Two Hearts, One Love

Two Hearts, One Love

On the way to the hotel Austin and I mostly talked and caught up with each other.
"Holy shit! Is that our hotel?" I said in awe at the huge building in front of me.
"Yeah." Austin laughed at my reaction.
We grabbed my stuff and walked into the lobby. As we walked to the elevator, he handed me my room key. As girl nearly knocked me over as she ran out of the elevator crying.
"Dumb bitch." I said under my breath.
"Woah. They must've broken up." Austin said.
"Who?"
"Ryan Villopoto and his girlfriend Kristen."
I just smiled. Austin and I walked to my room laughing about something we'd over heard.
We walked in and the shower was turned on.
I looked at Austin confused.
"I have a roommate?"
"Yeah."
"Who?"
"You must be Cheyenne." A third voice said. My heart skipped a beat. I turned around and there stood Ryan Villopoto.
"And you must be Ryan."
He nodded and smiled.

Austin and Ryan started talking as I unpacked some of my things. I couldn't help but over here some of their conversation.
"Dude, what's up with you and Kristen?"
"We're over. I ended it before you guys showed up."
I smiled.
"Chey, can you unpack later? We need to go see Mitch."
"Yeah sure."
As the three of us got closer to his room the more nervous I became.
"You alright Chey?" Austin asked.
"Huh? Oh yeah, just kinda really nervous."
"Relax, I'm sure Mitch will like you." Ryan said then flashed me a melt worth smile.
I smiled back.

Austin knocked on the door and Mitch opened it a couple of seconds later.
"Ah, you must be Cheyenne. Come in."
I nodded and smiled then the three of us stepped into the room. Mitch asked me a bunch of question about my riding. I answered them the best I could. After all that the four of us headed to the track do I could ride. That was when I realized that I would be racing against Ryan. I was putting my gear on when Austin came over.
"Nervous?" He asked.
"No, I'm just gonna be racing the frickin outdoor champ."
"Relax. I've talked to Ryan, he's not going to be to hard on you."
I nodded and put my helmet on.
We rode for a good 30 minutes before Mitch told us to stop. Mitch pulled Austin and Ryan aside. I waited nervously for while they talked for 10 minutes. Ryan and Austin finally turned around with smiles on their faces. I took that as a good sign. Mitch wheeled over to me.
"Cheyenne, you are a very talented rider. You have almost the exact same riding style as Ryan. Now I know why you don't race with the girls. The team and I are probably going to take a lot of crap for this, but I'm willing to take that chance and let you on the team. All you have to do is sign these papers and you're on.

I smiled and signed the papers without a second thought. The four of us headed back to the hotel. I had a smile on my face the whole way there. We got back around 15 minutes later and I pretty much ran to my room and the first person I called was Micheal.
"Michael!" I yelled into the phone.
"Hey! I think I'm deaf now." He laughed.
"Sorry. But guess what."
"What?"
"I'm on Mitch Payton's Monster Energy/Pro Cuircut/Kawasaki team!"
"Holy shit! That's great Chey!"
"I'm so happy."
"I can imagine."
"Well I'm gonna go, I'll talk to you later."
"Ok, congrats. Later."
I hung up and just looked at my phone.

"Talking to your boyfriend?" Ryan asked.
"Huh? No he's no even close to being my boyfriend. He's one of the guys I ride with."
"Oh."
My phone started playing "Far Away" by Nickelback. I smiled and answered it.
"Chad freaking Impson, it's about time you called me." I said while laughing.
"Hey to you too babe." I smiled as his voice filled my ear.
"What's up?"
"Missing you. That's about it."
"Aww, I miss you too hun." I cooed into the phone. "Guess what Chad."
"What?"
"I'm on the Monster Energy/Pro Cuircut/Kawasaki team!"
"Congrats babe. I'm happy for you."
"Thanks hun."
"Go celebrate. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night babe."
"Ok, night hun."
"Love you."
"Love you too."
I smiled for the like 1000 times that day and hung up my phone. Austin and Ryan looked at me.
"Now that definitely sound like you have a boyfriend." Austin said.
"I never said I didn't have one now did I?"
"No, I guess not. Anyway, I want the info on him."
"Yes mom." Ryan laughed at that.
"Haha very funny." Austin stuck his tongue out at me.
"Ok, his name is Chad Impson. He's 20, he's from Oklahoma, I met him in Mexico, he has a job and his own apartment, he's a junior in college, and he's a sweetheart." I said smiling.
"How long have you guys been dating?"
"About 5 months."
"Oh."
"Anyway, who wants to go celebrate?"
"I do!" Ryan and Austin yelled.