Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Empty Bottles of Gin

The moment I walked out of the room with Pete, I was surrounded by my band boys. Apologies were made and yet I didn’t forgive any of them because there was nothing to forgive. They had done nothing wrong and I let every one of them, especially Pete, know that I held none of them responsible. Looks of relief passed through the boys of The Academy Is… and Fall Out Boy and they each began to hug me.

“As much as I appreciate the love that you’re all showing me,” I started to announce to everyone while my main bitch and hoe, Andy and Joe, sandwiched me. “I want my damn surprise.”

“Someone’s cranky,” chuckled Patrick, ruffling the back of my hair. “Since Pete and Ashlee seem occupied, I’ll bring you to it.”

I switched my gaze from Patrick to my best friend and his new bride. A lump developed in my throat at the scene enfolding in the kitchen, far away from all the commotion that a room filled with boys brought. Pete was breathing hard and his jaw was clenched as Ashlee flailed her arms around, yelling at him. I lightly pushed Joe and Andy away to step closer to the unhappy couple.

“Let’s go see your surprise, okay?” Patrick whispered softly and grabbed my arm. I opened my mouth to talk but he shushed me. “It’s not your fault. It’s what they do. Just come on.”

Her body language said it all, she was jealous. I could tell with the looks she had flashed in my direction every now and again. I nodded slowly and tore my eyes away from my best friend having what seemed to be his first married couple fight with Ash. Although I knew what Patrick had said was a lie, I accepted it for the time being.

“Yeah, let’s go,” I said meekly, letting Patrick guide me outside the two story brown house and onto the sidewalk. He stopped right next to the nearest fire hydrant and leaned against it.

“This is my surprise?” I asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow. I couldn’t think of a proper response to the smirk forming on Patrick’s face so I said the first thing that came to mind. “I… love it?”

“Look behind you,” he grinned from ear to ear. I fake glared at him and turned around not knowing what to expect. But I couldn’t see anything due to the idiots with their high beams on, driving toward us.

“Patty-kins, I don’t understand,” I whined, shielding my eyes as the vehicle got closer to us. He chuckled at the bewildered look on my face as I looked to and fro, up and down for any kind of “surprise.” By this time the rest of the occupants of the house, including the bickering couple had congregated on the large stoop of the house as looks of amusement adorned all of their faces.

“You guys this isn’t funny,” I pouted, crossing my arms. I felt like the little child that everyone paid too much attention to as I fought back the tears that wanted to form from looking like a complete fool.

“Take one more look around Best,” Pete chuckled from the stoop. “I promise you’ll see it sooner or later.”

I let out a sigh and obliged to his command. I stared up at the starry night sky and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I then scanned my surroundings at eye level until the SUV with its high beams had caught my eye, but this time it was parked right next to Patrick and the fire hydrant. As I blinked away the tears that made my vision blurry I realized it was the same make and model of my BMW back home. I looked over my shoulder at Pete and he nodded for me to let my curiosity lead me. As my feet took me to what seemed like my car the window rolled down to reveal a grinning Spencer.

“Took you long enough May May. For a smart one, you’re not very bright,” he joked, getting out of the car.

Instead of fighting back with words, I tackled him and gave him the biggest bear hug.

“Spence what are you doing here?” I asked excitedly. “I thought I wasn’t going to see you for another week or so. And who’s that driving my car?” I looked through the open door to see a big, beefy guy behind the wheel. He flashed me a toothy grin and sent a wave my way.

“That’s Zack, our bodyguard. We needed all the drivers we could to get here as fast as possible. It was horrible without you. I was having Chelsea withdrawals,” he joked, placing the back of his hand on his forehead.

“We?” I questioned, trying to look past Spencer through his door and into the backseat.

“You really think I’d let Spencer drive your car without my supervision?” Ryan joked sleepily, as he climbed out of the car. He yawned and stretched, wrapping his lanky arms around my body. I returned the hug almost immediately as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. “We wouldn’t want Wonder Woman’s mode of transportation totaled now would we?”

“Thanks guys, “ I grinned, wrapping my arms around both of their waists. “But where’s Brendon?”

“In the back, sleeping,” Zack laughed, jerking his thumb behind him. “He finally crashed after that six pack of redbull he downed.”

I released my hold on Spencer and Ryan as I approached my car and climbed into the middle row to stare at a peaceful Brendon. I thought really hard about disturbing his slumber and waking him up but decided against it. It was due to his consumption of the redbulls that my baby was back in my possession, safe and sound. I smiled inwardly and covered his body with a jacket that seemed to be Zack’s due to it’s size.

“May May, did you want to get something to eat?” Sisky questioned from outside the car, snapping me back to reality. “That Chuck E. Cheese peetz wasn’t filling enough and we all thought it’d be a good idea to go out and celebrate our reunion.”

“Sounds like a plan. Will we all be walking or driving?” I asked, getting out of the car to find that everyone had migrated to the sidewalk rather than the stoop.

“Driving, Pete doesn’t want another paparazzi incident,” he answered, looking away. “So we decided on taking your car, Pete’s and Will’s.”

“Alright,” I said, nodding in agreement. “Drive my car, yeah? It‘ll take me a while to get used to the roads here even if I have my GPS.”

