The Pain I've Grown to Know

Chapter 25

"What the fuck happened with Syn and Lea? You didn't really contemplate earlier on the phone!"

Both Zack and Jimmy were leaning against Baker's car, which was parked behind Johnny's Bar, both of the men puffing away on their cigarettes. Zacky seemed unsettled. Matt's phone call had come unexpected, after their previous meeting he didn't really think he'd be talking to Matt for a few days.

"I walked in on her having a phone conversation, stating that Ebony had told her about the whole thing on tour and the two times after that about 6 months ago. She was an emotional wreck, and it just so happened that Brian turned up from out of nowhere and drags her into bed, getting it into her head that it would be good payback to cheat on me...or whatever that snake said to her. Bottom line is: that the baby might be his. She feels completely down, or so I assume, seen that she was hiding it from me and everybody else, and even stated that it might have been for the best if she would have miscarried that baby on the day you brought her to hospital, as she wouldn't want to live with me and Brian's kid."

Zack's jaw dropped as he tried to process what Matt had just told him, and his green eyes turned a darker color of jade.

"It's fucking Vegas all over again, isn't it! Him using her, and ending up as being a potential father of her unborn child? Back then I thought he was just being a dick that wanted a piece of our action...but this time he's fucking dead...I swear!"

Zack pushed himself off the car and Matt and him strode towards the bar, as they noticed Jimmy remained leaning against Zack's car. As they turned around to him, they were surprised by the disappointed look in his eyes.

"What is it Sullivan, you coming or what?"

Matt shouted back over his shoulder, anticipation of a fight already raising his adrenalin level throughout his body.

"You do know, that the two of you are just as guilty that this happened, as Brian is...on both occasions, right? Back in Vegas, it was Baker striking a deal with him so that Bri wouldn't reveal anything to Lea about the groupie he screwed, and this time around, he was at the right place at the right time...once more infidelity being the cause. As much as I hate to say this boys, but you two practically made the bed for him, each time. I bet you didn't even know that she she was so guilt-ridden after sleeping with Brian, that she started swallowing anti-depressants like it was candy, and that after she found out she's pregnant, she's seeing a shrink once a week, because she cannot deal with the idea of it possibly being his. Damn, you two see her every day, yet you don't notice anything about her...she is so good in keeping both of you happy, that you cannot see how terrible she actually feels! And that makes me fucking angry...at Brian and at you! I would love to go in there and punch Haner or even one of you to release some of the anger...but my wife threatened to not talk to me or let me touch my child if I assault anyone...so i am out."

Flicking his burnt down cigarette to the side he looked from Matt to Zack, his eyes clearly reflecting the anger inside of him, about not being able to take a swing at anybody. Matt was the first that came back from the frozen state after Jimmy's monologue.

"How the hell do you know all this? She took pills? She...what?!"

"For crying out loud, you say you love this woman , yet you keep things from her and she unfortunately found about about your lies herself...did you really think she would confide in you? And I guess, she didn't tell Zack because she knew you'd freak out about him knowing more personal stuff about her than you do. Leana and her are not only so close because they both have kids...but because she feels safe telling Leana everything! After I got home from our talk this afternoon and told her, she wasn't able to keep things from me anymore and told me everything. So, before you beat up anyone...you two should take a good look at yourself!"

Jimmy wasn't sure if he wanted to calm the guys down so that they would not touch Brian, or if he wanted to show them how little they knew, which would drive them even more crazy. He really was in favor of hitting Brian's lights out...but one scratch or bruise and Leana would go to her parents' place for a week or so,....and he knew better but to not take her serious.

"I'm going in there and make clear that he is never to touch her, or any of my future girlfriends, fiancees, wives ever again, I don't give a shit what your frigging' wife has told you! The bastard had it coming and he should know better than to screw with someone else's girl!"

It was Zack that screamed at Jimmy and stomped towards the door, Matt close on his heels, even though Jimmy's words were echoing in his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I know, it's just a short filler!