The Wrong Jonas

Chapter 3

"That test was a major flunker." My best friend, Rachel, said. We were walking home from school.

"I know, right? I totally failed. And it doesn't help that I didn't study last night." I said, frustrated.

Unlike me, Rachel actually studies fro things. SHE doesn't even think she did well on the test. Where does that leave me? Just brilliant.

"Hey, that's your problem, kiddo. At least I study. You should start doing that, too, instead of always playing your guitar." Rachel said.

"Hey! I take offense to that! Guitar is my life. I'd rather flunk a few tests than never play guitar again."

Guitar really is my life. I'm always playing. I have an acoustic, and two electrics. I just got a new electric for Christmas last year. It's bright pink with black paint splotches here and there. My other electric is just black with white around the sides.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Alyssa." She shook her head and looked straight ahead. Her house was right around the corner from here. Mine was at least two more blocks away.

As we got to the corner, we hugged and said our good-bye's.

"You better call me when you're on the road." Rachel said/warned.

"Of course." I said matter-of-factly. I turned and started down the street again.

As I walked, I couldn't help but think about Joe the whole time until I got to my house.

I looked up from the ground and saw Kevin's jeep in the driveway. I knew they were here to pick me up. I'm all packed and ready to spend a whole week with Joe!

I mean...

Why did I just think that? Of course I'm going to be with Nick.

But somehow, picturing Joe's face inside my head makes me more excited about the trip.

Alyssa, get that thought out of your head, right now!

I shook my head and just darted for the door.

Note to self: stop thinking about Joe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. Thanks for reading!

:)