One Night Stands

My Hero

My Best friend Matt and I were hanging out at my house, we were going to watch a movie when he, deciding to be a loser, started tickling me.

"Ouch" I said as he tickled me where one of the bruises my boyfriend Andrew had given me were.

"What is wrong with your side?" Matt asked.

"It's nothing" I said scooting away from him a little.

"Let me see" Matt said reaching for the hem of my shirt.

"Matt No" I said but too late, Matt lifted up my shirt slightly and revealed the Bruise he had touched along with a collection of others Andrew had also given me.

"Where did you get all these Bruises?" Matt asked.

"Andrew" I said softly.

"I am going to kick his ass" Matt said standing up and walking toward the door of my apartment.

"Matt No!" I said running after him. "Please don't" I added standing in front of the door and blocking his way.

"I am sick of him hurting you Haley!" Matt said crossing his arms "You deserve so much better"

"That's why I broke up with him" I said not letting Matt get past me.

"Before or after he gave you that bruise to add to the collection of other ones he has given you?" he asked.

"After" I said quietly.

"I'm gonna Kill him" Matt said trying to get past me again.

"Matt please don't just calm down" I said blocking his way again.

"Why are you defending him?" Matt asked looking at me in disbelief. " Look at all these bruises" Matt said grabbing my shirt and pulling it up slightly so the bruises Andrew had given me were visible on my back, sides and stomach. "And yet you wont let me go and kick his ass. Why?"

"I don't want you getting hurt too" I said softly looking at the ground.

Matt looked at me and raised my chin so I was looking into his eyes. "You're my best friend Haley. I hate seeing you hurt and I want the one who hurt you to pay for it"

"Matt Please" I said looking into his eyes "Just come sit on the couch with me and watch a movie" I said hopefully.

He sighed but turned and walked back to the couch. I walked over and sat down next to him after putting in Nightmare Before Christmas.

"You know I only act the way I do because I care about you right?" Matt asked looking at me.

"I know you care Matt" I said smiling at him.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close "I don't think you know just how much" he said before pressing his lips to mine and shocking the living hell out of me. But I kissed back none the less, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against mine "You are the most important thing in the world to me" He kissed me again "I Love You"

"I have been waiting for to say that since High school" I said smiling and kissed him. "I Love You too"