Girl at the Rock Show

'Cause I might do you wrong but it'll feel right

Oh Shit. Oh Shit. Oh Shit.

“Hey Galante, yea it’s been awhile.” I say, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. “I was wondering what you were up to since Affiance disbanded a couple years ago. Didn’t think you’d be with Ice Nine Kills.”

“Yea and I was wondering what you were up to when Cutthroat Vixen disbanded. Didn’t think you’d be in another band with Mick. You guys fought like cats and dogs.”

The small talk is making everyone awkward. I just smile before turning to Luna. “Hey let’s head to the bar. I could use a drink or two.” She nods her head before the two of us leave the VIP area; leaving Draven and Mick there with Ice Nine Kills.

“Ok what the fuck was that?” Luna questions. “You know Patrick Galante? Drummer of Affiance and now Ice Nine Kills?” She’s fangirling hard, you can tell. “Since when?”

“Since we hooked up in Detroit at Warped Tour 2016.” I reply. “I meant to keep in touch with him but things with Cutthroat Vixen were on the rocks. Mick was being forced into rehab. Life happened. And it was easier to just forget about that one hook up than to try and contact him after almost a year since the initial hook up.”

“Mick’s right. You have a drinking problem.” Luna scoffs.

“I was completely sober when Patrick and I hooked up.” I correct her. “And it wasn’t something I ever forgot about or regretted.”

“That good, huh?” She smirks. “Lennon you gotta give me the deets.”

I roll my eyes. “I don’t kiss and tell.” I shoot her a smirk. “But I can’t say if that’ll still be true after a few drinks..”

“Okay, let’s drink up then.” She flags down the bartender. “A couple shots of tequila for me and my girl here. I’m about to get major deets on a guy she hooked up with several years ago.” I just groan as the bartender shoots me a smirk before filling the order.

**

“How did you guys even meet?” Luna asks before downing one of her shots. “I know it was Warped Tour but how? Were you a fan of Affiance or was he a fan of Cutthroat Vixen? Did you manage to meet randomly on the grounds?”

“I caught Affiance’s set.” I reply. “I did like Affiance and I always thought their drummer was cute. Mick would make fun of my slight little crush. He said it was worse than my crush on Ricky Armellino.”

“Wow this tour is gonna suck for you huh?” She laughs. “Two guys you have the hots for on one tour.”

“Make that 3.” I laugh. “Chris Motionless is a babe too. But hey, I’ve already slept with one of them. Who knows what’ll happen on this tour?”

“Mick will probably kill you if you hook up with another one on this tour.”

“He can kiss my lily white ass, okay?” I roll my eyes. “I’m an adult and can do whatever the fuck I please. Or in this case, whoever the fuck I please. Me being a flirt isn’t gonna ruin our chances on this leg of the tour. It’s not like I’m a raging drunk or a druggie. I’m a flirt. There is no harm in flirting a touch.”

“Do your shots and let’s head back.” Luna orders. “It’s time to face your fears and look Pat in the face.”

I do as I’m told before ordering another drink then we head back to the VIP section. I’m so not looking forward to this.

**

“So how the hell do you and Patrick know each other?” Spencer asks as soon as Luna and I sit back down.

“She caught Affiance’s set and we started talking afterwards.” Patrick replies, casually shrugging.

“There’s definitely more to this.” Joe states, narrowing his eyes at the two of us. “You two are acting awkward around each other; something else happened.”

“We talked. I liked her. We never kept in contact at all.” Patrick explains to his bandmate.

“We fucked and I never called him back.” I explain further, earning an all knowing smirk from the bass player. “I meant to call back but life happened. More so Mick’s rehab stint and the disbanding of Cutthroat Vixen happened. It sucks and I feel bad.”

“Here’s to potentially a new start?” Patrick smirks, holding up his beer. I lean over and clink my glass with his.

“To new starts…” I toast, with a smile on my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?