Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Cupcake

“What’s the emergency?!” Adam asked as we ran inside the house.

“Emergency? What emergency?” The Butcher asked us, giving us a weird look. “Did you guys do anything illegal while you were out?”

“No, of course not,” I said, rolling my eyes. “Where’s Pete?”

“Try the music room. He said something about being inspired,” he suggested.

“Alright thanks,” I smiled at him, going up the stairs with Adam close behind.

“Pete, what’s the emergency?” I asked him, walking into the room filled with various instruments.

“Oh umm about that. Well if you want to know the truth… I missed you guys,” he said, smiling uneasily as I glared at him.

“You interrupted our outing and made it sound like something happened just so we could come home because you missed us?” I said through gritted teeth. “Don’t become the boy who cries wolf, because a couple more of these and you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll never trust you.”

Pete opened and closed his mouth several times like a fish out of water as I stormed out of the room.

“Chelsea…” Sisky said, encircling his fingers around my upper arm, slowing me down. “Umm don’t you think that was kind of harsh?”

“I… I… I yes,” I said with my voice cracking as I sank down to the floor. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Go on,” he said quietly, kneeling down to my level.

“It’s just I’ve been feeling moody lately and you telling me how homesick you were… it made me realize why I’ve been feeling that way. What if I get homesick in Chicago for L.A.? What if I’m a failure at what I do? Wh-“

“Stop, stop right there,” Adam commanded softly. “You will get homesick in Chicago but after a while you’ll start to feel that Chicago is your home. And if times get really depressing, I’m sure the big bosses will let you leave for a few days to come over here and visit your family. Also, you won’t be a failure, trust me. What you said to me today, that made me feel so much better and Bill told me yesterday how you cheered him up. You’re great at what you do and don’t think anything otherwise.”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” I whispered as I engulfed him in a tight hug. “I needed that.”

“It was my pleasure. It’s like that one saying… you scratch my back and I scratch yours,” he smiled. “So I take it you’re feeling better?”

“Much better,” I beamed, getting up and off the floor.

I offered my hand to Sisky and pulled him up.

“Tell me why bassists from Chi-town make great therapists,” I said as we went down the stairs.

“We do?” he laughed. “What makes you think that?”

“Well, usually I can tell Pete anything and everything bad happening with me and yesterday morning Jon helped me get through something and now I have you to add to the list,” I explained.

He nodded in understandment as we got to the living room. There was the usual chaos around the big screen but this time it was centered on a game of DDR. All the boys were crowded around Patrick and an unfamiliar looking brown flat ironed haired boy battling each other. I stood on my tippy toes to get a better look at him and fell down in shock; it was Alex Deleon from The Cab.

“Oh shit Chelsea! What happened?” Sisky asked, squatting to get a closer look at me.

“Oh umm nothing,” I said, shaking my head whilst sitting up. “But I’m fine now.”

“You sure?” he asked, lending me a hand to get up with.

I quickly accepted and nodded my head yes.

“Hi, I’m Chelsea May Cabado,” I waved, smiling brightly at the four boys made up the rest of The Cab. They all had curious looks on their faces and all sent me a small smile back.

“I’m Alex Marshall,” beamed a boy who looked like he got style tips from Ryan what with his vest and all. “And this is Alex Johnson, Ian Crawford, Cash Colligan, and that freak over there making a fool of himself is Alex Deleon.”

He gestured towards each respective band member as they waved save for the last one. Deleon was too intent on beating Patrick. We all continued watching them vie for the title of winner.

“I can’t believe I lost,” Alex Deleon said quietly, looking at the screen that clearly spelled out that Patrick had beat him by a mile.

“Dude, I’m tired. That was a freaking workout,” panted Patrick, sitting down on the couch. “Someone else go. I can’t do much after that.”

The boys looked around, deciding who should go next until Joe spotted me. “You guys, look,” he said, pointing right at me. “Chelsea May and Sisky are back. She should go against Alex; she’ll totally pwn his ass!”

“Umm no thank you,” I blushed, trying to hide behind Sisky.

He stepped aside and grabbed my shoulders.

“She’s all yours, kids,” he grinned.

“Do I have to?” I whined as Adam pushed me towards the DDR pad.

“Yes,” all the boys answered save for Alex Deleon he was giving me a confused look.

“Hi, I’m Chelsea May,” I smiled, sticking out my hand for him to shake.

“Alex Deleon,” he smiled back, giving my hand a firm shake.

“Enough of this!” complained Spencer. “Let the battle begin.”

“Sheesh, someone’s a little too excited,” I said then faced Alex D. “If you don’t mind I’d like to challenge Spencer for a game of DDR.”

The whole room was filled with various boys going “oooooooh” as Alex nodded and left the dance pad, leaving it free for Spencer to come on over.

“So do you accept my challenge or what?” I said cheekily.

“It’s so on,” he said as he trudged over to the mat with his hands balled into fists.

The boys got quiet as Spencer and I stepped on the various arrows gaining combos and points and all that jazz. We were reaching the finale of the song and by the points plastered on the screen, Spence and I were neck in neck. I shook my attention away from how many points we each had and focused on the difficult footwork the game was now presenting to me. I held my breath as the song ended and I conquered the last footwork required of me. I looked over to Spencer who in turn was also looking at me. We slowly turned our heads to find out who the winner was… it was me.

“Wooo! Go Chelsea! You totally pwned his ass,” cheered Cash Colligan, putting his hand up for a high five. I slapped it as others around me began to say the same thing of sorts while I stayed quiet.

“What? You’re not going to rub it in my face or anything?” Spencer asked quizzically. “You’re not going to do a victory dance or call me names?”

I shook my head no. “I’m above that, Spence. I don’t need to raise my self-esteem up by putting someone else down. You might have done something similar to that had you won, but I’m different.”

He flashed me a grateful smile as someone grabbed my waist and pulled me to their lap. I looked at the person and found it to be Will.

“Ello cupcake,” I beamed at him. “What are you doing?”

“Cupcake? Is that what we’ll call each other?” he asked with an amused look on his face. “Umm my lap was cold?”

“Umm that’s what I’m calling you. You have to find something else to call me,” I explained, trying to squirm out of his grasp. “Well that can be fixed with a pillow or blanket, not my ass.”

“Hi May,” The Butcher said from right next to Will and I.

“Hey Andy,” I smiled. “Do you think you can help me out?”

“Gladly,” he said as he jabbed Will at the side of his ribcage.

“Oww!” cried Will, releasing his hold from me. I took that time to get away from him and go up the stairs and back to the music room. I ran over to Pete and gave him a big hug as he sat at the desk, giving me an odd look.

“I’m sorry for reacting that way,” I apologized. “I now know that you wanted me to get here because triple Alex, Cash, and Ian were here. I should have let you explain first. Forgive me?”

“Already forgiven,” he smiled, facing me. “So you met them, correct?”

“Mhm, they all seem nice. Just like I pictured them to be,” I answered.

“Good,” Pete nodded. “Wait until you get to know them more. They’re good kids.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates readers :/ I've just been SUPER exhausted what with my pep flags team heading into the three weeks crunch until our FIRST competition. This is in honor of yet another release from TAI's new CD out on my birthday :D Comment / Subscribe