A Story of a Man, A Women, And the Corpses of a Thousand Evil Men

"Release"

Lydia's POV

Now, it has been almost two years. Iv'e recieved a letter from Vince's Doctor. They were his discharge papers:

"Dear Mrs. Lydia J Alan,

Vincent has excessively progressed in the time being here. He seems to be acting back on track. While watching him through these long, two years, he's learned to control more than just his anger. I am pleased to inform you that he is now ready to be discharged. Although one warning concludes my news to you: On various occasions, he still seems to talk to himslef aloud. I find it harmless, but keep an eye on it.
Congradulations.
Time of dismissal will be 2:15pm Monday, August the 16th.

Sincerely,
MPD. Adam Cassiani"

A surge of hapiness swept through my veins. I was so excited to know my Vince was finally coming back. But, along with my joy, I felt an unsuspected feeling: Fear. I wasn't esactly sure of what I was afraid of. Well, I'll try to forget about it. The time is almost 2PM and I've got to get going. I wouldn't miss getting my old Vince back for the world.

Vincent's POV

Discharge today. Finally. I have been waiting for nearly two years. I understand I needed the help, But not god damn two years of it! Oh well, can't do anything about it now. My wonderful Lydia will be here in no time at all to come pick me up from this horrible, meaningless place. I've been so lost without her. Without the world. Now, when I look in the mirror, I don't even recognize the face in the reflection. But, I'll try to stay on track this time. I consider this my last chance and I'm not going to fuck it up. Not again.