What A Family Shouldn't Be

Chapter 53

I began to feel sick, to know that my husband, someone I was going to spend my life with wanted another woman. I began to gag, put Jr down on the floor and I ran into the bathroom. I sighed, washed out my mouth and I fed Jr dinner. Bob went into his car, got his cell and called Kaitlin. Kaitlin picked up the phone, smiled and told Bob were she and the kids were at. Once Bob arrived, both kids looked at Kaitlin smiling.

Little Jake asked “ Mom, what is he doing here?”

Bob looked at him weird and said “ Your mom told me that the two of you missed me.”

Jake chuckled and said “ Far from it, we love our real dad.”

Bob looked at Kaitlin and asked “ Why did you lie to me?”

Kaitlin said “ To get you away from that woman.”

Bob said “ You just made me leave a perfectly good relationship for something like this. I'm leaving.”

Kaitlin watched as Bob turned to go and asked “ Do you think she wants you back? After you left her at home with your son and carrying?”

Bob turned to face Kaitlin, began to cry and said “ Oh, I hope nothing bad ever happens to you for being such a good liar.”

Kaitlin laughed as Bob walked away and smiled at herself for breaking us up. After two months, I was at my new home with Jr, reading a paper about twins as I rubbed my belly. I sighed, looked to the fireplace where wedding photos of me and Bob sat. I began to cry, wiped my tears and I hated what Kaitlin did to our marriage.

After a day, Bob came to see Hima and spoke to her about what Kaitlin did to him. Hima sighed, gave Bob my new address and Bob hugged her. Bob got back into his car, drove to my place and saw me sitting in the glass patio. Bob got out of his car, came to the door and rung the doorbell. I sighed, got up and I figured it was Hima. I yanked the door open, stood there stunned as Bob embraced me.

Bob breathed into my hair and said “ Maryann, please, forgive me for all I've done.””

I asked “ How did you get my new address?”

Bob said “ I saw Hima, told her everything that Kaitlin did to me.”

I said “ I thought you an her would be in the Bahamas living it up.”

Bob said “ No, she only got me to go to split us up, she had no intention of taking me back.”

I looked at Bob shocked, touched my belly and said “ Come in, you can see the picture of the twins.”

Bob smiled, came into my house and looked around.

Bob saw our photos on the fireplace and I said “ It didn't feel right not to have them.”

Bob nodded, smiled and kissed my lips. I kissed him back, pulled out the picture and Bob looked at our twins.

Bob smiled and said “ They''re going to be a lively bunch.”

I chuckled, smiled and Jr called “ Mama.”

I smiled, walked into the playroom and Jr was up by a pile of blocks he had made. I smiled and said “ What a very good boy.”

Jr smiled, hugged me and Bob walked into the playroom.

Jr looked at Bob shocked, began to cry and said “ Daddy.”

Bob smiled, kneeled and held out his arms. Jr smiled, ran into Bob's embrace and it truly was a picture perfect moment. I smiled, watched them bond and Jr smiled. I smiled, sat at the table and Bob smiled at me. Bob took a seat next to me, told me everything that happened when he left me back two months and I couldn't believe someone could be so mean. Well, scratch that, she was always this way. I sighed, looked at Jr and saw Jr playing with his leap frog. I smiled, called Jr to me and we all helped each other. I smiled, knew we would be a family and I couldn't ask for more.

In a month, I was watering my garden when I began to feel pain. Bob and Jr were in the back yard playing baseball, or at least Jr was learning to.

I called “ Bob, please, come here.”

Bob held Jr's hand, walked over to me and asked “ What's wrong?”

I looked at Bob, heard a splash and looked down to see that my water had broken.

Bob said “ Watch Jr, I'll go get your slippers and your bag.”

I nodded, held Jr's hand as we walked to the car. Bob quickly came out of the house, locked the doors and unlocked the car. I let Jr sit in first, felt a contraction and I decided to take a seat.

Bob opened the trunk, put my bag and slippers inside, shut the trunk and ran over to the drivers side. I chuckled as Bob was rushing and I figured he never was at a labor. I smiled, touched my belly as I felt another contraction. Bob fiddled with putting the key into the ignition and I just chuckled. Bob smiled to see that although I was in pain, I had a sense of humor. Once Bob got the key into the ignition, he pulled out of our driveway, got onto the street and drove to the hospital. Once there at the hospital, Bob got out of the car, grabbed a wheelchair and ran back to the car. I sat in the wheelchair, waited and Bob gathered my things and carried Jr. Once inside, I spoke with a nurse who had me fill out a few papers.

I said “ Please, tell Dr. Duncan that I'm in labor, he is my doctor.”

The nurse nodded, paged Dr. Duncan and took my up to labor and delivery. Once in the room, I got up from the wheelchair, changed into a hospital gown and I sat on the bed. The nurses went around getting things and another nurse attached me to a few machines. I heard the babies heart beats were fast and I knew they wanted out.

Dr. Duncan came into my room and said “ Hello, Maryann, how are you feeling?”

I cringed at another contraction and Bob said “ She's in pain, how should she feel?”

I chuckled and said “ Bob, take it easy, everything at it's due point and time.”

Bob looked at me and Dr. Duncan said “ I'm guessing this is your first delivery.”

Bob nodded and said “ Yes, my second and third child, but my first delivery.”

Dr. Duncan nodded, looked at me and asked “ Would you like the epidural?”

I shook my head and said “ No, I want to have one regular delivery.”

Dr. Duncan nodded, smiled and said “ If you want, go ahead and walk around, or ask the nurse for the medicine ball.”

I nodded, lay onto my back and I felt another contraction. After twelve hours of labor, Bob was holding Harriot and Wiley.

I smiled, yawned and Bob said “ Thank you so much.”

I smiled and said “ Wow, I had five babies, four which are still living. I think we should call it quits on kids.”

Bob nodded, looked to the door and saw Hima, Mack, Mack Jr, Heather and George at the door. I smiled as Hima came in and looked at my twins.

Hima smiled and said “ Mom, they're beautiful.”

I smiled as I watched the rest of the family come in to look.

Mack said “ Wow, you guys were very busy when you made them.”

Bob and I both blushed to Mack's comment.

I smiled, looked at Dr. Duncan and said “ Tomorrow, I wish to get my uterus removed.”

Dr. Duncan nodded, looked around and saw my small family. I looked at Bob as he handed me the twins and I felt so happy. Once I was out of the hospital, Bob helped me so much with Jr and the twins. I was a very happy person that my life turned out to be so good. I had a wonderful husband, wonderful children and I couldn't be happier.