Dance With Me in This Rain

We All Roll Along

“Did you see the way those girls were all over Tom?” Clara asked astoneshedly, with bulging eyes. "The nerve!"
I pursed my lips. “Clara, they're just fans.”
She shook her head. “You didn't see them, Bella. There was this one girl I saw who was nearly going topless."
I laughed. "It's a good thing I didn't see that, then."
We were both lounging in Tokio Hotel's big tour bus, waiting for the guys to finish signing some stuff for all the enthusiastic fan girls. It had been an hour.
Now, I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't disturbing having to see those girls (because there weren't any boys there besides the band and crew, of course) all over Tom. But I kept telling myself that they were a widely known band. Famous and adored. Of course the jumpy girls were included. I also had to admit that what Clara had said about the nearly topless girl did hit a nerve, but I couldn't let it bother me.
I wasn't going to be one of those crazy girlfriends. I wasn't going to be spying on Tom all the time to see if any girl was hitting on him. If, in any case, a girl did hit on Tom, he'd have to be the one with the conscience. He'd, naturally, have to tell her to back off. He'd have to be faithful. Otherwise.....well, let's just say I wouldn't stick around.
After the concert, Clara and I had watched from afar the guys signing CDs and taking some pictures with the fans. But, after a while, we got tremendously bored and that's why we were now in the bus, sitting around idly, with absolutely nothing to do but wait.
Clara couldn't seem to get passed the idea of all those German girls throwing themselves at the guys, but I knew her biggest concern in all of this was Gustav. And she also seemed utterly confused by my indifferent attitude towards the whole thing.
Clara stared at me in disbelief. “Bells, if we don't be careful, this whole thing may get out of hand.”
I raised an eyebrow, folding my arms. “What do you mean?”
“We have to keep an eye on them. On Gustav and Tom, especially. Those German chicks are wild from what I've seen and they may want more than just an autograph or a picture. If you know what I mean.
I rolled my eyes. “Clara, c' mon! Don't you trust them?”
She pursed her lips thoughtfully. “I guess. But aren't you the least bit scared?”
I shrugged indifferently. “There's no need to be.”
She sighed, turning her head so she could look out the window of the bus. She stared at the back entrance of the arena.
“They're taking an awfully long time,” She said quietly, as she rested her chin on her folded arms.
"Yep," I agreed. “But did you see the amount of fans? I'll be surprised if we leave before midnight.”
She sighed.
We stayed quiet for a while, and Clara continued looking out the window as I played boredly with the sleeve of my hoodie.
A few minutes later, I was already getting fed up. I rose from the comfortable leather seat, and walked aimlessly around the bus.
It was extremely messy in there; clothes thrown on the bunk beds, shoes scattered along the corridor. I thought about doing something to help around here. Maybe I could even clean, just to pass the time away.
Clara exhaled loudly, still looking out the window. “You wanna go back out there?”
I groaned, spotting a gray shirt, which was messily tucked under a bunk bed. I took it out and folded it neatly before placing it on the bottom bunk. I didn't know who's shirt it was. “Clara, they're probably finishing up,” I said.
She sighed and shifted her whole body around, sinking down in the seat. She pulled her hood over her head, and her legs started bouncing up and down impatiently.
“Clara, relax," I said with a laugh.
"I am relaxed," She replied, forcing a smile.
I rolled my eyes. "You know, I think we should just get used to the fact that girls will be all over the boys."
She breathed out, but didn't say anything.
“And besides,” I continued, “Why are you so jumpy? Did you already tell Gustav you have feelings for him?”
“No," She said quietly. "But I'm planning to." She looked down at her hands.
“Oh. When?”
She shrugged. “Soon. And believe me, it's not gonna happen when you and the others are around."
I made a face. "Why not?"
She raised an eyebrow at me. "It's a private matter. Which means it doesn't concern anybody but Gustav and myself.”
I chuckled. "It won't be so private afterwards, though."
She shrugged again, and I noticed her flushing.
I grinned at her embarrassment.
