One Night Stands

Choking In Perfume

"You shouldn't be drawing while the teacher is talking" a voice said in my ear.

"Well this is Art school" I said not looking up at him.

A hand reached in front of me and took my pencil out of my hand.

"Excuse me" I said looking at him, but stopped as soon as my eyes reached his face.

He was pale, almost too pale to be living. His eyes were a haunting dark brown, his hair was a straight black that reached his shoulders.

"Yes?" he asked smirking.

I just looked at him stunned, he was gorgeous to say the least.

"M-My pencil" I manged to say.

The boy tossed my pencil from one hand to the other.

"You want it back?" he asked.

I nodded slowly, still stunned by his looks.

"Will you stop drawing?" he asked smiling.

"I doubt it" I said without thinking.

"Then I'm not giving it back" he answered looking back at the teacher, as he kept tossing my pencil from one hand to the other. I watched him for a moment before reaching my hand out and taking my pencil just as he was about to toss it again.

He looked at me seeming slightly surprised.

"You just got ninjaed" I said sticking my tongue out at him, then looking at my drawing again. I started to go over a few lines of the sewn together heart I had drawn.

"That's actually really quite good" the boy said looking at my paper.

"Thank-you" I said smiling at him.

"I'm Gerard Way" he said smiling and he offered his hand for me to shake.

"Taylor Banks" I said smiling back and shaking his hand.

"Will you two please stop talking" Mrs. Shaw said giving us her famous death glare.

"Sorry" I said looking back at the two person desk, Gerard and I were sitting at.

A few minutes later the bell rang and I stood up and started to put my stuff in my bag. I walked out of class without saying good-bye to Gerard and started to head to my next class.

"Taylor!" someone called once I had gotten out of the building and was headed across the court yard.

I turned to see Gerard Jogging up to me.

"Oh hey" I said smiling.

"Mind if I walk you to your next class?" he asked "I have to go this way anyway"

"Sure" I said surprised.

"Mrs. Shaw is some piece of work" Gerard said laughing slightly as we walked.

"Ya, she wears too much perfume" I answered, laughing as well.

"I know what you mean" Gerard agreed "I always feel like I'm Choking In Perfume when I'm in her class" he added smiling at me.

"Well this is my class" I said as we reached a door.

"Really?" Gerard asked smiling "Mine too"

"Well that's random" I said laughing.

Gerard opened the door for me. "Ladies first" he said smiling at me.

"Thank you" I said smiling back.

We sat down near the back of the class and instantly started talking.

I had the feeling it was gonna be very hard to pay attention this semester with Gerard sitting next to me.