Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

You always had a way of creeping in my life

Spencer’s POV

I’m sitting in the main area of the bus with Patrick when Ricky comes out of the bunk area with his laptop in hand. He just hung up with someone on video chat.

“Who were you secretly talking to?” Patrick asks the guitarist as he sits down next to us. “Was it Cole? Isn’t she in an actual relationship with George now?”

“It was Kodi.” He chuckles. “Whenever either of us can’t sleep we video chat with each other.” He explains to us. “We’ve been doing that since I joined the band.”

“Why doesn’t she do that with us?” I question him. “I’m her husband and he’s her future second husband.” I motion between Patrick and myself. He just shrugs. “What do you guys even talk about?”

“Anything, everything.” He replies. “She told me the story of how you two met. I can’t believe you have always been her white knight.”

“How did you guys meet?” Patrick questions. “I don’t think I know this story.”

“Someone wasn’t leaving her alone at a Mest concert so I had to protect the cute blonde.” I chuckle. “And she’s never let Cole forget that she’s the reason I’m in their lives. Apparently Cole was supposed to be there with her but had last minute plans. And I’ve been by her side since, much to Cole’s dismay…”

“It’s actually a lot more wholesome than expected.” Ricky chuckles.”I figured with both of your tastes it would be a horror convention or some shit.”

I just roll my eyes. “Ha Ha, funny. It’s not horror movies all the time.”

“No, just the last two albums.” Patrick chuckles. “But seriously, what do you and Kodi talk about? You’re not trying to steal our girl, are you?”

“Oddly enough, Kodi scares me more than Cole.” Ricky chuckles. “It’s the quiet ones you truly have to watch out for. Plus have you met Kodi’s best friend?” He shoots me a look. “He’s truly terrifying.”

“I mean Spencer and Cole are the reasons why I haven’t asked Kodi out.” Patrick admits. “Plus you know, me living in Buffalo.” I can’t help feeling the pain of jealousy. Like I knew they flirted and were touchy feely with each other. But hearing him admit he has some type of feelings for her? That’s something I don’t want to hear.

“I thought you and Kodi’s flirting was just a joke.” Ricky admits. “Didn’t think you had feelings for her.”

“It’s not like that.” Patrick chuckles. “Definitely not a joke. I really do care about her. Plus we sorta have a marriage pact. If we’re both 40 and still single we’re gonna get married to each other.”

“It looks like that’s not gonna happen.” Ricky laughs.

“And why is that?” I question him. “Because we’re married?”

“Well yea,” he replies laughing. “Isn't it like every girl’s dream to be married to their best friend?”

“We’re getting the marriage annulled once we’re back from Europe and she’s back from Georgia.” I remind them. “This marriage isn’t gonna last. Besides, we're friends. The marriage wouldn’t of work out anyway.”

“You’re upset that she wants to get the marriage annulled.” Patrick notes, a smirk on his lips. “You’re jealous that she talks to Ricky when she can’t sleep and you’re jealous that she and I have a marriage pact. When are you gonna fucking admit you are in love with your best friend?”

I remain quiet knowing damn well that fucker is right.

“How long?” Ricky questions causing me to sigh. “The sooner you admit it, the sooner we can help you win her over.”

“2014…”

“Even with Kodi’s horrible decision to dye her hair brown?” Patrick laughs, causing me to let out a chuckle as I roll my eyes

...2014

“Before I agree to anything, you need to tell me the idea of the music video.” Kodi demands as Justin pulls her into his lap. “What would I be doing in the music video?”

“You’ll be playing the leading lady.” I smile at her. “I know you’ve always wanted to be a video vixen.”

“Yea for Motley Crue, not Ice Nine Kills.” She playfully rolls her eyes. “Let me be all over Nikki Sixx not Justin Morrow.”

“Bitch.” Justin exclaims before playfully pushing Kodi off his lap and onto the floor. She flips him off before walking over to me and sitting on my lap. “How dare you replace me?”

“Become a lead singer or Nikki Sixx and then we’ll talk.” She smirks before wrapping her eyes around my shoulders. “But continue on, give me your vision. If I like it, I’ll say yes.” So I tell her our vision for the music video, right now to the ending of the video.

“Okay so let's get this straight. I’ll be playing your vampire/succubus girlfriend that kills other guys and in the end you’ll be the one that kills me?” She questions. “And don’t forget I’ll have to be all over you and kiss you? Why am I oddly okay with this?”

“Because you’re just as fucked up as Spencer?” Conor laughs. “You have everyone fooled with the sweet Southern accent. You’re just as demented as Spencer.”

“Bite me, drummer boy.” She smirks, flipping him off. “Only downside is having to actually kiss Spencer.”

I scoff. “Rude. I’ll have you know I’m an amazing kisser.”

Without warning, she pulls me closer and plants a kiss on my lips. Her lips move gently against mine. Just before I find myself deepening the kiss, she pulls away smirking. “I’d rate 7 out 10.” She gives me another peck before getting off my lap. “I’ll do the music video. I can’t say no to the vampire/succubus storyline.”

“Spencer didn’t even tell you the best part.” Justin states. “What are your thoughts on a rockabilly/50s theme?”

Kodi’s eyes twinkle with excitement. “Oh fuck yea!” I can’t help but to smile. She’s something else.


“Wow she’s always hated Ice Nine Kills.” Ricky laughs. “How the fuck did you guys remain friends if she hated your band?”

I just laugh. “She kept my ego in check and kept me humbled.”

“How weird was it to pretend to kill your best friend?” Patrick questions. “That scene looked like you truly wanted to kill her.”

“That took many takes and in the end she had to keep telling me shit that would annoy me.” I admit, laughing. “By the time we started filming again, I really did want to kill her.”

“So asking for a friend, how good of a kisser is Kodi?” Ricky asks.

“Pretty fucking good..” Both Patrick and I reply. The two of us share a look for laughing.

“Sorry dude, if I knew how you felt I would have backed off.”

“Naw, it’s my fault.” I tell him. “I kept my feelings for Kodi hidden, even from myself…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?