‹ Prequel: Breaking Away

When Two Become One

One of the Family

The cream colored, ranch styled house loomed before me. My feet were firmly planted to the concrete sidewalk the moment I had stepped out of Zacky’s SUV. My fiancé thought it would be a great idea to finally meet his family. Yeah, nothing like meeting your son’s pregnant fiancé after they had been dating for a good chunk of time. Getting dressed this morning was a hassle. Do I dress normal or do I try to impress them? At this point in time there was no use in hiding my stomach because no fabric could mask the fact that I looked like a beached whale. I had decided on a strapless pastel blue sundress that revealed a little bit of the tattoo on my breastbone. Zacky’s lips caressing my shoulder in the form of kisses soothed my body and mind.

“Zacky, I don’t think that I can do this.” I whispered.

“Baby, it won’t be terrible. I’m pretty sure that she knows enough about you to already have her mind made up anyway and since she invited us for lunch, I’m sure that she likes you.” Zacky assured me.

“Thanks Zacky.” she smiled as she kissed my cheek.

ZACKY’S POV

Ok, the truth was that I had no idea if my mom was going to like her or not. I had talked to her on the phone and told her everything about Sierra that I could think of. After my wife-to-be placed a kiss on my cheek I grabbed her hand and guided her up the stone path that belonged to my childhood home. I knocked a couple of times and waited with baited breath. Glancing over at Sierra I saw that she was biting her lip in nervousness. I gave her hand a squeeze just as the front door swung open to reveal my little brother Matt.

“Zacky, man, welcome home!” Matt said shaking my hand.

“Come on bro, enough with the formalities.” I laughed.

He nodded in agreement and then glanced over at Sierra. Matt wasn’t shy about eyeing her up and with Sierra shuffling nervously I sensed she knew it as well. Sighing, I smacked him in the back of the head and he begrudgingly moved aside.

“Mom, they’re here.” Matt called from the doorway.

A few pairs of feet shuffled in the kitchen and then my father entered. He shook my hand and then hugged Sierra, which surprised her.

“Don’t mind me.” he laughed as he let her go. “I’m just glad that someone tamed the savage beast that is my son.”

“Trust me Mr. Baker, it wasn’t that hard. You raised him well.” she smiled.

“Please, call me Keith. Theresa, get out here and meet your daughter-in-law.”

This was it. The second that she stepped out from the other room her eyes went immediately to Sierra’s belly. What happened next was a real shocker to everyone. Her eyes misted over and she ran to embrace Sierra.

“Thank you a thousand times! I’m going to be a grandmother because of you!” she cried.

My mother stepped back to look over Sierra. She smiled as she took in her appearance.

“Zachary, you have finally brought home a women that approve of and she is so adorable.”

Sierra’s face became flush with a deep scarlet color. I smiled with relief as I put my arm around her waist. My life finally seemed to be complete: a great group of friends, an incredible family, and a woman who loved me with her entire heart. I finally had everything that I ever wanted in life.

“I hope that you can handle two grandchildren Theresa. We’re having twin boys.” Sierra beamed.

“Oh my Lord! Twins, Keith, twins! Come here and give me another hug you lovely girl!”

The smile on my face couldn’t grow any larger as I watched my mom bring Sierra into the family. I quickly glanced at my watch and noticed that I was killing a lot of time so far. The guys needed as much time to finish my plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
once again, im sorry for the late update. ive been very busy with school.

hope you like it and leaves some comments for me!