Call Me Crazy

Dancing

I didn’t get a chance to get a good look at Mackenzie’s face because I had been pushed up to accept the rose and stand with the other members of the court. I was so lost in my own world that I didn’t notice Adam come up next to me as his name was announced. The crowd cheered one last time, and the DJ announced it was time for the homecoming court to dance.

“You ready?” Adams husky voice disrupted my thoughts. I looked up at him and nodded. I set my rose to the side and walked back to him. Putting my hands around his neck, and his hands at my waist, we began to rock to the slow beat of the song. Feeling his touch made me shiver, but I tried to push the feeling away. This is Mackenzie’s man. I repeated over and over to myself.

“How does it feel?” Adams voice broke through my mind barrier.

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused.

“That people voted for you, that you’re more popular than Mackenzie,” He explained. I thought over this for a while.

“I don’t think it really matters,” I mused, “Popularity has never mattered to me, and I just wanted this to prove that I could win, that boundaries don’t matter.”

“I see, and you definitely proved that you could,” He said, “You look hot tonight,” He whispered. I looked up at him, trying to decipher the look in his eyes. It wasn’t sincere, or dull, or playful. It was a mix of lust and some other emotions I couldn’t pick up on.

“Thanks,” I said softly; I was a bit unsure.

“Why’d you get all shy on me?” He asked, this time his eyes illuminated and joyous.

“You make me nervous,” I admitted, smiling at him.

“Well I shouldn’t, if anything it should be the other way around,” He laughed.

“What makes you say that? I questioned, biting my lip.

“You’re one of those independent girls, you’re different, you don’t take shit from anyone,” He explained. I blushed.

“Being independent isn’t that uncommon,” I tried. He laughed.

“You have no idea how uncommon it actually is. There are girls who will change themselves, who will throw themselves at me, and will do just about anything to get what they want. You’re not like that. You’re just that beautiful girl who is shy but loud, confident but not cocky, and I’m sure you wouldn’t change for anyone,” Adam explained. I was stunned. This guy knew how to charm.

“Wow, I…” I trailed off. The song had long since ended, and a faster song had come on, but we were still swaying and talking. He looked up too, clearly embarrassed. I stifled a giggle.

“Well, I should be going,” I said. I gave him a small smile before I turned away.

“See you later!” I heard him call after me. I approached our table with a smile on my face, however, not everyone was smiling back. Alexis and Kevin were the only ones who didn’t look like there was a stick up their ass. John was glaring at me and Ben was not even looking at me.

“Hey,” I greeted them, uncertain. Ben looked up. I couldn’t read the look in his eyes. Alexis noticed the tension, and got up. She walked up to me and pulled me away.

“What’s wrong with them?” I asked, concerned.

“It doesn’t matter right now,” Alexis said, brushing it off. She pulled me to the dance floor where people were ‘dancing’ though it looked more like a competition to see who could rub their body against the most people. I shuddered. The rap music was still playing, but we made our way to the front, near the speakers, and started to dance like idiots, making up our own words, and mocking the in sync dance steps that everyone seemed to know.

After what seemed like only minutes later, though it had probably been a half hour. A slow song began to play. It was then that I remembered. I hurriedly walked back to the table, Alexis close behind me, and came up to Ben. He looked up at me; the look formerly on his face was replaced with a small smile. It made me glad that there wasn’t something still bothering him. Either that, or he could hide his emotions really well.

“Dance?” I asked simply. His smile got bigger and he stood up and walked me over to the dance floor. His hands went to my waist, just like Adam had, and I put my arms upon his shoulders. It wasn’t as awkward as I had thought it would be, considering we were dancing as friends.

“You’re homecoming queen,” He stated, studying my face. I was not uncomfortable under his gaze though. It’s like he was just observing, not analyzing.

“Yeah,” I said softly. It looked like he was going to say something else, but he shut his mouth and glared across the room. I turned my head to look. It appeared he was glaring at Adam. Ignoring his glare, I smiled at Adam; he smiled back.

Ben turned back to me, “That guy has to watch who he’s checking out.” He grumbled. I giggled.

“He’s not all that bad,” I defended him.

“Who’s not all that bad?” A voice came from behind me. I turned around to see a grinning Adam. I turned to look at Ben; he was glaring.

And for the second time that night, the only thing running through my mind was, Oh Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, here it is. Thank you to everyone who commented =D
It was about split down the middle, so let's say I had an Epiphany, and decided to go with the longer version ^_^

Oh, and i've started a new story, As You wish. I'd love it if you'd check it out =D
Comments por favor??

Peace&Love, Erin