Warmness on the Soul

Chapter One

A year has passed since my beloved cousin died, I moved in with Zacky so that I could take care ofhis our baby, since I had joint custody. It was only fair as he was going to quit the band to take on the role of full time dad, and I am sure Danni wouldn’t want him to leave his dream, even for their child. Besides her last words to me were “Elora, if anything happens to me, I want you and Zacky to look after my baby.”

Lucinda first birthday party was today and all the gang was coming over, to celebrate. Zacky had organized everything magnificently; he planned a whole Alice in Wonderland theme. In addition, there was a marquee in the backyard with a hug table surrounded by flowers and slightly bizarre ornaments. The cake was slightly strange and had slightly tilted layers, and bore the colors of bright pink and yellow. Tamby still had Jimmy and Johnny fighting furiously over her. However they remained the best of friends through it. Tamby has them taking her out on dates, to prove they want her affection. However she was living with Jimmy at the moment and Johnny’s affections towards her seem to be dwindling.

The past year also saw the getting together of Brian and Michelle, for the second time. Val wasn’t exactly so happy her sister was back on the scene, they never really saw eye to eye. Michelle especially did not like Val now that she had a fan base thanks to the band’s All Excess DVD. Michelle since we had last saw her hadn’t done much, she went to college however dropped out after she lost her cheerleading scholarship. She had been working as a check out operator at the local 7/11 and that’s were Brian met her.

Matt and Val got engaged on New Year’s Eve, and their wedding was planned for the 26th July. Therefore, we have been busy planning everything, from the dress, flowers, venue, and music. She had a beautiful gown with a beaded corseted body. Her veil reached to the ground with pearls lacing it sporadically. Tamby and I were her bridesmaids and where wearing strapless black dresses that fell to the floor, how ever they hooked up so it looked like it was scrunched. Just below the breast a baby pink ribbon was tied into a bow and fell to the knee. This was the same for Lucinda’s flower girl however that was held up by straps.

Enough on the past and back to the present, I was in the kitchen pouring drinks for Val, Tamby and I. Val was holding Lucinda playing with her beautiful black hair. I smiled and handed the girls their drinks when a piercing voice filled the room.

“Hi girls!” said Michelle, coming over and hugging me. I rolled my eyes, which Tamby recognized this and almost chocked on her vodka and orange juice.

“Hey Michelle, I see you got off work,” I said handing her my drink and pouring another one for myself.

“Yeah I wouldn’t miss this for the world, plus Brian was so persistent I really couldn’t say no!” she said sipping on her drink.

“How bout we take Lucinda out to the guys?” Val asked Michelle and she nodded. Val picked up Lucinda and walked out with Michelle, turning around and winked.

“God, I hate her,” said Tamby when they were finally outside.

“That makes two of us,” I said gulping down my whole drink and pouring another one.

“Let’s go out side and watch Lucinda unwrap her presents,” I said picking up my glass and making my way outside to the marquee.

“Hey there Elora long time no sees?” said Zacky’s younger brother Matt.

“Yeah, Matt right?” I said smiling back at him hitting him playfully in the arm

“Yeah dork face, so are like my brother and you like together?” he said, I was a bit taken aback by this.

“What makes you think that?”

“Well all he talked about in high school was a getting a girl named Elora and well you were best friends, and well mum keeps talking about Zacky and Elora so I was just curious,”

“Oh well um, no we aren’t, I just look after your niece whilst he is on tour,” I said blushing.

“Oh cool then, nice joint you have here by the way,” he said giving me a one arm hug and went of to join him mother and father.

“Okay time to start the present opening!” Zacky announced, and everyone gathered around the table of presents.

“Oh me first!” said Jimmy handing Lucinda her present but she looked at it confused.

“Let me help you with that,” said Zacky pulling off the wrapping paper, revealing a huge teddy bear with Lucinda’s name on it. Her eyes opened and she engulfed it in a huge hug causing every one to ‘aw’.

“Matt and My present are next!” said Val giving Zacky a present to open. He unveiled a beautiful handmade quilt, which had pictures of Lucinda growing up, as well as a picture of Danni on it.

“That’s beautiful Val,” I said hugging her; I felt her head nod as she hugged back.

“Okay mine and Elora’s is next,” said Zacky, Zacky had gotten a mini Schechter Guitar made for her so she could begin to become the rock star like her daddy. I had gotten her a charm bracelet, so she could collect many memorable things along her life long journey.

“Oh you guys will love what me and Brian got,” Michelle said and handed an unwrapped LeapFrog Discovery Ball.

“Thank for everything guys,” said Zacky, “I have to go inside for a bit,” he said. Val looked at me with the ‘follow him’ face so I did.

“Zacky are you okay?” I said nearing Zacky, “Zacky are you crying?”

“It’s been a year, I can’t do this alone El.”

“I’m hear Zacky.”

“Yeah, but you need to have a life too. You shouldn’t have to spend the rest of your days looking after a child that isn’t yours.”

“But I want to,” I said putting my hands on his shoulders.

That’s when it happened; he looked me deep in the eyes and pulled me in for a kiss. He kissed me with such passion that I could only ever remember Brian doing at the very start of our relationship. We only parted after we heard Val yelling for us to cut the cake.