Dance With Me in This Rain

I Must Be Dreaming...No, I'm Not.

"Shower's yours, Clara," I announced, stepping out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel. I had another towel in my hand, which I was using to dry my dripping wet hair.
"Kay," She said absently, as her head seemed to be far far away, in outer space maybe. The look on her face was evidently glimmering with happiness, though.
She picked up her bag of toiletries that was on her bed and placed it under her arm, as she glided toward the bathroom. It had steam coming out of it, due to my soothing hot shower.
"You look happy," I stated with a laugh, as she practically danced her way inside the bathroom.
She shot me a grin. "I am."
"Gustav, eh? Somehow I always knew you two would end up together. Don't ask how," I said.
She laughed. "He's so sweet, you know? He's so different from every other boy I've known."
"Yeah," I agreed. "Gustav is one-of-a-kind."
She smiled glowingly and winked at me before shutting the door and prepared to take a shower.
I went back to drying my hair.
I couldn't help but smile to myself. So far, everything was going perfect. Me and Tom; Gustav and Clara. It was only a matter of time before Bill found someone. Knowing Georg, though, I pretty much doubted his ability to find a steady girlfriend. He was, in most ways, like Tom used to be before we got together. Always going after girls, one night stands. That kind of stuff.
I felt like my head was in the clouds. Life was good. I hoped it would stay that way for long. I really did.
After my hair was nearly dried, I set my towel down and headed over to my suitcase. I slipped on my undergarments. As I was clasping my bra behind my back, I suddenly heard a weird noise. I hesitated before turning around and nearly had a freaking panic attack when I spotted Tom leaning against the wall wearing a cocky smirk on his face.
My mouth gaped and I jumped back. "Tom?!" I picked up my towel and frantically wrapped it around my body and he threw his head back with a loud obnoxious laugh.
"Well, well, well. Looks like Victoria's Secret isn't a secret anymore," He sang with a sly wink.
I clenched my teeth, wrapping the towel tighter around me. "What the hell are you doing?!"
He smiled innocently, and rocked back and forth on his feet. "Revenge, babe. For stealing my towel."
"Seriously?! I mean, sneaking up on me like that while I'm changing?!" I scoffed, looking around desperately for my pink wifebeater and shorts.
Tom laughed as I quickly pulled the shirt over my head and struggled with getting into my silky pajama shorts.
"Two can play at this game, Bella." He smirked.
I rolled my eyes. "Game? I was bored and it wasn't me who stole your towel, idiot."
"I know. I already taught my little brother a lesson," He said, wiggling his eyebrows.
I put my hands on my hips. His eyes scanned me up and down, making me feel out of place and self-conscious.
"You look nice," He commented, looking into my eyes again with a grin.
I shook my head. "Planning on staying for too long? I'm tired."
He puckered his lips. "I give you a compliment and you kick me out?"
"Tom," I said with a sigh.
"I thought compliments were supposed to boost one's morale, not aggravate them."
I looked at him questioningly. "Boost one's morale? Aggravate? Since when do you use fancy words?"
He rolled his eyes. "Since I started hanging around you."
"Hmm. Whatever. Are you leaving or not?"
He looked at me with puppy dog eyes, and in his mind, he was probably thinking I couldn't resist.
I paused, trying very, very hard to, though.
And then, I suddenly realized what he was wearing. Or not wearing, in fact.
He was shirtless, wearing nothing but black long shorts and socks on his feet. His dreads were pulled up into a bun, which made me look at him way longer than I intended. And that only filled him with glee, showing off his trademark smirk.
"Likey?" He joked, striking a dramatic pose.
I snorted in laughter.
"Conceited, are we?" I said.
"Naw. I just like having you stare at me. It's entertaining."
I made a face.
He laughed. "You so love me."
I paused again. Love? Right, he was only joking.
I didn't let that tiny word hit me. Because I knew he didn't mean it that way. Of course he didn't.
"Do not," I replied, my face growing hot. I hoped to God I wasn't blushing.
"Do too!" He took two steps closer.
