The American Nightmare

Your kiss is torture but killing me would be too easy

“Don’t you have a hotel you could be trashing?” I ask the men in front of me as I walk into MY apartment. They’re all lounged out in my living room with some horror movie coming from my movie projector. “You know you could be doing this same thing at our parents’ house.” I point out to Spencer as I throw my purse on the only open chair.

“So what plans do you lovely gentlemen have today?” I ask as I sit down between Ricky and Patrick. “Are you going to go play tourist today?”

“No without our favorite tour guide.” Ricky says, pulling me into his sides. “You actually live in Salem. Take us to the places only locals go.”

“No, because the locals will kill me.” I tell him, laughing. “But I’ll take you on a ghost haunt walk tonight.”

“You’re just as bad as your brother.” Joe shudders. “Why would you do that to us?”

“Joe, I thought you just didn’t like gore and violence,” I start. “I didn’t know you were a full blown bitch.” I smirk at him, challenging him. “Are you scared of some ghosties?” I coo. He glares at me before throwing a pillow at me; missing me but hitting Patrick instead. Patrick is about to pick up the pillow to throw it back but is stopped by my hand wrapping around his wrists. “Do it and die, Patrick.” Patrick smirks at me before tossing the pillow at Joe anyway. That smug bastard. He knows he’s gonna pay for that.

“So you have plans for us tonight but what about the rest of the afternoon?” Dan questions.

“Ask your fearless leader,” I yawn, pointing to Spencer. “I’m gonna kick you guys out of my apartment and take a nap since you lovely assholes woke me up rudely this morning. So get your asses up off my couches get the fuck out.”

“What time would you like us to come back?” Spencer asks, doing as he’s told. “And do you want me to book the tour?”

“I’ll book it.” I assure him. “Meet back here at 6:30; I’ll have the tour booked for 8. We can get a few drinks in us before the tour.”

“Is that a good idea?” Joe asks as Spencer escorts him out of my apartment.

“Apparently drunk ghost hunting is fun.” Patrick shoots me a grin as he’s the last one out of the room. He shoots me a look telling me he’ll try and sneak back sooner. I just smile before slamming the door shut behind him. I let out a sigh before going in and curling up in bed. It’s time for a nap.

**

Patrick’s POV

I somehow managed to get out of the hotel without anyone asking where I was going. I just texted everyone that I was gonna just gonna meet them at Henley. They assume I’m walking around but I’m really just going to Henley’s early. I haven’t seen this girl in a month, not since we started touring. Sometimes I wish we would just tell Spencer; I’m getting sick of keeping her a secret. I’m sick of lying about who has me smiling like an idiot at my phone.

I get to her apartment and walk in just like she told me. Once inside, I close the door and follow the sound of Mileage by HAWK. The music leads me to her bathroom. She’s already in her tight black skinny jeans but she’s only wearing a solid black bra as she does her makeup. She’s too focused on her makeup to even know I’m standing there. I lean up against the door frame and knock on it, gaining her attention.

“Hey beautiful.” I softly say. There is a blush forming on her cheeks before she puts down her makeup and walks over to me. Her arms snake around my neck and she pulls me down until our lips collide in such a sweet, longing kiss. My arms snake around her waist and I pull her closer to me, deepening the kiss as I do. My hands move from her waist and move south to her ass. A moan escapes her lips as I grab her ass, kneading it as we continue to kiss.

She pulls away, breathless. “Why does my brother and the rest of your bandmates have to come over?” She chuckles. “I just want you to myself.”

I sigh before pulling away from her. She just looks at me questioningly. “I think we should talk about us and whether or not we tell Spencer.”

“I agree.” She sighs. “I really want to tell Spencer. I’m sick of keeping you a secret.”

“I’m sick of keeping you a secret too.” I smile. “When do we tell him?”

“As soon as possible.” She replies. “I honestly don’t care about his reaction anymore. I mean he started dating Demi right before Justin left the band. So if he gets mad, that’ll make him a hypocrite.”

“Tonight?” I ask, earning a nod from her. “You’re brother scares the fuck out of me, you know that right.”

She laughs before she walks back to me and puts her arms around me. “Don’t worry, he may be crazy; but I’m crazier. I won’t let anything happen to you.”

“Was that supposed to be assuring?” I laugh before placing a quick kiss on her lips. “Why am I nervous about this?”

“Because you don’t want to be the inspiration for an Ice Nine Kills song?” She jokes. “Yes, you’re “meeting” your girlfriend’s brother. But you already know him! That should be less stressful.”

“Me knowing your brother is what’s making this stressful.” I inform her. “I know exactly how protective he can be.”

“He’s a teddy bear,” Henley rolls her eyes. “Telling him doesn’t have to happen tonight but I do want it to happen soon.”

“How about we do it tomorrow?” I suggest. “That way it doesn’t ruin our plans tonight.”

“Works for me.” She smiles. “Plus it gives us one more night of sneaking around.” I can’t help but to laugh. She’s something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?