Dance With Me in This Rain

I Brought You My Bullets

"What are you doing at this exact moment?"
"Talking to you on the phone. Duh. Ask smarter questions."
Tom burst out laughing, making me laugh along with him.
"One week, Moore. All we have to do is wait seven more days before we can see each other again."
I smiled, shifting my body to the right side in my bed, wrapping the sheets around me.
It was a little past midnight and Tom had called me, saying he couldn't sleep.
"You're not hooking up with any German girls, are you?" I questioned.
I heard him snort. "Way to ruin the mood."
"What? I was just asking." I laughed.
"Freak."
"Jerk."
He laughed. "Ich liebe dich."
"Awww. Ich liebe dich auch."
"I miss you speaking german. Did I tell you it's cute?"
I grinned. "Yeah. Many times. That's why I keep doing it."
He laughed again. "Where are you right now?"
"My room," I answered, staring up at the ceiling. "In the dark."
"Wow, gloomy. Why in the dark?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. Cause I'm too lazy to turn the lights on?"
"Always a lazy ass," He chimed. "But don't worry. I still think you're cute."
"Danke. So are you."
He snickered.
I sighed out, rubbing my head. I was feeling terrible again. What the hell was going on with me?
"Hey, are you okay? You sound really tired. Maybe we should hang up so you can sleep."
I snuggled my head into my pillow. "No, no. I'm just feeling sick. Keep talking to me."
"Wait a sec. Sick again? Do you have a cold or something?"
"No, I don't think so. I just feel like my whole body is limp and like, I get tired really fast. But it's fine. I'll just sleep it off," I assured.
"How come you get sick right after I leave? Your sister's taking care of you, right?" He questioned.
"It's no biggie, Tom. I just take medicine. And yeah, Danni's with me almost everyday. I'm getting tired of her actually." I laughed quietly. "Nah, I'm just kidding."
"Maybe you should go to the doctor. Ya know, just to make sure it isn't anything serious."
Okay, now he was scaring me. What if it was something serious?
"But I hate doctors," I whined childishly, making him laugh.
"Who doesn't? But, Bells, just promise me you'll go. Don't make me worry about you. Otherwise, I won't be able to concentrate onstage and there's a good chance Tokio Hotel can get booed off stage for the very first time."
I made a face. "Hmm. I don't want to be the cause of that."
"No, you do not. You know I worry about you like crazy."
I breathed out. "But do I really have to? I'm already taking meds for my headache."
"Belle, would you stop acting like a fucking five year old? I'm the one who does that!" He laughed. "Seriously, though. Can you go? For me?"
I sighed theatrically, shifting in bed again. "Fine."
"Can I trust you?" He asked in a serious tone.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."
He snorted. "So convincing. I'm just saying, it's better to go to a doctor who can prescribe you the right medication instead of suffering at home with headaches and dizziness."
I bit my lip. "I hear you. I'll go, okay?"
"Great!" He squealed. "And take your sister with you."
I laughed scornfully. "Okay, dad. I will."
"Shut up," He laughed back. "Alright, I'll let you sleep."
"Kay."
"Gute nacht, schönes Mädchen," He said, and I instantly melted inside. I knew exactly what that meant. He had said that exact same line to me countless times.
"You never get sick of saying that, do you?" I laughed a little.
"Nope. Got a problem with that?"
"Not in the least."
"Great. Then I'll keep saying it until it drives you insane."
I laughed. "That won't happen."
"Yeah?"
"Yes," I answered then quickly added, "And that's no sarcasm included."
"Oh, good. Now, be a good girl and go to sleep. Tomorrow you go to the doctor and report back to me as soon as you can."
I rolled my eyes. "Right away, Spock."
"Fuck you," He laughed. "Sleep well, Moore. I love you."
I laughed quietly.
"Love you, too." I said, before hanging up and tossing the phone aside.
Damn, I miss him.
I stared up at the ceiling again. I hoped I wasn't really sick. I had felt headaches like this before in my life, but with all the dizziness and fatigue, going to the doctor's for a checkup probably didn't seem like such a bad idea.