"Do not!"
"Do too!" He took two more steps, and now we weren't so far apart.
Then our little childish argument had ceased.
He looked me in the eyes and my heart raced expectedly, since it always did that when he looked at me for too long. I didn't know why, but something inside me kind of hoped he'd say those three words right now. And totally mean them.
He was leaning in closer to my face and I didn't move an inch. I couldn't even if I wanted to. I felt trapped.
I hated when that happened! Like, we'd start fooling around and suddenly, he'd get all serious on me.
I hate how he has so much affect on me.
The corners of his lips pulled into a smile, and I could feel his hot breath prickling against my skin. Suddenly, his face brightened.
"Are you as turned on as I am?" He asked, automatically killing the mood.
Ha. Now that I didn't expect.
I let out a long sigh and shook my head. "Where the hell is the off switch on you, Tom?"
He pursed his lips. "If you wanna search for it, you have my permission."
I punched him on the shoulder and he flinched, laughing. I rolled my eyes, and spun around.
"Hey, hey," He said, wheeling me back around to face him. I was about to say something really nasty to him but his mouth was suddenly on mine.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off the floor for a brief moment. I barely had any space to breathe. I found myself kissing back.
Funny how I can't be mad at him for too long. It was like he casted some sort of freaky spell on me whenever he succeeded in making me kiss him back without any hesitation.
We were so absorbed in our little world, that we didn't even hear Clara's awkward cough trying to pry our attention.
After her third ridiculously loud cough, Tom and I pulled away and our heads turned towards her.
"I'm sorry. Am I interrupting?" She said sarcastically.
Tom smirked and slowly released me, and I fixed my wifebeater.
"As a matter of fact you are. Oh, and you might want some medicine for that cough. You sound like a dying cow," I quipped.
Clara made a face. "If you don't mind, I wanna try to get some sleep. Gustav told me that he's gonna take me out tomorrow and I really don't wanna wake up all groggy in the morning."
Tom smiled crookedly. "We don't mind at all. Can I borrow Bella for a few minutes?"
I looked at him, my eyebrow raising.
"Sure," Clara muttered. "Whatever you guys are thinking of doing, please do it as far away from these rooms as possible. The walls are absurdly thin and my sense of hearing is highly sensitive."
Tom laughed and I stared at her incredulously.
"Okay, then. We'll be out of your way." Tom snapped a salute and took me by the arm, dragging me out of the room.
"What the hell are you doing? I can't go out like this!" I squealed, trying to pull myself back, but with useless strength.
He groaned. "Stop whining. I have to show you something."
"Can I at least put on a robe or something? I am not going out there like this," I said, pointing down at myself.
He rolled his eyes and let go of my arm. "Fine."
I humphed and went over to put on my robe and my converses. It seemed like not so long ago I was sneaking out of my room of the previous hotel we stayed at.
Clara smirked at me. "Don't be back too late, kay Bells?"
"Shut up, Clara," I mumbled and she laughed. "Whatever you're thinking we're gonna do, you're mistaken. Get your mind out of the gutter."
She laughed again and I just threw my hands up, defeatedly.
Once Tom and I were in the hall, he took my hand and started walking along the corridor, passing Gustav and Georg's door on the way.
"Where exactly are we going?" I asked cautiously.
"It's a surprise. I'm thinking you might like it," He said with a wink.
I pursed my lips. "I hope we get to the surprise soon. This hall is starting to give me the creeps. It's like The Shining in here."
He rolled his eyes.
"I'm serious. Just wait and see. There'll be little twin girls standing at the end of the hall, waiting to kill us."
He laughed. "You watch way too many scary movies."
I shrugged. "They're just awesome."
He shook his head at me in mock disappointment. Suddenly, he came to a hault and I stumbled a little in the process.
We were in front of a door, which was obviously another hotel room. I looked at Tom wonderingly.
"What's the big surprise?" I asked confusingly.
He grinned. "This." He pointed at the door.
My face got even more confusing. "A door?"
He sighed. "No, Bella. A room."
