Sequel: Forever

You And Me Together

Congratulations!

I got out of the car, and walked up to the door. After knocking only once, the door swung open.

"You're back! How'd it go?" Joe asked, pulling me inside. I giggled.

"Do you want me to repeat his words?" I asked. He nodded, grinning.

"'Congratulations!'" I sang. I watched his eyes widen.

"So you mean... I'm gonna... And your gonna... Parents?" He asked. I nodded.

"So we're gunna be uncles..." Nick said quietly. I looked over at him.

"Yup. And we're gunna be aunts! ... No wait, we're just friends of the family." Claire said, shrugging. I laughed.

"The baby can call you auntie." I said. Joe wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"So is it a girl or a boy?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I never asked. We'll see next time." I said, resting my head on his shoulder. I was tired, and hungry.

"Who else knows?" He asked. I paused to think.

"The doctor, you, me, and everyone else in this room." I said, pointing. I heard my stomach growl.

"Um... Was that your stomach, or an earthquake?" Katie asked.I laughed.

"I think both." I said, looking down. My stomach was still flat, thank goodness. Joe grabbed my hand, and lightly pulled me into the kitchen. He opened the fridge, and pulled out some cold burgers. I'm guessing they were leftover from the night before.

"Yeah, that's right. Go through my fridge without asking." Katie murmered. I smiled.

"Actually, you guys eat. I'll be back." I said, slipping away from Joe. He looked at me, confused.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I bit my bottom lip.

"Um... Out for a minute. I have my phone if you need me." I said, still smiling. He raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want me to come?" He asked. I paused to think. Did I?

"Uh... Do you want to?" I questioned him back. I was going to my parents. I know they didn't want anything to do with me, and I said I didn't want anything to do with them, but I did still want them in my life.

"Sure." He smiled, setting the food on the counter for everyone, and following me out.

"Where are you going?" Claire asked, curious.

"Uh... I'll tell you later." I said, slipping my shoes back onto my feet, and opening the door. Joe closed it after us, and stopped me.

"We're running away?" He kidded. I grinned, and shook my head.

"I need to talk to my parents." I said, pressing my lips together. He looked at me, like I had three eyes.

"Why?" He asked, a little meaner than he inteneded.

"I know they said they didn't want me in their life, and I said the same things, but I didn't mean it. I'm going to feel horrible if the baby doesn't know it's own grandparents... Other than your side. Please?" I asked. He sighed, and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Okay." He said, kissing my cheek. I smiled.

"You're so going to owe me when we get back to my house." He smirked. I lightly slapped his arm, and walked down the street.

"If they try and hurt you though, I'm taking you back to Katie's. I don't care if I have to drag you." He said, looking down at me. I nodded.

"That's fine, but I'd perfer if you didn't drag me." I said. He chuckled.

"Okay, I won't." He said, walking up the pathway to my house. I swallowed hard, and knocked lightly on the door, and bit my bottom lip.

"Coming!" I heard Arianna shout. At least it was her, and not my father. She swung the door open, looking at me.

"What're you doing here? I thought you didn't want anything to do with this family." She frowned. I shifted my weight to my other foot.

"Um... Can I talk to mom?" I asked. She sighed, and called for our mother. She ran to the door, dusting her hands off.

"... Alyssa? What're you doing here?" She asked. I looked over at Joe, and then back at my mom. I felt him gently squeeze my hand.

"I know I said I didn't want anything to do with you guys, and you said the same thing... But I don't want my baby growing up not knowing you guys. And I'm sorry for all the things I said, I didn't mean it. I was just mad. You guys did raise me right, at least in my book you did." I said, adding the last part more quietly. I watched my mom, wipe her hands off on her pants. I'm guessing she was baking.

"That's very sweet honey, but I think it's your dad you need to talk to... Liam!" She shouted the last part. I nodded, and stepped back a little. I felt my back hit Joe's shoulder.

"It's going to be fine." He whispered, rubbing my back. I nodded.

"What is it Heather?" My dad asked, walking to the door. He froze when he saw me.

"Dad... Liam. I'm sorry about what I said, I didn't mean any of it. I was just mad. But I don't want my baby growing up not knowing who you are. And if it helps... I think you both did a great job raising me, in my book." I said, looking down. I was scared to meet his eyes. I saw his feet come closer to my body. I shut my eyes tightly. I felt warm hands reached around my body, pulling me into a hug.

"So you forgive me?" I asked, hugging him back with one hand.

"I'm not entirely happy about what you did, but... I'll have to live with it." He said, pulling away. He looked over at Joe.

"... Welcome to the family." He said at last. I saw Joe grin.

"Thank you sir!" He said. I giggled a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo!
So um... I think I'm missing a chapter. I can't tell though. xD
And if I am, I don't know which one. Ugh.
Comments?

-Echo [Ash]