just want to whine.”

“And what does Spencer do?” Dan questions.

“Give me fucking hell.” I reply as I walk over to the cash register where my phone is. I open up the jukebox app and quickly change the playlist to my witchy playlist. It’s not a popular playlist, but it gives me a break from listening to Ice Nine Kills for a bit. Soon, my brother’s voice is replaced with Stevie Nicks and everyone in the pub starts singing along to Edge of Seventeen.

“Better?” Patrick asks, smirking, as I come back to the bar.

“So much better.” I reply, laughing. “I’ll take Stevie Nicks over my brother any day.”

“Love you too, Hen.” Spencer snorts. “I’m so glad my sister supports my band.”

“Don’t go dramatic on me now Spencer.” I narrow my eyes on him. “You try listening to yourself from 10am to 1am. And that's just here. My neighbor is a huge fan and blasts you guys too. I. Can’t. Escape. You.”

“Now who’s being dramatic.” Ricky laughs. “Definitely can’t deny that you two are related. Both fucking drama queens.”

I turn to Spencer, “he called you a queen.” I shoot him a smirk.

“Whatever,” Spencer rolls his eyes. “Get me another drink, please?”

“Yes, pain in my fucking ass.” I roll my eyes before going to refill his drink.

“Hey, Henley!” Joe exclaims. “We have given you countless free merch from not only Ice Nine Kills but our other projects as well, when are we getting The Final Girls Pub merch?”

Nico stops and looks at me, “you seriously haven’t given them their shirts yet?”

“Do we have shirts?” Patrick asks, getting excited. “Yea, Hen; why don’t we have them?”

“You guys realize it’s still pretty fucking packed in here, right?” I motion around to the pub full of people. “I’ve been busy running a damn bar. I planned on giving them to you guys once we close. Don’t get your panties in a damn twist.” I chuckle.

“So what do they look like?” Spencer questions.

“They’re basically the shirts we are wearing.” I point to the shirt both myself and Nico are wearing. It’s Jason’s mask, with a machete going through the eye sockets. There is a lipstick mark on the mask. Above it, it says The Final Girls Pub. Under the mask it says, Surviving Horror Movies since 1974. On the back it has our last names and 666 under it.

“The only difference is, you guys don’t get 666 under your last names.” Nico informs them.

“You guys the roman numeral for 9.” I smile. “Because I’m one creative bitch.”

“Um, can we have that like now?” Joe questions, causing me to laugh.

“Yea, we all want those now.” Patrick agrees.

“Fine, I’ve got to go in the back and get a keg anyway.” I roll my eyes. “Galante, you’re coming with me.” I motion Patrick to follow me into the back to get the shirts and keg. He follows me without question.

Once we enter the back room, I close the door and I’m immediately pushed back up against the door and Patrick’s lips are crashing onto mine. Smiling into the kiss, my arms snake around Patrick’s neck and I deepen the kiss as I pull him closer to me. He pulls away enough so he can rest his forehead on mine.

“You have no idea how bad I’ve wanted to do that.” He smiles, causing me to smile. I swear that man’s smile can melt the coldest person’s heart in a second.

“You know you can do that once you tell my brother about us.” I remind him, kissing the tip of his nose. “As much as I love being your dirty little secret you keep from my brother; Spencer is gonna eventually find out. And it’ll be better if it comes directly from us and not another source”

“He’s going to kill me once he finds out.”

“He’s not going to kill you,” I reassure him.

“And why is that? Killing me will break his dearest sister’s heart?”

“No, he doesn’t want to break in a new drummer.” I joke, causing Patrick to pull completely away from me. “Seriously, Spence isn’t gonna kill you. And we can finally stop sneaking around; even if that is so fucking hot.”

“You’re a mess.” He laughs before giving me a quick kiss.

“You able to sneak out tonight?” I ask him, snaking my arms around his waist, pulling him back to me. “Which hotel are you guys staying at?”

“Hawthorne Hotel.” He replies. “And I should be able to sneak out, but sneaking back in might be difficult.”

“Did Spencer seriously book you guys rooms at one of the most haunted hotels in Salem?” I scoff. “He loves torturing you boys.”

“To make matters even better, he has me and Joe in room 325.”

“You poor babies. That room is fucking freaky. That and room 621.”

“You live in Salem, why are you staying in hotels here?”

“Drunk Ghost hunting, you should try it.” I laugh. “Do we have to go back out there?”

“Your brother will grow suspicious.” Patrick sighs, kissing my forehead. “We’ll figure out how to get some alone time this weekend, don’t worry.”

“We better.” I smirk before kissing him and quickly pulling away and pushing him away from me. “And you better wear this shirt, I want those boys jealous.” I grab the box that has the t-shirts in and throw Patrick his. “You’re gonna be the first, non-employee to wear a shirt for The Final Girls Pub. Feel special.” He chuckles before taking off his shirt and replacing it with the bar’s shirt. “Looking good, Galante.” I tell him. “Now grab the keg for Power to the Porter.”

“Putting me to work, huh?” He smirks. “So bossy.”

“Please, we all know how much you love how bossy I am.” I smirk. “Now come on, before Spencer starts to think something is up…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?