What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 1

Hello, my name is Maryann Price. I live in Saint Louis, Missouri. I live with my mother, my father, my older brother Jr and younger brother Max. I think my family is a regular life. Except for my mother, she loved to abuse me.

Mom would always say “ I wish I never gave birth to you, Maryann.”

I would cry at this, because I felt that it was true. My mother had been raped after Jr was four and she got pregnant with me. My adoptive father was always nice to me, and would stick up for me. I really loved my dad, because he seemed to be the only one who loved me.

Today, Monday, new day at school and I hated that. My mom went up to Jr's room and saw him changing into his uniform.

Jr smiled and said “ Hello, mother. How are you this morning?”

Mom smiled and said “ I'm just fine. How is my favorite son?”

Jr chuckled and said “ I'm just fine. Getting everything ready for my first day of college.”

Mom nodded and said “ Let me go wake up your idiot of a sister.”

Jr frowned and said “ Mom, leave her alone. She has done nothing to deserve this.”

Mom said “ Yes, she did, she was born.”

Jr sighed and continued to get dressed.

Mom walked into my bedroom, slapped me and said “ Whore, wake up!”

I looked at mom, crawled to the wall and mom said “ Get ready, you dirty whore.”

Mom walked out of my room and went down to wake Max up for school. I got up, grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, got dressed and sat on my toilet. I pulled out my blade and I cut four times on my wrist. I covered the blood and I walked back into my bedroom. I grabbed my arm covers and I put them on.

I walked into the kitchen were dad was serving us breakfast. I took a seat and dad gave me a plate. I began to eat and mom came into the kitchen. Mom looked at me and slapped the fork out of my hand.

Dad said “ Dear, don't be hard on Maryann.”

Mom laughed and said “ She deserves no one's pity.”

I reached for the fork, grabbed my plate and put it into the sink. I kissed dad, grabbed my backpack and left the house.

Dad said “ Baby, don't treat her like this. She is not to blame for what happened.”

Mom chuckled and said “ I don't care. Why do you stick up for her?”

Dad said “ Because she is the only little girl I've got.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think