Status: Updated regularly (every other day or so)

The Fueled By Ramen Analysis

Wherefore Art Thou Joe?

New reader? Start from the beginning .
_________________________________________

He chuckled as he warmly accepted my hug.

“I take it that you like it?” he smiled.

“Like it? I love it!” I exclaimed, running back to my trunk and pulling out the 5 big shopping bags from Clandestine Industries. “I haven’t even seen what’s inside yet but I have a feeling I won’t be disappointed.”

“You better not!” he joked. “Let’s go back inside and you can change into your new, comfortable clothing.”

I skipped past Pete and into his house before I sat myself on the cool, hard tiled floor of the foyer in my dress. I dumped out all 5 shopping bags and gasped at all the amazing clothes. I picked up each article of clothing – from shorts to jeans, shirts to hoodies, vests to bags, and even dresses – and examined it. With every article, my smile grew bigger and bigger.

“Aww, look at her Pete,” Ashlee cooed. “She looks like a kid on Christmas morning.”

“Dude, this is better than Christmas!” I disagreed. “I got a new car, a new job, reunited with old friends, and like a thousand dollars worth of Clandestine Industries merchandise!”

“Try three thousand,” Pete said nonchalantly, looking up at the ceiling.

“Three thousand?!” I asked in surprised. “Pete, this was so unnecessary.”

“Well it is everything that Clandestine has put out - whether it was through Nordstrom, our website, or the physical stores – and some samples from our summer and fall line. It wasn’t necessary, but I wanted to. I’m the fucking owner of the label! I’m allowed to give free merchandise to whomever I please, especially if it’s my best friend!”

“I love you, Pete. And you too, Ashlee, ever since he’s been with you he’s been more generous,” I beamed at them.

“I’ve always been generous,” scoffed Pete, wrapping his arm around Ashlee.

Ashlee just shook her head in silent disagreement and winked at me. I smiled back at her and Pete looked at the both of us.

“Did I just miss something?” he asked confused.

“Yes, you did best friend. Ashlee and I have just agreed that you will be the one to fold these clothes back into the bag while I go change into this!” I said, grabbing onto a gray hoodie with the Clandestine logo imprinted on the hood. “I’ll just go ask the boys for a wife beater and some boxers.”

I got up from the floor, hoodie in hand and walked over to Ashlee and grabbed her hand with my free one.

“Goodbye, Petey, my boy,” I giggled. “I need to steal your fiancé.”

“Why do I have to do this?” Pete pouted as Ashlee and I walked up the stairs.

“Because you’re pro at folding clothes and we all know how pathetic I am when it comes to stuff like that,” I answered.

“Good point, but what about Ashlee?” he asked. “She can’t help me?”

“Nope,” I said before Ashlee could give her input. “I need her!”

And with that we reached the top of the stairs and turned left into the hallway.

“Your welcome,” I said, letting go of her hand.

“For what?” she giggled.

“Saving you from folding up that mess I made, duhh,” I said, walking off to find one of the other boys.

“Joe, oh, Joe. Wherefore art thou Joe?” I called out.

“Chelsea May? Is that you?” Joe asked, poking his head out of a room.

“Why yes it was,” I said, going towards him. “Do you by any chance have a clean pair of boxers and a black beater I could borrow?”

“For what?” He narrowed his eyes and folded his arms across his chest.

“What else? I wanted to sell them on eBay,” I answered.

“Oh, okay,” he shrugged. “Come in.”

He unblocked the doorway to let me through and went to his suitcase.

“Did you really think I was serious?” I asked as he handed me a black beater and red plaid boxers.

“You’re capable of doing anything, so why doubt your answers?”

“Well Joe, I think my gullible ness has rubbed off on you. I said that to see your reaction, which didn’t come out as expected,” I said, making my way out of the guest bedroom and into the bathroom. “But thank you for my temporary PJ’s.”

“Anytime,” he called out just as I closed the bathroom door.

After changing out of my dress and into the beater, boxers, and hoodie, I went to Pete and Ashlee’s bedroom door and knocked.

“Come in,” Ashlee’s sweet voice said.

“Hey,” I smiled at her, opening the door. “I’m not interrupting anything right?”

“Not at all, Pete’s in the bathroom doing God knows what,” she replied. “Is there something I can help you with? Or do you need Pete?”

“I was just wondering where I’d sleep since all the boys took the guest rooms,” I answered.

“Oh, hmm well you can always kick one of the boys out or just share with one of them,” she suggested.

“Oh okay, goodnight Ashlee,” I smiled at her.

“Goodnight sweetie,” she smiled back.

I closed the door and thought for a while who I would feel most comfortable with sharing a bed.

“Oh Pattycakes!” I sang. “Where are you?”

“Here!” he called out, sticking a hand out of one of the rooms.

I walked to the room and found him on the king-sized bed on his Macbook, fooling around with Garageband.

“Umm do you mind if I sleep with you tonight?” I asked, feeling a little awkward.

“It’s fine with me; this big bed gets lonely at times,” he said.

“Okay, cool,” I smiled at him. “Is it okay if I sleep now? I kind of had a long day and yeah…”

“Why are you even asking?” he chuckled. “Of course you can, I’ll join you. I wasn’t doing anything important anyways.”

I made my way across the room and crawled onto the other side of the bed. He turned off his laptop and then proceeded to turn the light off.

“Goodnight May,” he whispered.

“Goodnight,” I replied, yawning. “Do you think you could sing me something?”

Instead of replying he began singing TAI’s Slow Down quietly.

“Thank you,” I said, letting his calm, sweet voice lull me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY for srsly she guessed what was inside the trunk. Sorry it wasn't Brendon Urie hahah BUT I think the next chapter will DEFINITELY make up for that. It's one of my favorites so far [:

These aid in my want to update <3
Comment / Subscribe