She narrowed her eyes at me. “Why are you grinning like that?”
I grinned wider.
“Seriously, stop. You're scaring me,” She mumbled, hiding her face deeper inside of her hood.
I laughed out loud, and continued picking up a few more shirts that were randomly laid on the floor.
"What are you doing anyways?" Clara asked.
"Folding shirts."
"Why?"
"Because I can't stand the mess," I replied simply, as I stacked the folded shirts on top of the beds.
She laughed. "I forgot. You're a neat freak."
I scoffed. "Am not."
"Bells, I've known you for five years. Trust me. You are a neat freak."
I thought of something to say, but it was obvious that she was right. Childishly, I stuck my tongue out at her, and she gladly returned the kiddy gesture.
We continued waiting for the boys. Clara was playing idly with a rubber band she had found lying somewhere around.
Suddenly, the rubber band snapped out of her hand and aimed toward the back of my head. I yelped in pain, and spun around, staring at her darkly.
"Crap, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed. "It just flew out of my hand! I swear it wasn't on purpose!"
I groaned, and rubbed the aching spot. "Damn it, Clara."
"Sorry," She said again, as she pouted her lower lip.
I sighed. "Ugh. I'm such a freaking accident-prone."
She half grinned. "Unmistakably."
Just then, the door of the bus opened, and in walked Tom, Bill, Gustav and Georg. The driver followed closely behind them, and sat himself in the driver's seat, shutting the bus door.
Bill noticed my contorted expression, as I still rubbed my head. He eyed me weirdly, as he came to stand next to me.
"What happened?" He asked.
I shook my head. "Nothing. Clara just flinged her rubber band at me. I'm perfectly fine," I said, waving my hand.
Georg and Gustav laughed, as did Tom and Bill.
"Aww," Bill said with a small laugh, rubbing my back.
I rolled my eyes. "I'm an accident-prone, in case you guys haven't already noticed."
Tom grinned, and placed an arm over my shoulder. "Believe me, Bells, I've noticed."
He then laid his chin on my shoulder. "Tom's here now. He'll take care of you."
I suppressed my laughter. "That's sweet. But Tom, it's a big turn-off when you refer to yourself in the third person."
He narrowed his eyes at me, removing his chin from my shoulder. "Hmph. Duly noted."
I chuckled and lightly patted his cheek. He smiled, forgetting my teasing, and took my hand before pulling me down to sit next to him on the leather seat.
The bus started moving, and everyone else sat themselves down. Gustav sat next to Clara, who smiled so radiantly that her whole face seemed to glow; Georg sat on the small kitchen counter, swaying his legs and Bill sat on my other side on the seat.
"So, how'd the rest of the signing go?" Clara asked casually, clearly speaking to Gustav, but also pretending to ask the others.
Bill shrugged. "Same old."
Georg suddenly laughed, making us all look at him. "It wasn't all that boring. Bill, tell Bella and Clara what happened to Gustav."
My eyes landed on Gustav in curiosity, as did Clara's. He just stared wide-eyed at Bill.
"Oh yeah!" Bill said, slapping his forehead. "A few minutes after you girls left, this one chick actually leaped over the table and kissed Gustav! You had to be there to see the look on his face."
Gustav's face flushed with sudden embarrassment, and Clara's eyes widened. It was easy to see that this wasn't what she wanted to hear, since she was the one freaking out about the fan girls. But since the boys had no idea of her feelings toward Gustav, they didn't seem to notice.
Clara quickly cleared her throat, and shifted awkwardly in her seat. "Really? A fan did that?" The edge of panic in her voice was clear to me, but inconspicuous to them.
"Yeah," Gustav mumbled. "Pretty embarrassing."
Tom laughed, as he placed his arm on the couch, behind me. "I've never seen Gustav get so red in the face. It's almost as if he hated being kissed by a fan."
Gustav narrowed his eyes. "Well excuse me for not wanting people to invade my personal space," He muttered, his face getter redder.
Tom continued laughing. "Still, man. Why wouldn't you want to be kissed by a fan?"
