In Silence It Hurts More

Chapter 10

Hayley’s POV

----At the Cafeteria----

I walked in and saw the guys at a table not far away from us. (A/N: she said ‘us’ so she’s not alone and we all know who she’s with right?! *wink wink*) They were sitting there minding their own business—eating.

I walked up to them and said, “Hey guys, mind if I interrupt?”

This is weird. No one answered. What?! Am I invisible?!

“Uhmm..hey, I got something to tell you guys.”

And again, they just sat there and ate not minding what I’m saying. What’s wrong with them?

“Well..I..ugh I mean we..talked things…over and well…we agreed…to tell you guys were..” I said with a shaky voice.

“Getting married?” Frank interrupted with sarcasm.

“Huh?” I raised a brow confused at his remark.

“Nothing..go on.”

“Kevin and I are dating.” I gulped.

“What the fuck?!” Ray, Mikey and Bob raised their heads in surprise.

“About time you told us.” Frank said sarcastically.

“What do you mean?” I asked with suspicion and a bit of anxiety as sweat started to drip from my forehead.

“I caught you in the act.” He said firmly.

“So you guys knew?”

“Only Gerard and I.” Frank answered again with firmness still in his tone.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Mikey asked Frank interrupting our conversation.

“Well, it just slipped my mind.”

“Right,” Mikey said prolonging the 'i'.

“It’s true!”

Not listening to Mikey and Frank’s conversation, I looked around and saw no Gerard.

“Where’s Gerard?” I just asked no one in particular.

Frank’s POV

“He…well..he ugh..he’s--”

“He doesn’t wanna come out of his room.” Mikey cut me off.

“We also tried calling his phone this morning but he didn’t answer.” Bob said joining in the conversation.

“Why?” Hayley asked with concern in her tone.

“We don’t know.” I lied. No wait, actually isn’t a lie. I really don’t know. All I remember was our argument yesterday. Oh my god what if he…

I need to see him. Now!” Hayley said which eventually snapped me back to reality.

“Now?! What the fuck?! Hay, classes will start in less than 30 minutes.”

“Forget it. I’m cutting.”

“What?!”

“You heard me. C’mon. Please Frank.” She pleaded.

“You sure?” I asked looking into her eyes.

She nodded firmly. I stood up and turned to the others.

“Coming?”

“I’m not cutting.” Mikey said scrunching his eyebrows.

“Is he coming?” I said gesturing at Kevin

“Yeah.” He nodded.

“I believe I didn’t catch your name.” Kevin added.

“Frank.” I said without looking at him.

“Kevin.” He said stretching out his arm for a handshake.

“I know who you are. Aren't jocks supposed to be popular?” I replied with sarcasm as I started walking.

Noticing that no footsteps were following me I turned around and saw Hayley and Kevin standing there and staring back at me.

“If you don’t want to go now, we could go after class, Frank.” Hayley told me. Why the sudden change of mind?
“Gerard needs us.” I breathed.

“Who knows what’s happening there right now. So you guys coming or not?” I added.

“Right.” Both of them nodded and started on our way to my car.

We’re now here at the front door of the Way house. Realizing that there is no point of knocking or even ringing the doorbell because Gerard won’t even bother to open and Mr. and Mrs. Way are at work, we turned the knob and fortunately the door is open.

We made our way to Gerard’s room. I opened his door and all of us were shocked at the sight we saw. It was worse than before. Gerard is still I the same corner of his room where he was before and still wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday. Bottles were scattered on the floor. There is also one in his hand right now. There is also this small jar with pills scattered around it. The hell?

“Oh my god! Gerard! What happened to you?” Hayley said with concern in her tone as she ran to Gerard. She crouched down and placed her hand on his shoulder.

“Leave me alone.” Gerard shrugged making Hayley take her hand off his shoulder.

“What’s the matter?”

“Nothing.” Gerard said in almost a whisper.

“It doesn’t look like nothing.” Hayley replied firmly.

"Leave." Gerard shut his eyes tightly and shook his head.

“I can’t leave you like this.”

“There’s nothing you could do now leave!” Gerard stood up and raised his voice at Hayley.

“Please. Let me help you.” Hayley pleaded.

“I said there’s nothing you could do okay! Just go! Leave me alone!” Gerard shouted.

“Gerard…” Hayley said in a low tone and shook her head trying to hold back her tears.

She walked back to us with her head bowed down.

"We've lost him." She choked.

“Go back in the car.” I told them not minding what she said. No we're not losing him!

“Yeah let’s go Kevin.” Hayley said in a low tone.

“I’ll catch up with you guys.” I said and went in Gerard’s room.

I sat down with him and looked into his bloodshot eyes.

“I know you’re jealous.” I whispered.

He stared at me with bloodshot eyes and said, “Everyone does. Who knows this would answer my question. I should’ve known Hayley would never like me as more than a friend. What kind of fool am I?”

I stared at his tear-stained face. This isn’t happening to him again.

“You're not a fool for loving someone. There are others out there. Gee, you’ll find someone else.”

“Not like Hayley. She’s one of a kind. No one could ever take her place.”

He’s so pitiful. No one expected something like this to happen…again actually. He had already gone through a relapse before. But this time, I wont let it last long. I mean it.

“Well, I better be going Gee. Hayley and Kevin are waiting for me at the car. We'll check on you later.”

I didn’t get any answer from him. I stood up and made my way out of his room closing the door silently.

“This isn’t happening to Gerard.” I told myself and sighed.