I creased my forehead. "I'm not sure I'm following you."
"I got us a room. You know, just for us. I figured that since Clara is now with Gustav and she has no problem with us anymore, I'd get a room for us. That way, I don't have to share with Bill and you don't have to share with Clara."
I paused, staring at the door then back at Tom.
A room. Just for us? Wait a minute. Then that means we'll be alone.
My eyes widened a bit.
I suddenly felt a bit nervous.
I knew he'd never force me into doing anything but now that we had a room, that anything was bound to happen sometime. Faster, now.
"Bella?" Tom snapped me out of my reverie. He laughed quietly and shook a hand in front of my face. "Bella, you there?"
I reassembled my face. "Y-yeah."
He laughed again. "So, do you like my surprise?"
I hesitated before answering. It wasn't that I didn't like it. I did. Very much. But anxiety took over me. The thought of sharing a room with Tom was strange.....yet I wanted to.
"Yeah. It's awesome, Tom," I replied, now smiling.
He smiled back and pulled out a key from the back pocket of his shorts, inserting it in the keyhole and pushing the door open.
I stuck my head inside and saw that it was, of course, just like the other rooms. Yet this particular room had a completely different atmosphere.
I was now dangerously intrigued.
"So, um, when exactly did you get us this room?" I asked, trying to hide the shakiness that was in my voice. I walked further in, taking in everything that room contained.
He leaned his back against the wall next to the door, which he had shut. "Earlier today."
I nodded, still trying to act cool about it, rather than squeamish. I had my back to him.
"You okay?" He suddenly asked, which made me turn around to look at him. "You look....green."
I made a face. "What?"
He laughed once. "You nervous or something?"
"No!" Maybe that came out louder than intended.
He stared at me dubiously. "Bells, it's okay if you don't wanna share a room. I completely under-"
"Shut up, Tom. The room is fine," I cut him off before he could finish his ridiculous sentence. Of course I wanted to share a room. "You talk too much."
He snorted. "And you don't?"
I narrowed my eyes. "Shut up."
He held his hands up defensively. "Shutting."
I nodded once. "That's better."
Then I turned back around, and eyed the room one more time, before my eyes laid on the beds. Two separate beds.
Take it slow, Bella.
"Daydreaming again?" I heard Tom mumble from behind me.
I sighed. "Yes. I know I do that a lot. Sorry."
He shook his head, chuckling. "It's okay."
I laughed nervously. Be less conspicuous!
"Alright, so, um, you said you were tired. Choose a bed," Tom said, standing next to me.
"You can choose, if you want," I said.
"But I just told you to choose," He said with a laugh. "Complicated little girl."
My mouth tried to pull up a smile, but it didn't come out like one.
"Um, I'll take the one by the window, then," I said quietly.
He nodded. "Kay. So I guess this one's mine," He said, collapsing on his back on the neatly made bed.
I breathed evenly and walked towards the other bed, sitting on the edge.
Tom rolled to his side, holding himself up by his elbow and his hand was resting on the right side of his face. "You're just gonna sit there? Is that how you normally sleep?"
I managed to roll my eyes.
He laughed. Great that he found me so amusing.
I then stood up suddenly. Tom raised an eyebrow questioningly. "What are you doing?"
"I, um, have to get something from my room. I'll be right back," I said it all too quickly. I then walked out the door.
"Er, okay?" I heard him say.
Stupid! Why'd you have to run off like that?!
I raced towards mine and Clara's room and without knocking, I bursted through the door.
Clara abruptly sat up in her bed, like she had just woken up from a terrible nightmare. She then stared at me darkly.
"Bella?! What the hell?" She snapped.
I started pacing around the room, ignoring her.
She eyed me in a strange way. "Bella? Honey, are you sleepwalking?"
I stopped mid-pace, and narrowed my eyes at her. "No, I'm not. Can't you see I'm about to explode?"
Her forehead creased confusingly. "What are you talking about?"
"Tom got us a room right down the hall," I answered, starting to pace again.
"So?"