I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. "Well, maybe it's because he isn't a man whore like yourself, Tom."
This made Bill and Georg snort in laughter. Tom rolled his eyes.
I smirked.
"You don't worry about things like that, do you?" He asked, creasing his forehead.
"What things?" I asked.
"You know. Like, fan girls. You know I'd never do anything, right?"
I shrugged, and looked down at my hands. "I know."
He stared at me dubiously. "Bella."
"Hmm?" I replied. It didn't feel good to have to talk about this in front of the others.
"I'm serious. I'd never do anything to hurt you. You don't have to worry about things like that when you're not with me."
"I know, Tom," I answered quietly.
He nodded, and pulled me closer to his side. "Good. And if I ever do anything to upset you, feel free to hit me upside the head with a shovel."
I let out a small laugh. "Duly noted," I quoted him.
"Ohh, can I help with the shovel?" Bill asked me teasingly.
He received a glare from his brother.

____

"Clara, are you okay?" I asked uncertainly, as I kicked off my shoes and placed them by the door.
We had gotten back to the hotel, and Clara was laid on her bed, face down. She hadn't talked much for the rest of the ride over here.
She mumbled something incoherent, as her face was buried in a pillow.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"
Her voice was muffled, and I still couldn't understand what she was saying. I finally just walked over to her bed, and forcefully rolled her over, until she was looking up at me.
I looked at her, confused. "What's wrong?"
She pressed her lips together in a hard line, refusing to talk.
I sat myself down on her bed, and waited for her reply. She saw that I wasn't going to give up easily, and she sighed, rolling her eyes.
"It's obvious," She finally said.
I raised an eyebrow. "What is?"
"Someone kissed him, Belle," She stated quietly, and I knew she was talking about the fan girl.
"Clara, look. If you really like Gustav, then just tell him. Don't wait. Or else he'll see that you're not making a move and he'll just end up dating someone else."
She sighed frustratingly. "Why do I have to make the first move? He's the guy!"
"Hmm. Weren't you the one who once asked Tom out on a date? That's a guy thing."
"Yeah, but that was different. We're talking about Gustav, not Tom."
I half smiled. "Gustav is too shy and we all know that."
She tried very hard not to smile, but it didn't work.
"He's probably the shyest kid I've ever met. Of course he's not gonna say anything. But it's obvious he likes you. So why not just tell him?" I urged, patting her arm.
She looked at me thoughtfully, and abruptly sat up, startling me.
She grinned. "You're totally right. I can do this."
I smiled, and nodded. "Of course you can."
Her grin suddenly disappeared. Her expression was now frightened, eyes bulging.
"How do I even begin?" She whispered, chewing on her bottom lip.
"Just say 'Gustav, I like you'."
She made a face. "Sounds too childish."
I rolled my eyes. "Okay. Then say 'Gustav, I have feelings for you'."
"I don't like it."
"Clara!"
"It sounds corny. It's gotta be....mature yet sweet. Ya know what I mean?" She said, grinning crookedly.
I laughed, shaking my head. "Just say what you wanna say."
"But that's the problem, Belle! I don't even know what to say."
"I'm not seriously gonna have to do this for you, am I? Just say whatever comes to mind."
She exhaled loudly. "I might screw up."
"That's fine. Everyone screws up." I chuckled. "Take me, for example."
She laughed, and nodded. Then, she clapped her hands together. "Okay! I'm gonna do it."
She got up from the bed and slowly walked to the door. Then she turned around. "Wish me luck."
I smiled. "Good luck. You'll hardly need it, though."
She smiled back, and spun around, walking out the door.
I waited a while before I got off the bed, and walked out into the hall. Clara was already in Gustav's room. I quickly made my way towards the twins' room, and knocked on the door.
It took about two minutes for the door to open, and I was now facing Bill.
He grinned. "Sup?"
His hair was straightened, no longer with the flashy spikes. He looked like he was already in his pjs; black shirt, black pants and socks.
I smiled at him. "Is Tom there?"