__________

"Bella, you look like shit," Darcy graciously commented, as she took her usual place on the stool behind the counter and opened a gossip magazine in front of her.
"Thanks," I replied sarcastically, cleaning the small sink with an old rag. There were only four people at the coffee house. Two couples who sat at the small tables near the window.
"Do you smoke?" She asked, popping her bubblegum between her teeth.
I eyed her weirdly. "No. I hate cigarettes."
She laughed. "I'm not talking about cigs, honey."
I rolled my eyes and went back to cleaning. "No, Darcy, I don't use drugs."
She shrugged. "Oh."
I dropped the rag in the sink and spun around to face her. "Do I really look that bad?"
"Your hair is inexplicable," She replied, popping her gum again.
I sighed and began combing my fingers through my hair, trying my best to get all the tangles out.
"I woke up a bit late this morning and I didn't really have time to do my hair," I stated, pulling it all up into a bun.
Darcy looked up from her magazine. "You look really pale, too. Are you sick?"
"I don't know. Probably," I answered with a shrug. "Maybe I'm coming down with a cold."
"That's too bad."
I nodded. "Tell me about it. I'm going to the doctor after work."
"Ugh. Now I really feel bad for you, Moore." She shook her head. "And I'm not one to feel bad for people."
I raised an eyebrow. "Um...I don't even know how to respond to that."
She shrugged. "It doesn't really need an answer."
I gave her a strange look. Just when I thought this girl couldn't get any weirder.
The ringing bells on top of the door of the shop interrupted my thoughts on Darcy. My head turned and I saw my sister walking in. Once she spotted me she made her way over.
"Hey," I said, stuffing my hands in my apron. "What are you doing here?"
"Didn't you say you had to go to the doctor?" She rested her hands on the counter.
"Well, yeah, but my shift isn't over yet."
She made a face. "And you can't get off early?"
I shook my head. "No."
Darcy shifted in her stool as she looked up from her magazine. "Hey, just go, Bella. I'll tell Rachel you got really sick and had to go to doctor before you hurled on the floor. She'll understand."
Danni looked at Darcy strangely.
"Really, you'd do that?" I questioned, cocking a brow.
She shrugged. "You're sick, aren't you?"
I bit the corner of my lip nervously. "Okay. Thanks, Darcy. I owe you," I said, before taking my apron off and folding it neatly.
"Sure, sure," She said, chewing her gum.
I took my bag and swung it over my shoulder as I left the back of the counter.
"Thanks again, Darcy. Bye," I called, taking Danni's arm and dragging her out of the coffee house. Once we were outside in the mildly cold air, we began walking towards her car.
"What's up with that girl? She looks like a freak," Danni stated, looking back once behind her shoulder.
I laughed. "Yep, that's usually the first impression she causes. I mean, she's a little weird but she's cool. Trust me."
"Are you two friends?" She questioned while we both got into the car.
I made a face as I buckled my seatbelt. "I don't really know."
This made her laugh. "You know some very weird people, Izzy."
I shrugged.
"So, how are you feeling today? More headaches?" She asked, sticking the key in the ignition and starting the engine.
"Yeah. What do you think it is, Danni? Could it be anything serious? Like some sort of rare disease?"
She rolled her eyes. "What the hell is so rare about headaches and laziness? You probably just have a fever."
I nodded. "Maybe you're right. I just hope I don't die," I joked, glancing over at her with a smirk.
"Oh, shut up!" She slapped my arm playfully. "You're such a hypochondriac."
I shrugged. "Maybe I am being a little too paranoid."
"I agree."
I laughed a little. "Tom's being a bit paranoid too, you know."
"Really, why?" She questioned, focusing on the road.
"He's the one who told me to go to the doctor. He says that if I worry him too much, he might not be able to concentrate onstage."
She raised an eyebrow. "That's what you get for dating a fucking rockstar."
I smiled.
She shook her head with a laugh. "He cares about you, that's all. Christian's like that with me. I'll admit, it does get annoying at times, but it's nice to know that someone cares about you that much."
"I know, right?"
She grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
The amount of pills I'm taking
Counteracts the booze I'm drinking
And this vanity I'm breaking
Lets me live my life like this.