What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 2

Max said “ Well, I'm going to school.”

Mom said “ Let me drive you.”

Max asked “ But why? I got to the same school Maryann goes to.”

Mom said “ She can walk, come on.”

Max sighed and Jr said “ Mom, give me a ride.”

Mom nodded, grabbed the car keys and they went to the car. It took me fifteen minutes to walk to school. I saw Max saying good bye to mom and I felt sick. I walked up to the school, got my schedule and walked to homeroom.

Once there, many students came in and said “ Look, it's Ms. Emo herself.”

I looked down and they all began to laugh.

Another student came in and said “ Guys, lay off of Maryann.”

I looked at him and thought the popular boy stuck up for me.

A girl asked “ Why should we? She is nothing but pain.”

Another boy said “ I'm with Jen, she is a pain. Why would you stick up for her, Mack?”

Mack said “ Because, she has done nothing for you to treat her like that. She is a really sweet girl.”

I looked up at Mack blushing and I looked down. The others began to laugh and stopped when Mack walked over to me.

I looked up at Mack blushing and Mack said “ Hi, Maryann, how are you today?”

I said “ I've had better days.”

Mack nodded and asked “ Want to have lunch with me?”

I blushed darker and everyone looked at us, mouthes open.

I nodded and said “ Sure, I'd like that.”

Mack blushed and said “ I'll see you then.”

Mack took a seat next to me and everyone glared at me. Our teacher walked in and began homeroom. We all got counted and class was over. I walked to my locker, opened the combination and placed my backpack inside. I grabbed my notebook, a pencil and my math book.

Mack ran up to me and asked “ What's your next class?”

I lifted my math book and Mack grinned. Mack grabbed my arm and pulled me to our math class.

Once there, the teacher said “ Students, please pick a partner.”

Mack sat next to me and the teacher gave us an assignment together. Mack and I spoke about the problem and we came up with a few conclusions.

When the teacher asked us, I said “ There is no one answer, the problem can branch out into many problems.”

The teacher clapped and said “ You two are correct. There is no one answer to this problem.”

Mack looked at me blushing and I looked down blushing. Once class was over, Mack walked me to my locker and I placed my math book inside. Mack held my hand and we walked into the lunch room. I noticed many angry glances at me.