& it's all because you're by my side.

The Surprise

“There’s someone we want you to meet.” Joe exclaimed happily as I stood behind him, holding our “surprise” in my arms.

The group, consisting of the Jonas’, Rita, and my father, stared at us expectantly.

“We want you to meet Noodle!” I said happily as Joe stepped out of the way so we could reveal Noodle, our adorable little puppy.

If only you could’ve seen their faces.

Frankie’s eyes lit up excitedly.

Denise smiled knowingly.

My dad and Paul stared, a little shocked. Probably a little worried about Joe and I taking care of a dog.

Kevin and Nick looked at each other, both muttering “Noodle?”

And Rita smiled excitedly before standing up and walking towards us. “Weird name pushed aside, she is cute!”

She took Noodle from me and began petting her like crazy.

Frankie was the next to jump up and join us in the middle of the room.

“Noodle? Why the heck did you name her Noodle?” Nick stared, still in awe at the name.

“Because it’s cute!” I squealed.

“I’d hardly call that cute.” Nick rolled his eyes, before standing and joining us. “You should’ve named her something like Rita. Now that’s cute.”

Rita blushed as Nick sent her a wink.

I giggled as Joe began speaking. “Or we could’ve named her Katy, that’s cute, too.” He sent a goofy grin my way.

I rolled my eyes and blushed as well. “I think Noodle is perfect for her. It's cute!”

"Now that I think about it," Nick began. "You and Joe would name your dog Noodle."

--

“I really like Noodle.” I smiled to Joe as I petted the sweet dog.

Noodle was lying across Joe’s stomach as my head lay on Joe’s chest.

“I do, too.” Joe kissed the top of my head. “And I’m excited to get to spend the next week with her.”

“And I’m excited to get to spend the three weeks after the next week with her while you’re off being the awesome superstar you are.”

Joe chuckled, surprisingly understanding the awkward sentence I had just said. “And you’re sure that your dad doesn’t mind watching her while we’re on tour?”

“Nope, he said he doesn’t mind at all.” I replied. “I think he’ll like the company. I think he’s gonna miss me.” I looked up at Joe, resting my chin on his chest.

Joe stroked my hair softly and began to say something, but was cut off by what had just sound from the TV.

We had the TV set to a low volume, not really paying attention to it, but as a picture of Joe and I showed across the screen, we suddenly became interested.

Joe grabbed the remote from his nightstand and turned up the volume.

“Joe Jonas was spotted at Satuday’s Dodger game with a girl, stick around until later in the show for all the juicy details.” The reported stated enthusiastically, before moving onto a story about Britney Spears.

I stared at Joe and pointed at the TV, completely speechless.

Joe laughed at my reaction.

“I was just on TV…” I told him, my eyes wide from shock.

Joe smiled. “Yes, you were. We better stick around to get all the juicy details.” He mocked the lady.

“It’s kind of weird.” I told him after lying my head back down on my chest. “I knew that our relationship would probably come out eventually, but I guess I just wasn’t really prepared to see us on a gossip show.”

“Unfortunately, that’s just the beginning.” Joe stated dimly. “Kate,” he began before sitting up. I sat up next to him as Noodle curled up in his lap. He looked at me urgently. “I want you to know that now that we’re dating, and pretty much in the open with it, gossip shows and gossip magazines are going to be all over it. They are going to be printing stories about us left and right. And they are even going to say things that aren’t true. They’ll turn me walking down the street with another girl into me cheating on you. And I just want you to know I care about you, a lot, and I would never cheat on you. And I don’t want you to ever believe a single thing those magazines say. All they do is twist the truth around.

“Promise me that you’ll never let one of those stupid magazines or shows get to you or get in the way of our relationship?”

I stared into Joe’s eyes, a little taken back by his honesty and seriousness. “I promise.” I leaned forward and kissed him. “Thank you, Joe.”

He smiled before planting his lips back onto mine.

We separated, both with giddy grins across our faces. “I’ve always thought those magazines and shows were bull shit anyway.”

“Good.” He replied, before turning his attention back to the screen. “Now lets see what juicy gossip they have on us.”

I chuckled and rested my head on his shoulder.

“It appears that Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers has a new lady in his life. He was spotted at the Dodger/Giants game Saturday canoodling with an unidentified brunette. Either he’s finally off the market or there was a win a date with Joe Jonas contest that we weren’t aware of.” The reporter informed the audience, a fake smile plastered across her face.

Joe and I laughed at the picture of us with Big Rob.

“Canoodling with an unidentified brunette.” Joe echoed, causing us to burst out into laughter again.

--

“So you’ll keep her until next weekend.” I reiterated our agreement.

“And then I’ll bring her to you and you’ll keep her until we go on tour.” He replied back, holding Noodle in his arms.

“And my dad will take care of her while we’re on tour.” I finished.

“I feel like we’re divorced and working out the custody schedule of our kids.” Joe chuckled.

I laughed. “It does feel like that, huh?”

Joe’s smile dropped as he stuck out his bottom lip like a little kid. “I’m gonna miss you.”

I smiled at his adorableness. “I’m gonna miss you, too. But I’ll be seeing you next weekend. And plus, you’ll have Noodle to keep you entertained.”

“I know,” He looked down at the little dog. “But I want Noodle and you here.”

“I know,” I gave him a kiss. “But I have to finish school. I’ve already missed a day this week. My teachers probably aren’t too happy about me missing a day in the last week of school.”

“Stupid school, it’s always getting in the way of things.”

I chuckled at his seriousness. “I agree completely.” I paused to give him another kiss. “But I really have to go now. My dad’s waiting for me in the cab.”

“Alright, I supposed I’ll let you go.” He leaned forward and connected our lips once more before pulling me into his arms to give me a hug.

I separated from him and gave him one more kiss before heading towards the door, giving a small wave before exiting the house

I hopped down the front steps and towards the cab.

I opened the door and prepared to climb in, but paused at the present lying in the seat.

I rolled my eyes and picked it up before scooting in.

“And I thought that he had forgotten.” I chuckled to my dad.

“Honey, I don’t think he’s going to forget.” My dad chuckled as well.

I tore the paper off of the rectangular item, which turned out to be a picture frame, and flipped it over to reveal the most adorable picture ever.

It was of Joe and Noodle, with Joe having the biggest grin plastered across his face and Noodle looking excitedly at the camera.

I removed a piece of paper that was tapped to the side of the frame.

In Joe’s boyish scribble was written:

Just incase you forget what we look like. <3

I giggled and admired the picture some more before pulling out my phone to text Joe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if any of you noticed this or not, but I moved June first to a Saturday. It just made the story run smoother if it was on a Saturday.

If any other dates in the story are moved around, just keep in mind that this is fiction.

Thanks! =D