Dance With Me in This Rain

Hurricane Bella

Tom's Point Of View

It was 10 o' clock at night and Bella still hadn't returned.
A million questions flooded my head at the same time. What if something happened to her? What if she's lost? When the hell is she coming back?
I had never experienced so much drama in one day. I was so tired, but I wouldn't allow myself to sleep. Bella had to be there for me to sleep peacefully.
And even if she came back right now, I still wouldn't sleep. I'd be too busy asking her why she just took off. I'd be too busy hugging her and telling her to never do that again.
I hated being this guy. This needy person. It wasn't like me to be this uptight about things. But I couldn't help it. She made me this way, so I'd just have to play along.
I was now on my bed, and Bill was on his. He was soundly asleep, the lucky bastard. Georg and Gustav had gone to their room about an hour ago.
Bill had told me to wake him up if Bella came back.
If Bella came back? That made me even more nervous.
I was staring up at the ceiling, with one hand under my head and the other one on my side.
I hadn't seen Clara, only Gustav had when he went to talk to her. Bill even tried talking to her, but she refused to let him in her room.
And to think that just yesterday, everything was fine. Bella was here, Clara was okay (although still completely oblivious to the fact that Bella and I were going out). Everything was normal. No drama. No fucking drama.
I groaned, rubbing my forehead. My eyes drooped, but I managed to keep them open and cautious.
More questions filled my head. All unanswered, all pointless.
I was so focused on those questions, that I didn't even hear the faint knock on the door the first time.
The sound met my ears the second time, and that's when I paused, lifting my head up, and looking in the direction of the door.
Knock knock. There it went again.
I quickly sat up and jumped off the bed, causing the covers to fall on the floor. I glided my way towards the door and turned the knob. I let out a breath, once I spotted Bella standing there in front of me, staring down at her hands rather than at me.
At first I felt sort of paralyzed from the neck down, unable to move and not sure what to do. I mean, I had waited the entire day for her and now that she was finally here, I was actually physically incapable of moving.
But once her eyes looked up and met mine, my hands automatically grabbed her by her jacket and I embraced her in a tight hug.
I heard her gasp, as I probably startled her with my frantic rush.
We didn't say anything to each other. I managed to pull her inside of the room, and shut the door. She wasn't looking at me anymore.
I thought of what to say. I dragged her over to the couch and sat her down. It was kind of funny, because she wasn't fighting me off or anything. It looked like I was in control.
I kneeled in front of her, looking her in the eyes.
“What the hell, Bella?”
Yep, those were my first words to her. Could I be any more of a jackass?
She sighed, letting her hair fall over her eyes. I quickly pushed it away from her face, refusing to let her hide this time.
“I'm sorry,” She whispered.
I frowned. “Don't be.”
She breathed loudly. “Did Clara come out of the room?”
I looked at her in slight disbelief. “Bella, seriously, stop thinking about Clara. Can you please just think about yourself for once?” I said sharply, which made her stare at me weirdly.
She didn't say anything, though.
“Where did you go?” I asked.
“I walked." Was her response.
“Where?”
She shrugged. “The sidewalk. You know, it's called a sidewalk for a reason,” She answered smartly.
I didn't laugh, which was something I would've normally done. She always made me laugh at her witty remarks.
“You didn't go too far, did you?”
She raised her eyebrow. “What am I, a kid? You sound like my mother.”
I sighed impatiently. “Bella, stop. I'm trying to talk to you.”
She rolled her eyes, and looked down. I placed my hands on hers. They felt like ice.
“You're cold,” I stated.
“It's freezing outside,” She answered with a shrug.
“Bella, as much as I try to understand you sometimes, I can't. You're too complicated.”
She furrowed her eyebrows. “Um...thanks?”
I rolled my eyes. “Why did you just leave?”
She bit her lip, breaking eye contact. “I had to. The aliens didn't abduct me like I wished, so I just left on my own.”
I scrunched my forehead in confusion, trying to comprehend what she had just said. “What the hell are you saying?”
She laughed a little. “Ugh, forget the alien thing. I couldn't be here, okay? And I'm sorry for leaving. But I'm back, aren't I?”
I sighed. “Don't do that again.”
“Why?” She asked.
I made a face. “Because. Do you have any idea how worried we all were?”
She placed a few strands of her dark hair behind her ear. “Do Georg and Gustav know about the fight?”
I nodded.
She sighed, shaking her head. “I don't like worrying you guys. But I had to be alone. I had to think.”
“I understand.”
She lifted an eyebrow. “You do?”
“Yeah.”
