An Ocean Between

Shopping With Jess

"Do you think this looks good?" Jess asked me, holding up a black and blue horizontally striped baby doll tank top.

We were shopping for an outfit for Jess to wear on her date with Andy. He finally got the courage to ask her out thanks to my persuasion.

"Yeah, its perfect. You could wear it with those black capris you have at home." I replied.

"Which one? The one with suspenders?" she asked.

"No, the other one."

"Yeah, that sounds good." Jess said as she walked over to pay for her stuff.

After Jess finished shopping, we went straight to the food court 'cause we're fat asses like that. I ate Sbarro while Jess ate Panda Express.

"You know, since you helped me and Andy get together, I'm going to help you and David get together." Jess said, with her mouth full. I choked on my pizza when I heard those words come out her mouth.

"D-David?" I managed to say after my choking episode.

"Yeah! You guys would make such a cute couple! Plus I can totally tell how crazy you guys are about each other."

"We're best friends, Jess. Thats it."

"Even Andy notices it, Ani!"

"I do not like David and he doesn't like me!" I said, crossing my arms and glaring at her. "Can we just drop it?"

"Fine. I'll drop it. For now." she said reluctantly.

We ate the rest of our food in silence...that is until I threw a chunk of tomato at her. That broke the tension and soon we were talking like the best friends we were. She drove me home after we finished eating. As I waited for the elevator, I wondered about how I really felt about David. Maybe I was in love with David. No! I can't be in love with him! He's my best friend! He's the closest of all my best friends! Its not like he'll ever like me anyway. I sighed. This is going to be an awkward afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
That Green Gentleman just came on Elite 8! Anyways, I hope you guys appreciate this one since I went through a lot of trouble writing and posting this. I send my love to the people who read this and thats not that many people but it something. You guys rock!