Antics

Chapter Six

You were practically parallel with your broom. The quaffle was tucked underneath your arm snugly. You leaned left slightly, then dropped the ball straight down.

Pele caught it and shot the ball through the short hoop, scoring ten more points.

Just as you were doing a victory flip, you heard a whistle blow and realized the game was over. Looking over at the scoreboard, the score was 270-0.

"Good game guys. The plays seem to be working very well. Especially that last one, Chris. Very professional guys."

"Three cheers to Oliver! Hip-hip"

"YOU SUCK!" you screamed. "Only joking. You rock Oliver."

"Thanks, well, see you guys on Monday for some practice."

Everyone mumbled their good-byes with an excited 'good-game' thrown in towards the end, and you were off.

Where were you off to? Quite possibly hell.

You apparated back to your appartment. Thirty minutes later you jumped out of the shower. You knew you would get ridiculed for not looking nice, so you decided to skip that step and wear a white almost dressy shirt and black skinny jeans. Pants.

You fixed up and put on some make up, then quickly apparated to your grandma's house.

You groaned when you opened your eyes. Everyone was wearing dresses. Perfect.

"Christina, Darling! I see you actually attempted this time! Well, we can't all be good looking!" your sister, Charmilla, said. [[pronounced carm-illa]]

"Well, not all of us can marry a rich man right out of school and not have to work for the rest of our lives. Some of us have goals!" you said, cheerfully.

"Haha. Always the joker." she said, wrinkling her nose. "Speaking of getting married, I'm doing it again!"

"Sucking more money out of an innocent man?" you mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Have you set a date yet?"

"Oh, yes. Well, we're getting married in two months."

"How wonderful!" you lied. You loved your sister. You just hated her at family reunions. She was the biggest tramp. It wasn't her fault. It was your mothers.

"And I have a suprise for you!"

"And what would that be?"

"Well, Chantrice was brides maid at my first wedding, Charlene at the second, and Chelsey at my third, which only leaves you to be it at my fifth!" she squeeled. [Those are her sisters in order from oldest to youngest, Charmilla being the oldest of you all.

"Fourth, dear." you said. Oh great. This will be entertaining. "So, do I get to meet this man?" you questioned.

"Of course! William! William darling, come meet my sister."

"'Ello!" he said brightly. "Nice to meet you!"

"I'm Chris. Tina." you said, adding on the last part a little late. Your family liked you to go by your full name.

"Well, nice to meet you Chris." he said. This guy was actually pretty cool.

"So, do I need to read you the rules?"

"Pardon?"

"The 'you're-marrying-my-older-sister' rules."

"Oh. You know, I do believe those are supposed to come from a brother figure."

You laughed. "Well I'm the closest this family has. Close by, I mean." you did have two brothers. Twins. Both a year older. Charlie and Chauncey. Your parents had a thing for C's.

"Well, I believe your brothers have already read me my rights"

"Oh! You've met them!"

"Yes. We had the pleasure of running into them back in France, in May." your sister cut in.

"Okay. Well, it was really nice meeting you, but I have to go see my parents. It's been a while."

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled, running up to them.

"How's it going sweetie?" my dad asked.

"Good. Really good."

"Did you bring a man with you this time?"

"No, mom. Sorry." you said. You didn't feel like putting up with it this time.

"Christina." you heard from behind you. You turned around.

"CHARLIE!" you screamed as you jumped him. He worked in France for the ministry and usually couldn't get off for these family get-togethers. This one was for Thanksgiving. It wasn't Thanksgiving yet, but around this time, there was a usually a small get-together.

"Chris, Chaunc' is coming up with a friend. I believe you know him."

You saw your brother's wild head of bleach blond hair up in a mohawk start to come up over the hill you were standing on, the yard was on a slope, you ran and hugged him.

"Missed you too, sis." he said.

You broke away and looked to his right. "Oliver?" you questioned.

"Yeah. I figured this would suprise you." he said. You didn't know he was friends with your brother.

"Yeah, so we're gonna start a game of futbol," he said, producing a black and white ball and pointing over towards the goals, "you wanna play?"

"Have you ever known me to pass up?" you asked, taking the ball.

"I don't know, you gonna be able to play in those shoes?" he asked, stifling a laugh.

"I thought I'd dress up."

"This is you dressing up?"

"Casually."

"Casually dressing up? That doesn't even make sense!" Charlie said, coming up from behind you.

You pulled out your wand and changed your shoes into a pair of black pumas.

"Okay, teams: Chris, you can be on my team, Charlie and Oliver, you guys, and then we'll round everyone else up, okay?"

"Got it." you guys replied.

You nutmeged your dad and went straight for the goal. You shot... AND SCORED!

