Feels Just Like We're Losing Control

Chapter 5

About four hours later, I heard my mom call my name.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"Could you come down here?"

Shit, I thought to myself. What have I done this time?

I shuffled downstairs to the living room where she sat in her favorite armchair.

"Robby, tell me about Hayley."

"God, Mom, can you just drop it?" I groaned.

"No I won't. Hayley is a lovely girl, and I want to know about her."

I sighed, realizing I couldn't win, and plopped down on the couch.

"I've known her since 11:00 this morning. She's cool. We're hanging out on Saturday."

I said all of this robotically and silently begged my mom to leave me alone.

"Oh, like a date?"

"No! She wants to get her navel pierced and we were going to do stuff with our hair," I corrected.

"Okay, okay. Get back upstairs, go to bed, do whatever boys do at your age," she said with a soft smile.

I rolled my eyes but smiled back and walked up to my room. Hayley wouldn't stay out of my mind, not even for a second. I wasn't in love, but I was in very strong like. She had those eyes that would drive you mad, and that hair was just...wow. It was so soft, and that color was amazing. Happy little butterflies danced in my stomach as I lay back in my bed and tried to catch up on some sleep. It wasn't too hard to start dreaming about that beautiful girl. Even through my sleep, I still hoped she was dreaming about me.