Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

My mama raised me in the durty south

A couple days later, I climb back on the bus after going with Cole to the nearest airport so she could catch a flight out to France. I made her swear on her life that she’ll be safe, especially since I won’t be able to track her because I have her phone.

“Kodiak!” Ricky yells as I climb back on the bus. “Where the hell have you been?”

“I took Cole to the airport; she’s going to her motherland.” I reply as Patrick pulls me into his lap.

“Why did Cole leave and not take any of her shit?” Ricky questions. “Her bag is still in my bunk.”

“And I’ll be taking that back with me when I leave to go back to L.A.”

“Is she going to be okay?”

“I don’t know.” I sigh.

“Why aren’t you more worried about this? I thought she was your best friend.” His tone is kinda accusatory and makes it seem like I’m a shitty friend.

“Look here, Richard…” I start, “I’ve known Cole longer than you. I’m always gonna worry about her. Especially when it comes to the matters of her family. She hasn’t exactly had it easy. But don’t sit here and act like you're the better friend, or wannabe fuck buddy. And don’t act as if I don’t care about her because I fucking do.. I don’t like the fact she gave me her phone and didn’t take any of her belongings other than her passport. But I know if there was ever a true emergency she’ll find a way to contact me or Ragan.”

“Calm down my little grizzly bear.” Patrick chuckles as he kisses my cheek. I turn my head and glare at him. “What the hell, Kodi?”

“A bear joke, really?” I roll my eyes. “I get it, my name is a type of bear. We can stop with the bear jokes.”

“Never my darling Yogi Bear.” Ricky smirks. “And I’m sorry. I guess I’m more worried about her than I’d like to admit.

“Bite me, Boo Boo.” I hiss before smiling. “And I forgive you…for now.”

“Hey we’re about to go LIVE on Ricky’s instagram, wanna stick around and join us. It’s a Q & A.” Patrick states, wrapping his arms around me.

“Sure why the hell not…”

**

As the boys are answering questions, I remain on Patrick’s lap while working on my next tattoo design. A tattoo I’m apparently placing on Spencer’s lower stomach. I’m starting to think he’s only kept me around because of the free tattoos I do for my friends and apparently husbands.

“Yo, Kodi!” Ricky yells, causing me to look up from my ipad. “The fans want to know if you could leave Spencer for any celebrity in the world, who would you lea—”

“Matthew Lillard.” I reply, not even allowing him to finish the question.

“Of course, you’re obsessed with Scream.” Patrick laughs.

“Stu Macher would be the logical crush.” I chuckle. “But it’s not why I have a crush on Matthew.”

“Don’t tell me…” Ricky narrows his eyes at her.

“Shaggy… yea.”

“YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON SHAGGY FROM SCOOBY-DOO!?” Patrick laughs.

“Just Matthew Lillard’s version of Shaggy and again the live action version of that. Tuxedo Mask is still the only cartoon character/anime characterI have a crush on.”

“I have so many questions about that.” Ricky laughs. “But that explains the rose and moon tattoo you have on our forearm.” Ricky starts laughing at the comments that must be coming through. “The fans are even questioning your taste in men.”

“Cole has been judging me immensely for my choice in men for years.”

“Does she like me?” Patrick questions me.

“I believe she likes anyone more than she likes Spencer.”

“Why does she hate Spencer so much?” Ricky questions.

“I like to believe it’s because she’s afraid that he’ll take her spot as reigning BFF.” I laugh. “But honestly only her and the old Gods above us know the true reason.”

“Okay if you weren’t married to Spencer which one of us would you be married to?” Ricky asks another question sent by a fan. “Please we all know the answer to that one.”

I don’t even give a verbal answer, I just kiss Patrick’s cheek before licking it.

“What the fuck, Kodi?” Patrick wipes his cheek. “Was that needed?”

“I licked it so it’s mine.” I smile.

“So did you lick Spencer?” Ricky smirks, causing me to roll my eyes.

“Like a lollipop.” I’m deadpan.

“I’m never having you on my LIVE again.” Ricky makes a face.

“You asked!”

“I didn’t expect you to reply.”

“You’ve known me for how many years now, Richard!?”

“Funny thing is…you’re sober.” Patrick laughs.

“I’m naturally weird, my love.” I laugh. “And that’s why you love me.”

**

“I heard the lollipop comment you made.” Spencer smirks as I crawl into the bunk with him. “Really, Kodi?

“You weren’t complaining this morning, now were ya?” I smirk as I cuddle against him.

“You okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Your best friend is flying back to France. In a couple months you’re about to face your family and have to reveal that their sweet innocent child is married. Also you have to leave your very sexy husband in a couple days.”

“If Cole was here she’d so roll her eyes at that last comment.” I giggle. “But I’m fine. It’s a lot to happen in a matter of weeks, but I’ll survive.”

“Are you worried?”

“About telling my family I’m married or whatever family issue Cole is currently dealing with?”

“Both.”

“Spence, I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“Kodiak, I’ll always worry about you.”

“Ew.” I make a face, causing Spencer to just stare at me. “What? It’s so fucking weird hearing you call me Kodiak.”

“It’s your fucking name!”

“Yes but you don’t get to call me that.” I laugh. “It’s either Kodi, babe, sweetheart, baby, honey….any other pet name you can think of. But you’re never allowed to call me by my government name ever again.”

“Such a fucking dork.” Spencer laughs before kissing the side of my head. “Do you have to go back to L.A?”

“Sadly yes.” I nuzzle against him. “You know you can always fly down to Georgia to visit me.”

“You sure that’ll be a good idea?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” I reply. “Besides there is already a song talking about how the devil went down to Georgia.”

“I hate you so much right now.”

“But I love you so fucking much, my dearest psychopath.” I chuckle. “Besides, don’t you want to see me in my natural habitat?”

“I’m actually terrified to see you go full Dirty South.” He laughs. “I don’t think I’ve heard your full southern accent since you were 19.”

“Miss the accent?”

“Oddly enough, yea.” He laughs. “Is it gonna come back after spending 3 months down there?”

“Most likely.” I giggle. “And who knows, I might pick up line dancing again.”

Spencer turns and looks down at me with a look of pure shock. “Line dancing?”

“Yes, line dancing.” I chuckle. “Baby, I’m from the south, I’m more country than I let on.”

“I’m gonna get stuck with Redneck Kodi, aren’t I?” He questions. “No more witchy, hippie Kodi?”

“I mean, you’ll eventually get her back. But yes, you’ll be stuck with Redneck Kodi for a bit.”

“I’m really not wanting you to go back to Georgia now. And it’s not because you’re working with your ex-boyfriend.”

“Just accept it, babe. Your wife is a country girl.. She’s y’allternative.” He just groans, causing me to laugh uncontrollably.

This is my life. And honestly, I couldn’t be happier. Hard to believe I got my happy ever after by getting black out drunk in Vegas…
♠ ♠ ♠
FINAL CHAPTER!

There will be a sequel. Not sure on the title just yet.