I stopped again. "So? Clara, he got us a room. Do you know what that means?"
She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "You and me aren't gonna be sharing anymore?"
I sighed. "Yes, but it also means that Tom and I will be alone. Just me and him."
"Again....so? He is your boyfriend, Bella."
This was going to be tough.
Clara saw the nervousness in my expression. "Bells, I don't think I understand. Do you not want to be alone with him?"
I paused. "Yes. I mean, no. I mean, yes I want to be alone with him."
"Then what the freaking hell is the problem?"
I bit my lip. "My problem is that I'm scared I won't be able to control myself. You know how it is, right? Teenage hormones and all that crap. It's terrifying."
She suppressed a laugh. "Oh Bella. My poor, uninformed Bella."
My face contorted.
She finally laughed. "It's okay if that happens. It's only natural. I mean, come on. You're eighteen. And yeah, I totally respect you for wanting to wait for your 'right time' to come. Until then, just take my advice on how to control yourself."
I furrowed my brows, folding my arms over my chest. "And what is your advice?"
She sat up straighter. "Deeps breaths and give yourself a slap in the face if necessary. And remember, mind over matter."
I nodded several times, fully taking in her advice. It seemed reasonable enough.
"Um, okay. Yeah, okay, that works. Deeps breaths and a slap in the face," I said, my voice coming out in an even tone.
She nodded. "That's all there is to it."
I smiled. "Thanks."
"No prob," She said, smiling back. Then she became serious. "Now can I please get some sleep?"
I laughed once. "Yes. Um, night, Clara."
"Good night," She replied, laying back down.
I left the room and hurried back to Tom. When I got there, he was still laying on his bed, facing the ceiling.
I smiled to myself, and shut the door lightly behind me.
He looked over at me with a smile. "I thought you weren't coming back."
"You thought I'd just leave you here? I'm not that rude," I said with a laugh, leaving all my nervousness behind.
He shook his head. "Is everything really okay?"
I walked over to my bed. "Of course. Never better."
He looked at me suspiciously. "I'll never fully understand you."
I grinned. "Is that a problem?"
He shrugged. "Nope. I like that about you."
I blushed. I removed my robe and shoes and darted under the covers.
I heard Tom laughing. "Weirdo."
Then I saw him getting up and going over to the light switch, turning the lights off. I could see his figure moving in the dark as he laid back down on his bed.
"Nighty night, Bells," He said.
"Night."
I bit my lip, wondering why I had been so nervous before.
I knew I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. I would just be thinking. I always do some thinking before going to sleep.
A few minutes later, I heard Tom snoring lightly. I turned my head to look at him, but he was buried under the covers and of course, the room was dark.
A sudden sound of thunder reached my ears and I clutched my covers tightly. Then the sound of rain echoed, and big droplets of water bounced against the windows.
I saw a big bright light suddenly flashing inside the room, and I knew it was lightning outside. I shifted around in bed, turning on my side.
I hated thunderstorms at nighttime.
Another flash appeared in the room and the sound of thunder rumbled fiercely.
That's when I jumped out of bed and went over to stand next to Tom's. I hesitated before tugging the covers off him and slipping in next to him.
He shifted, and slowly turned his head around.
"Bella?" His voice was tired from sleep.
"No. Santa Claus."
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Thunderstorms freak me out," I replied hesitantly.
He turned his whole body around. "So you're scared?"
I scoffed. "I'm not scared. I just don't like thunderstorms."
"Oh," He said, now seeming to wake up. "So you want to cuddle with Tom?"
I rolled my eyes, though he couldn't see. "What did I tell you about referring to yourself in the third person?"
He laughed and I felt his arms snaking around my waist and pulling me closer to his warm body.
"Scared now?" He whispered, his breath next to my ear.
For a second, I forgot how to breathe. "N-no."
I felt one of his legs twining with mine. I can't even begin to tell you how that made me feel.
I kept my cool and my arms were around him. I was definitely the most comfortable I'd ever been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember the day when we started this
And she made the shape of my heart with her hands
We try to make some sense of it.