"In the shower," He replied, pointing his thumb behind him in the direction of the bathroom.
I nodded. "Oh."
"Why? Do you need anything?" He asked, leaning against the door frame.
I shrugged. "I'm bored."
He raised an eyebrow, and a smile pulled up at the corners of his mouth. "Bored?"
I nodded.
His smile became mischievous. "I know a way we can have fun."
I raised an eyebrow. "I'm intrigued."
He laughed, and pushed the door open. "Follow me," He said, flexing his index finger. I obliged, and quickly shut the door behind me as I followed Bill deeper in the hotel room. He led me toward the bathroom door, where inside, I could hear the water from the shower running and a humming noise.
I looked at Bill. "What are we doing?"
He grinned. "Just watch. And try not to make any noise."
I merely nodded, still not getting what the hell we were doing outside the bathroom. He slowly, and quietly, opened the bathroom door, and stepped in, me following like an idiot.
I tried very hard to hold in my laughter, as Bill and I heard Tom humming an unknown song and then began singing.
I clasped a hand to my mouth, and Bill did the same, as we both held in our laughter.
Bill then walked up to where Tom's white cotten towel was hanging. He clutched the towel in his hands and placed it under his arm. My lips pressed into a line, still trying not to laugh, as I now understood what he was doing.
He was stealing Tom's towel.
Tom continued singing his song, completely oblivious to the fact that Bill and I were in there. Bill smiled another mischievous smile before going over to the toilet and flushing it.
My eyes widened, as I heard Tom's yells from behind the shower curtain.
Bill quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me outside the bathroom before Tom peeked out from behind the curtain.
Once we were out, I burst out laughing.
"That was the most childish thing we've ever done," I said, doubling over.
Bill too was laughing with me, still holding his brother's towel. "Admit it, though," Bill said. "You had fun."
I nodded. "That took the boredom away."
"BILL!" Tom's voice suddenly boomed from the bathroom, making us both jump in surprise.
Bill and I looked at each other, and we started laughing silently.
The water turned off, and we could hear the shower curtain open roughly.
"Where the hell's my towel?!"
Abruptly, Bill shoved the towel in my arms and ran away, leaving me standing there. But before I could even react or move, the bathroom door opened, and Tom's head stuck out behind it.
His face puckered once he caught sight of me.
"Bella? What are you-" He trailed off, suddenly looking down at the towel in my arms. He lifted his eyebrows, and I was afraid that he'd open the door further and reveal some things. Some private things.
"You stole my towel?" He asked, not sounding mad but confused.
I flashed him a nervous grin.
"Do you want me to chase you?" He asked, a sudden smirk playing on his lips. "If you don't mind my being naked."
I gasped shockingly, and thrust the towel in his hands. "No thank you. And besides, it was all Bill's idea."
I heard Bill gasp as he stepped out behind the ivory curtain, where he had been hiding the whole time. "Tattletale!"
Tom rolled his eyes, and he looked at his twin. "I should've known it was my demented brother."
Then his look turned sinister. "You will pay, Bill. When you least expect it, I'll be there."
Bill gasped mockingly, as he crossed his arms. "I'm so scared."
"You should be," Tom said calmly, then his eyes flickered to my face. "So should you, Bella. Better sleep with one eye open tonight." Then he flashed a grin and shut the door.
I looked over at Bill, not knowing if I should laugh or.....if I should laugh.
"He's mental," Bill said with a laugh.
I too laughed. "Should I really be scared?"
"Only if you want to."
"Hmm. I might be losing interest in all of this," I said thoughtfully. I then made my way towards the door of the room. "Sleep tight, Billy Boy."
He waved. "You know, I don't really trust my brother when it comes to threats. Maybe you should sleep with one eye open...just in case."
I rolled my eyes, knowing he was kidding. "Sure."
Bill grinned a cheeky grin. "Night, Bells. See you tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
We're alive and we drive to the center of it
Where we know we're all fine and this just can't be it
And in the end we all know we only breathe for so long
So tonight's the night we all roll along.