Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Team Asuma Jumps In!

Author's POV

"Sasuke! We did it,Sasuke,"Kimura huffed once Orochimaru was gone."I told ya—."

She turned around and drew in a sharp breath. A trace of fear showed across her face. Sakura was finally holding Naruto's head on her lap,her eyes closed.
She took out a bottle and towel and soaked it with water. She placed it over
Naruto's head.Sakura threw one to Yumi's shocked face.

"Here. Put this over Sasuke-kun's forehead.It'll help."

Yumi caught it. Kimura held her breath. "Naruto-kun! Sasuke-kun! What's happened?"

"Orochimaru. I don't understand. You're so tough. I can't believe you're still standing.
Normally,whoever gets bitten by him passes out or dies.The chances are one out of a million that you will survive and the chance of dying is well..."Yumi trailed off uncomfortably.

"Naruto didn't get bitten,did he?"

She shook her head. Kimura got on her knees and placed Sasukes head on her lap. She ran her fingers through his hair quietly as Yumi draped the wet cloth over his eyes.

A sound came from the bushes. Kimura's head flashed up and she threw out a shuriken.

"Hey! Watch it," an unfamiliar male voice drawled. "We're no harm.Don't attack!"

A girl with long blond hair stepped out with these two other guys. One slightly chubby holding a bag of chips and the other one with dark hair tied back in a high ponytail.Kimura growled."What do you want?"

"Chill it,Uchiha girl,"the blond girl said."We're here to help.I told you.I'm not gonna let Sakura beat me in anything.'Sides,we have the Heaven scroll not the Earth so we're kinda useless.Sa-Sasuke—?!?"Ino rushed over and tears rapidly started pouring down her cheeks.She wiped them away furiously."Sasuke."

Kimura and Yumi stood up,not knowing what to do.Yumi looked at Choji then Shikamaru."I'm Yumi,"she introduced.

"Nara Shikamaru and Akimichi Choji.The blond is Yamanaka Ino.She's one of Sasuke's fangirls.Bet that's annoying.I'd rather die.You must be..."

"Uchiha Kimura,"Kimura said with a sigh,closing her eyes."Thanks for the help but we don't really need any."

Shikamaru laughed."You don't trust us?You two go get your scrolls or whatever.Sakura and Ino will watch these two idiots.We'll probably steal ours before you retrieve yours.Heh heh."

Kimura smiled."I don't know you,Nara.We've just met.I'm not stupid you know."

"Well this chick's clever,"he muttered to Choji."She won't even believe us. We're a friends of Ino's and Ino is Sakura's friend."

"Ha ha! I've seen those two.Sure they're friends.They fight more than my sister and I back then," Yumi said sarcastically.

"Look,you'll owe us later," Choji said."Just go and get your scrolls then come back.We'll be here hopefully."

"I don't-".

"Do you want to win or not?"the Nara guy said lazily.

"Yeah,we do,"Yumi replied.

"Then go." he said with a wave of his hand."GO.We don't have much time."

Kimura and Yumi looked at each other with question marks hanging over their heads and shrugged."Okay.But if you do betray us.I will smash your skull."

Shikamaru nodded."Okay.Sure.Just go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just randomly wrote this.lol.
-Cam