She smiled and I felt my heart racing at a thousand-mile speed.
Tell her now. Tell her you love her.
I paused, staring at her stupidly.
She noticed this, and cleared her throat. I was clearly making her uncomfortable with all the staring. It was really easy to make her feel awkward. You just had to stare at her for a long time.
I gulped. “Bella, I-”
“Oh my God! Bella!”
Bill leaped off his bed and came running towards us. Bella turned her attention to Bill, who practically jumped on her lap as he hugged her tightly.
Dammit. There goes my chance.
“Ah, Bill, easy with the anaconda squeeze,” She choked out.
He let go of her. “Belle, you idiot, don't just go leaving like that,” He said with a small laugh. “You nearly killed all of us.”
She snickered. “And I thought I was the drama queen. I just went for a walk, Bill.”
“Yeah, but still.”
I sighed, knowing Bill had blew my chance in telling her I loved her. Maybe now wasn't the best time, anyways.
She shook her head. She then sighed, looking down. “How bad is it? With Clara, I mean.”
Bill gave her a sympathetic look. He was good with those sympathy looks, I'll tell you.
“She won't talk to any of us. Well, only Gustav was able to talk to her earlier today. But when I tried, she didn't even let me go in the room,” Bill replied.
“Shit,” She mumbled. "It's bad."
“She'll come around,” I assured.
Bella shook her head. “No, she won't. She hates me now.”
“She just said that at the time, but I'm pretty sure that's not how she really feels,” I said. “We all say things we don't mean.”
She just shrugged.
“Speaking of saying things we mean or don't mean,” Bill began saying, as he cleared his throat. “Tom?”
I gave him a weird look. He discreetly pointed his head towards Bella, who didn't notice. And that's when realization dawned.
He wanted me to tell her right now.
Hell no, I'm not gonna tell Bella I love her with my brother standing right next to her.
I glared at him.
He rolled his eyes and turned to look at Bella. “I'm glad you're here.”
She smiled.
“Well, I'm gonna go back to sleep. You'll be here in the morning, right?” He joked, and Bella pushed him playfully.
“Yeah, I'll be here. No need to worry, Billy. Good night.”
He grinned and kissed her forehead before walking back to his bed and laying on it.
“You look tired,” She commented, looking at me. She put a hand on my face, caressing my cheek with her thumb.
“I didn't sleep,” I answered, not moving.
“Then please do.”
I shook my head. “Not without you.”
She made a funny face. “What?”
“Well, there's no way you're sleeping with Clara tonight. She might murder you in your sleep,” I joked, making her snicker.
“I'll sleep here on the couch. Just go to your bed,” She said, taking her hand away from my face.
“I'll take the couch, you take the bed,” I offered, standing up from the floor.
She shook her head. “No way. It's your bed,” She said with a laugh.
“Well, technically, it's the hotel's bed,” I stated smartly, with a grin.
“Smart ass,” She muttered, smiling.
“Look who's talking,” I retorted with the same smile.
She sighed and finally gave in. I smiled triumphantly as she stood from the couch and went over to my bed.
“You sure you don't want the bed?” She taunted. “It looks awfully comfy.”
I rolled my eyes. “Just lay down before I change my mind.”
She shrugged and kicked off her shoes, before climbing on the bed and pulling the covers over her.
I pulled a few blankets out from one of the cabnets and laid them out on the couch, creating my bed.
“Hey, can you throw me a pillow?” I called quietly, hoping not to wake Bill.
“Sure,” She called back, as she grabbed one and threw it at me.
“Thanks,” I said, placing it on the couch. I then laid down, snuggling my head on the pillow, trying to get comfortable. The couch was big, so it had a lot of space for me to move around in.
Once I found my comfortable position, I closed my eyes, waiting to doze off. A few minutes later, the only thing that interrupted me was the sound of something moving across the room, towards me.
“Tom?”
I opened one eye only to find Bella sitting on the floor in front of the couch, staring at me with her green eyes.
“What are you doing?” I asked curiously, now fully awake.
She bit back a smile and pulled the blankets off me.
I looked at her strangely. “Bella, what are you doing?” I repeated.
She didn't answer, as she crawled in the couch next to me.
I furrowed my eyebrows, and she looked up at me with a smile.
“Can I stay here?” She asked.
I grinned. "Yeah, sure."
She wrapped an arm around me, resting her head on my chest. I pulled the blanket over us.
“This is much better than the bed,” She whispered, and I laughed.
Her hand suddenly went up to my face, and she started caressing my cheek like she had before. We stayed silent, and she continued, until I finally fell asleep with her by my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was a bonfire waiting to happen
It was a hurricane that pulled us through
So I sat down and figured it out
And thought all about how things were better the first time.