Call Me Crazy

Mike

I entered the math room and quickly scanned for John, I spotted him in the back corner of the room and made my way towards him. He looked up and his lips stretched into a smile that reached his clear, blue eyes. I smiled back and sat down next to him.

“How was homeroom?” he asked.

“Erm, it was ok. Kind of boring, but I think I pissed of the teacher, Mr. Stewart or something,” I said with a smile. John’s eyes widened.

“Mr. Stewart is also one of the history teachers, do you have him?” he asked. I got out my schedule and scanned to find my teacher. Sure enough, Mr. Stewart was my history teacher.

“You’re on his bad side, you know that?” John said with a cocky smile. I growled.

“Yes, I’m aware of that, Alexis informed me of that during homeroom,” I said through clenched teeth. I banged my head down on the desk, letting my cheek rest on the cool surface of the desk.

“What’s the worst that could happen?” I asked in an attempt of redemption.

“He holds grudges,” was all John said, still smirking at me.

“Shoot me now,” I said looking up at him. John opened his mouth to reply when the bell rang and the teacher called attention to the front of the room.

“Good morning class, it seems we have a new student,” he said, squinting down at a sheet of paper, “Nichole Jacobson?”

“Um, yeah, that’s me,” I said, waving awkwardly.

“Ah, Miss Nichole, is that what you like to be called?”

“Erm, no. I go by Niki,” I said.

“Ok then, I’m Mr. Carson, welcome!” he exclaimed before starting attendance. I watched the tall, lanky man as he read of the names. Mr. Carson was the perfect example of a geeky math teacher.

I scanned over the classroom, recognizing many faces. A group of preps that I remembered as “friends” of Mackenzie and a some nerdy guys playing with their calculators or fiddling with their pens.

I recognized one of them as Mike Larson, an average sized guy wearing New Balances, basic jeans, and a button down shirt. He had been one of my close friends in elementary school, but when middle school started, Ashleigh, my only other close friend, had pulled me away from him, claiming he was social suicide. I managed to stay as close to him as possible during middle school, by ‘studying’ with him after school, when we were really just talking.

I had hated that whenever I was caught associating with him, I was immediately teased about it. I had always thought, “So what” whenever I was confronted about having a nerdy guy friend. Rumors would fly that we were secretly dating, but we both denounced that whenever it came up. We were friends, and just that.

Freshman year was the worst. Ashleigh tried to stick up for me the most she could, but I knew it was wearing down on her. In order to keep my only girl friend, I ditched Mike for good to save my reputation. Not that it did much to help. I was still picked on and the worst part was, I ruined my friendship with Mike. I’m sure that if I came to him now, he would ignore me, and I don’t blame him. I walked right over him, and I deserve whatever he sends my way.

When the bell rang signaling the end of class, I sprung up and began talking to John again. I was almost out the door when someone lightly grabbed my arm. I turned around and immediately felt the guilt creep back upon me.

“I’m so sorry,” I let out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloooo everyone who actually reads my story!!!

The next few chapters start to go deeper into the plot, so I hope it will get more interesting!

Comments??

Peace&Love, Erin