Jealous Orchard

19

I sat down at our usual table and looked at Brent and Adam sitting across from me.

"Today fucking blows," Brent said pushing his tray away from him.

"Tell me about it. Taylor spent the whole day saying Will this and Will that. She hasn't even seen what he looks like!" Adam complained.

I had to laugh at the fact his girlfriend had fallen under the Will spell.

"I thought Taylor had this lunch," Brent said eating some french fries.

"Yeah, but we decided to eat lunch separately," he mumbled avoiding my stares.

We all knew the reason why they weren't eating lunch together. Morgan had the same lunch. And for both Adam and Taylor the saying 'bros before hoes' applied to lunch.

I quickly scanned the room for Taylor, knowing that Morgan wouldn't be far behind her.

I couldn't find her anywhere and I sighed in defeat.

"So has anyone seen this Will kid?" Adam asked.

"Yeah he's in my English class," I mumbled.

"What's he look like?" A girl asked leaning into our conversation.

"Like a guy," I said laughing.

She scoffed as we all laughed.

"Oh, there he is!" a girl behind us exclaimed.

As if on cue every head in the lunch room turned to stare at the kid walking into the lunch room. I finally actually took a look at him. When it comes the guys I don't bother really looking at them, but when he walked in it's kind of hard not to stare. I wanted to see what the big deal was about this guy.

He clearly didn't dress to impress with his v neck white shirt, and plain jeans. He had a strange brown hair color that almost looked copper. He was tall, much taller than me. From the looks of it his eyes were blue. They were so dark though that they almost looked black from where I sat. But as I observed him I couldn't see what others saw in him. He looked just like any other kid going to school.

As I continued to stare I felt horrible for him. You could hear the silence wash over the crowd.

But my sudden sympathy for him vanished. He wasn't darting his eyes around more, but his eyes were locked ahead of him.

This was the first time I saw Morgan since school shopping.

Her normally straight hair was now in it's natural wave. Her tan legs were stretched out in front of her as she pushed her hair over her shoulder. She was oblivious to the fact everyone was staring at Will.

She had a wide smile, as she got up. She had a summer dress that was cut off just above her knees. The dress was a pale green and a white ribbon in her hair. She started to walk toward the lunch lines.

That's when Will continued to walk forward.

Someone scoffed behind me.

"Of course he goes for Morgan Lee. Now none of us have a chance," a girl said.

I had my fist clenched under the table as I watched her continue walking. She quickly turned around and she bummed into Will.

My stomach churned as she looked up at him and smiled.

By now everyone had gone back to talking since they already figured Morgan and Will would get together.

"Brendon!" Brent had kicked me under the table.

"Ow, you fucker," I grunted.

I rubbed my leg trying to numb the pain. I looked up at Brent and glared. I ignored the sympathetic look that Adam shot me from the side. I could feel my heart ache as I looked back at them. I couldn't help it. I watched him introduced himself and to her, and I watched her smile and take his hand. It felt as if my whole body was falling apart on the inside. The pain the started in my heart, quickly rushed to my arms and legs as I imagined them together. I couldn't help it. It was so clear that he liked her.

I knew everyone was staring at me. Clearly noticing I was pining for Morgan. I didn't care anymore. I watched them walk back to the table Morgan was sitting at and both of them sit down in a chair. Taylor looked up and our eyes connected. She gave a small sad smile but quickly went into their conversation the table was in. Morgan's back was to me and I was really irritated that I couldn't see her facial expressions.

"Brendon, you need to stop this," I heard Adam say next to me.

Only after he said that did I break my stare down from their table. I sighed and buried my head in my hands.

"What am I going to do!" I exclaimed.

A few girls at the table awed at the fact they realized I had feeling for Morgan.

"Brendon, forget her. She's just a girl. I know you're probably thinking that how could anyone forget Morgan Lee but this is high school. This isn't the real world. Just think of her not being real. You'll never know the real Morgan Lee unless you see her outside of high school," my friend Hilary said trying to calm me down.

I shook my head.

"I think I'm going to be sick."

I quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom.

___________________________________

"Do you want a ride home?"

I sat about twenty feet away from them. Her back toward me, and him clearly not knowing who the hell I was. I sent death glares his way as I waited for Adam to exit the school doors to drive me home.

"I'm actually going to walk home. But thanks, William."

She held her books in one arm as she moved her hair to one side. She was the only person I heard call him William.

"Okay. Have a nice walk, and thanks again for acting normal around me," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't sweat it, man."

She waved to him and he waved back before turning around and walking into the parking lot.

"Brendon! You'll never believe who's in my science class!"

Brent came storming out of the doors with Adam trailing behind him with a smile on his face.
I quickly tore my gaze from Morgan and stared at him.

"Chloe Winters! Can you believe it! But wait! It's so much better. We're lab partners!"

He continued to ramble on about his crush since third grade as Adam stood in front of me. He offered his hand to help me up and I took it. He had a cocky smile on his face as I stood in front of him.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Just the fact that you're not the only one being a stalker today."

"What are you talking about?" I asked grabbing my books off of the schools lawn.

"She's been watching today," he whispered.

I quickly looked over his shoulder in search of Morgan. I saw her just on the out skirts of the parking lot making her way to the sidewalk.

I smiled to myself a little bit. Maybe I wasn't losing Morgan like I thought I had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is short compared to the others. I know it's kind of depression with no Brendon and Morgan interaction, but don't worrrry! =)

Comment pleasee.