Call Me Crazy

Success!

It was lunchtime again. I walked over to a group of kids sitting near the steps. The first one to look up was a girl with her ebony hair pulled tightly into a ponytail.

“Hi?” she asked uncertainly, showing off her braces clad teeth as she did so. When she said this, the others around her looked to me as well.

“Hi, I’m Niki, and long story short, I’m running for homecoming queen,” I said, forcing a confident smile. A few of them smiled back warily.

“You know,” a guy with a bowl cut spoke up, “you wont win; you’re going to be running against Mackenzie”

“So I’ve heard,” I groaned, “but I don’t want her to win, and from what I’ve observed, many others feel the same way. So that’s why I’m here. It’s worth a try, right?”

“I’m in,” one of the girls said. I grinned and handed her the sheet. Everyone else nodded in agreement and signed as well.

“Thank you guys so much,” I said, smiling. I received a few nods and waves in response before I walked back to Kevin and Alexis.

“That, right there, is how you gain support,” I said with a cocky smile. Kevin just laughed.

“I know a better way,” he stated, smirking. When I responded with nothing more than a blank look, he lunged forward and began to tickle me. Laughter bubbled from within me before it erupted from my lips. He continued tickling and I kept trying to get away.

After what seemed like forever, I felt strong hands separate us. Out of breath, I looked up to see a smug Kevin, an amused John and Alexis, and Ben, standing between Kevin and I with a small smile plying upon his delicate lips.

I let out a huff of fake anger and walked over to John and Alexis. I heard Ben and Kevin follow me.

“As I was going to say before someone interrupted me,” I said, glaring at Kevin, who gave me a sheepish smile, “I now have enough signatures to be officially nominated.”

“Sweetness!” Alexis shrieked, jumping onto me with a hug. When she had let go I continued.

“They’ll announce all the nominees on Friday,” I informed them, “Obviously Mackenzie will be one of them, but I haven’t heard of any others.”

“It doesn’t really matter, does it?” John asked, “Since Mackenzie will dominate over any other girls in the running, most will drop out, so then all you have to do is not let her get to you.”

“Wow, that was logical,” I stated, my mouth a bit a gape.

“I’ve been told that before,” John said with a chuckle. I noticed Alexis smile and turn away.

“Mmm,” I said in agreement, still watching Alexis. What’s with the blush? I thought to myself. I looked to the guys to see if they had noticed it, but it appeared I was the only one.

The bell rang and I sighed. Linking arms with Kevin, we skipped to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok...where to start...

1. I am SOO sorry this took so long, it's getting really hard to keep updating regularly with school =[

2. I realize the title may not make sense... originally it made sense in my head, and I had thought of a way to tie it in, but now I feel if I do as I planned, it will seem weird... O_o

3. To clear up who Niki likes, Kevin is not one of them. In my mind, Kevin was bi, and does not like Niki any more than a friend. Kevin is just very random and hyper. ^_^

4. I have another chapter in the works, hopefully it will be longer than this one.

Much love to everyone who's sticking with the story =]

peace&love

Erin