The American Nightmare

Life's too short to stress out

Henley’s POV

“Babe, your phone is going off.” I hear Patrick yell from the bedroom. Rolling my eyes, I spit out the mouthwash in my mouth and head back into my bedroom. I pick up my phone off my dresser and groan. “Who is it? Spencer?”

“I wish.” I mutter before answering the video call and putting a smile on my face. “Hey Demi! How you doing, girl? How’s your brother?”

“Cut the shit, Charnas!” She sounds harsh but she has a smile on her face. “Why didn’t you tell me Patrick was the guy you hooked up with in Buffalo!? Why didn’t you tell me you guys have been dating for 9 fucking months.”

“Girl, I love you but you got a big ass mouth.” I reply, chuckling. “And with you dating my brother, we needed to keep this a secret.”

“I’m so happy for you.” Her smile grows bigger. “I’ve been wondering why you’ve been happier these last couple months. I’m glad you’re finally in a good relationship. We all know Patrick isn’t gonna hurt you so no bailing Spencer out of jail for killing someone.”

“We all joke way too much about Spencer killing someone.” Patrick laughs. “What does that say about us and him?”

“Not great things.” I laugh as I walk over to the bed.

“Should have known Pat was in your bed.” A smirk forms on Demi’s lips. “How as this weekend been?”

“I think I officially made Joe hate me.” I laugh. “Scared the fuck out of him last night and he doesn’t want to come near me.”

“Yea he told me you pushed him off a curb or something like that.” She laughs. “You two have such a weird friendship.”

“I have a weird friendship with everyone that has ever been in Ice Nine Kills.” I tell her. “Joe is no exception.”

“You’re friendship with my brother is still weird.” Demi agrees. “He says hi by the way. And he’s mad you didn’t tell him about you and Patrick too. I think he’s more hurt than I am.”

I roll my eyes. “Well he lost the right to know what’s going on in my life the moment he left me to go play for Motionless in White.”

“I love how you say he left you and not the band.” Patrick laughs. “Especially with your boyfriend sitting right next to you, in bed.”

“You know I love you more than Justin.” I lean over and peck his cheek. “Justin is my homie though. And you know the saying.”

“Aww you two are so fucking cute.” Demi squeals. “Okay I’m gonna leave you two since I know Patrick leaves early tomorrow. I’ll talk to you guys later.” With that she hangs up. I place my phone on the nightstand before turning and cuddling up against Patrick.

“What time do you have to leave me tomorrow?” I ask, nuzzling up against his chest. “And how long are you on the road for this time?”

He wraps his arms around me, pulling me even closer, and placing a kiss on the top of my head. “I have to be back at the hotel by 9am. And we’re gonna be on the road for 4 weeks.”

“Booo.” I whine before pulling away from him. I swing my right leg over his lap so I can straddle him. “How about when you guys get off the road, you text me and I make the drive to Buffalo so we can spend time with each other?” I suggest as I snake my arms around his waist.

His hands find themselves on my hips and a smile appears on his lips. “And how long would I have you for? A weekend? A week?”

“Until you get sick of me or I need to be the boss at the pub.” I snicker. “I definitely want more than just a weekend with you. I swear that’s what most of our relationship has been. Weekends here and there and a lot of video calls.”

“I love the idea of having you all to myself for a couple weeks.” His hands slide up and down my hips, sending a shiver up my spine. “Especially without your brother and the rest of the band.”

“So it’s settled, we get to play house when you get home from the tour!” I happily say before showering him with kisses…

**

The bar may be closed on Mondays but that doesn’t mean Nico and I don’t have office shit that needs to be done. Both of us are sitting at the bar, a beer in front of us, while we are both working on our own laptops with Weezer playing in the background.

“So how long is Ice Nine Kills on the road for?” Nico asks, not taking his eyes off his screen. “And when do I lose you for a weekend while you go visit Patrick in Buffalo?” He chuckles. “I seriously can’t believe I kept your relationship with him a secret. I can’t believe I didn’t realize something was up with all the trips you’ve done to Buffalo. “

“They’re on the road for a month.” I reply as I finish up my spending spreadsheet. “But it’s gonna be longer than a weekend this time.” I inform my best friend. “You’re gonna have to put your boss pants on and take over for at least a couple weeks. I’m finally taking a bit of a vacation.”

“A vacation booty call.” Nico laughs. “It’s about time you get out of Salem for more than a weekend. I know this bar is your baby but, you need to take a break from it. Plus this’ll be a chance to see how you and Patrick work when it comes to living with each other. Would you ever move to live with him? Or have him moved in with you?”

“I have no idea.” I chuckle. “Would you follow me to Buffalo if I move there?” I ask Nico. “We sell this place and open it up in Buffalo? Would you do it? Because I don’t think I’d be able to move without my right hand man.”

“The only place I’d follow you is to Los Angeles.” Nico laughs. “I’m not trading the cold and snow for more cold and even more snow.”

“Okay, fair.” I laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?