"WOO!!!" you screamed.

"GOOOOAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!" Chauncey screamed from behind you. He picked you up and swung you around.

By that point in the game, you had changed into a wife beater and a pair of basket-ball shorts.

You had just won the final and determining goal for your team.

"Boys! BOYS!" your grandma screamed. "Oh, And Christina, come get dinner!"

You blushed. You hated it when your family did that.

You quietly chewed on the hot dog in front of you.

"So, how's your store going, boys?" your uncle asked your brothers. They run a photography business on their 'off time'.

"Great! Actually, we just had to hire three new photographers!" Charlie said.

"That's great. And Chris, how's the whole quidditch thing going?"

"Wonderful. Actually, we just won another match today. Oliver is our captain." you said, nodding in his direction.

"Oh, really? Well, how is she?" your uncle asked.

"Oh, really a great player. She's our star chaser." he said.

Your father beamed. "I always knew she'd be great." he said, proudly.

"Well, this quiditch thing won't last for too long. In a year or two, she'll settle down." your mom said. Stupid fake bitch.

"No, I think I'm going to keep playing quiditch, mom. I really like it."

"Well, you're going to need to stop and settle down before all of the good men get away, sweetie!" your mom said.

"Mom. I don't need to try to find myself a husband."

"Honey. I don't think you realize.."

"No mom, you don't realize, I like what I do. I don't need a man to complete my life. I've got my aspirations to do that." you finished, and went into the kitchen to clear off your plate.

About five minutes later, the rest of the women started coming in carrying dishes.

"Honey," your mom started, approaching you slowly, "you're not the prettiest girl in our family. You really need to start looking for a husband before it's too late." you glared at her. "How about Oliver? He's a good looking chap. And he's got his whole life planned out!" she said.

"Yeah. And he seems pretty interested in you, if you ask me." Chantrice said.

"Look, I'm not interested in him. And he's not in me." you said.

"Look darling, your sister is getting married in two months. January 18th. I want to see you attend that wedding with a date." your mom said, a little maliciously.

"Two months mom? Don't you think that's too soon a deadline? It'll be really hard for her!" Chelsey spat. You rolled your eyes.

"Is that a dare?" you said, glaring at chelsey.

"It is."

"Okay, I pull it off, you guys can't ridicule me anymore."

"And if you don't, we'll set up a date for you." Charmilla added.

"Deal." you said, then turned on your heal and left.

You walked back into the dining room to your dad telling another story.

"And it was this big!" he said, motioning with his arms. "Biggest damn fish I've ever seen!" his eyes were a-glow.

"I'm going to go. Nice to see you guys." you said, giving all of your family hugs and kisses.

"I'll go with you." Oliver said.

"Okay, we'll see you guys later."

With a pop, you guys were out.

"You want to come in for some tea? Group therapy, perhaps?" you asked him. He chuckled.

"Sure."

You opened the door and went into the kitchen. "So, what did you think of my family?" you shouted from the kitchen

"They were... entertaining." he said, taking a seat on the couch.

"Yeah. My parents had seven kids. It was a hoot growing up." you said, coming out with a tray full of tea and accessories.

"You know, you're mom and sisters are nuts." he said, after a minute of silence.

"What, that little spat? No hair pulling this time, I'd be thankful. You could have gotten involved."

"Well, from what I heard in the kitchen, I did." he said.

You stopped, set down your cup, and stared at him. "How much did you hear?"

"All of it. I can't believe they treat you like that." he said.

"Yeah, well, I'm just the let-down of the family. At least on my mom's side. If the rest of my dad's family was there, I would have been fine." you said, not wanting any sympathy.

He got up, about to leave. "I can't stay. I've got to get home," he said, looking at his watch.

"Mummy expecting you home by eight?" you said, with a silly grin.

"Hardy-har-har. Eleven, I'm not a baby." he said, you both laughed.

"Well, I'll see you Monday," you said, walking over to your fireplace.

"Yeah, and by the way," he threw the powder into the fire, "you're way prettier than the rest of your sisters."

He stepped into the fireplace, leaving you to do nothing but stare.

You and Oliver had been having more and more decent conversations. It was wierd.

"Hey baby," Brendon said, kissing you on the cheek.

"Hey, Brendon." you said, turning around.

"How was your game?"

"We won. How was work?"

"I broke a new story!" he said, walking over towards the kitchen.

"That's good. I'm going to head to bed early. My family really wore me out today."

"Well, wait for me, I could help you ware out even more," you said smirking at you.

You grabbed his tie and started pulling him into you, "Really, and how do you plan on doing that?" you asked.

"I have my ways." he said, as the door shut behind him.