“Yeah of course,” he smiled slightly with a sparkle in his eyes. “As long as you sit up front.”

_____________________________

After thirty minutes of bickering about who would sit with who, I brought it upon myself to delegate who’d sit where, wanting to leave already due to the pangs in my stomach. I didn’t understand how these boys just didn’t want to stay with their band mates.

“Adam I feel like a momma,” I whispered to him as we drove to wherever it was that they had decided on.

“You already mentioned that today,” he chuckled lightly, turning the stereo volume lower.

“No, now I really feel like one. Come on don’t you feel like a dad with the four boys knocked out behind us?” I asked, referring to Brendon, Spencer, Ryan, Jon, and Zack. They were all fast asleep, snoring lightly except for Jon who was listening to his iPod while texting.

“Now that you put it that way, I guess I do,” he said with a smile, signaling to make a left turn. “I guess I’m just used to people sleeping as I drive. When TAI was first starting out, I was always made designated driver since I don’t need much sleep to keep me energized. But I won’t get into much detail, I’d probably bore you.”
“No, go on,” I urged him quietly, not wanting him to stop because once he did, I knew my thoughts would wander off to Pete and Ashlee’s fight. “I like hearing stories. Plus it’d give us a chance to get to know one another better.”

“Alright, but you have to promise to tell me something about yourself too,” he bargained, taking his eyes off the road for a quick second to glance at me.

“You’ve got yourself a deal Siska,” I giggled, thankful for his willingness to submerge ourselves in conversation.

________________________________

“This is just what I needed,” I sighed, leaning back in my chair as I grinned from ear to ear.

“And what exactly are you referring about?” Ryan asked from beside me after taking a sip of his beer.

“This,” I motioned at our big table. “Laughter, stories, just being with good company. I really needed tonight.”

“Do you mind me asking why,” he said quietly, shortening the distance between us so our conversation wouldn’t be picked up by any one else.

“I’ll explain another night,” I said, patting his hand. “Let’s just soak in this moment, yeah?”

He nodded and we did just that. Rounds of beer, gin and other alcohol were ordered time and time again as the conversation flowed from their secret show in a week to the most random things like Joe’s foot fetish. I opted out of drinking since I was already content with hearing the dirt that was continuously dished out due to the intoxication levels of almost everyone around me.

“I think that’s enough you guys,” I said, interrupting Pete when he asked the waitress to bring another round. The boys were slurring their words and I was afraid of what could happen when you had a group of at least 10 guys piss drunk in a public place.

“Oooone more, one moooore,” he said drunkenly.

“No Best, stop it,” I said getting out of my seat and heading over to him. “How are you even going to drive home huh?” I looked over at Ashlee, expecting her to agree with me.

“Why are you looking at me like that?!” she snapped, crossing her arms. “He’s your best isn’t he? Why can’t you handle him?”

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I said, letting my frustrations out. I didn’t care that this was the first time me and Ashlee had spoken to each other like that. Yes she was tipsy but that gave her no right to talk to me in such a manner. “You’re his wife. You have the rock on your finger, he chose you, he wants you. So stop being a jealous bitch and handle your man. All I ever was, was nice to you, and this is how you treat me?!” By then everyone was watching our yelling match, sobering up at the sound of me calling Ashlee a bitch.

“Chelsea May, that’s enough,“ Brendon said, taking me by the arm. He had had only one beer from what I could remember and was able to fully comprehend everything that was going on. Ashlee glared at me as I looked at Pete, expecting him to say something.

“Yeah,” I said, letting him lead me out of the restaurant as the previous passengers of my car, except for Sisky, slowly followed. Their heads hung low, showing their share of guilt for what just happened.

“What did I just do?” I asked Brendon, my eyes growing wide at the realization of the words that I had spat at Ashlee. My vision became blurry as I fought to keep the tears from falling. “Maybe I should go back and-”

“No,” he said softly, grabbing me at my waist to prevent me from going any closer to the restaurant. “It’ll be better in the morning. You just have to trust me on that. Now give me the keys and I‘ll drive.”

“I hope you’re right,” I whispered, handing over the keys. I climbed into the passenger seat when he unlocked the doors and buried my head into my shoulder as I let the tears fall freely.

What had I done? Best would never forgive me for this…

When the boys let the effects of the alcohol once again take over their bodies, they fell asleep, making Brendon brave enough to lace our fingers. And when a soft sob escaped my lips he’d lightly shush me and give our hands a light squeeze, promising that everything will be alright. I wasn’t strong enough to fight it and just let him be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the double post but I was having trouble just editing the other chapter so many grammatical mistakes, repetition of words, etc. I'll try to not let it happen again. (:
___
I'm crying readers. And why is that? Because my boys are back. The leak of The Ballad of Mona Lisa has just proven to me that Brendon and Spencer are here to stay. It's just like AFYCSO without Ryan's lyrical twists. I can't stop listening to it GAH. Amazing. Feel free to comment my profile so we can go fan girl together! AHA

Anywho, I 'm not very happy with this chapter but it'll do. Feedback whether it be negative or positive would be great. More feedback = faster updates